..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: In love again.
BlogMenu

May 4, 2009

In love again.

A weeks before my moment in California hills, I shot a wedding with Mike Colon in Atlanta (which I will be posting soon!), but it was also an honor to shoot for the sweet couple, Rosanna & Jared, who I got to know personally in Hawaii at Mike's workshop. Rosanna also lost dad a few years ago and has been such a sweetheart in providing encouragement along the way as I went through the same thing earlier this year. And Jared, without knowing, also has provided encouragement as well, in a different way.

At their rehearsal dinner, Jared stood up in front of his closest friends and family, not only talking about his love for Rosanna, but also boldly sharing about when he first "fell in love with the Lord"... and those words right there really stood out to me.

Wow.

Fell IN love with the Lord.

Sure, I love the Lord and gave my life to Him many years ago, but was I still IN love with the Lord?

And as hard as it is to admit, I hadn't been. I was simply going through the motions trying to simply survive the heartbreak of losing the first man I ever loved. Choosing things I wanted over what He wanted and knew was His best for me. Not making time for Him in prayer at the beginning of each day like I used to, and instead letting busyness take priority. Getting caught up in ways of the world. Trying to numb my pain with things just weren't fulfilling and instead caused more pain. All those little ways Satan creeps in to take our eyes off the Lord and to doubt Him and His goodness.

I realized I was treating my relationship with the Lord like I was my relationship with the gym. One night I was complaining to Mark about how I just didn't have time to work out and how guilty I felt for taking the time to work out when I had so much work on my plate to do for my clients. And he responded back, "Actually, you should look at it like you should feel guilty for NOT taking time to take care of yourself. If you don't take care of yourself first and build up your strength, everything else will fall apart around you." And how true I've been seeing it is the same with our spiritual "workout." God designed us to NEED to start our days with Him, to find our strength in Him, to reconnect with Him just like any other love relationship. Because when we don't, everything else will fall apart around us.

In diving back into my Bible study, I really loved this passage and analogy Jesus talked about in John 15:

"I am the vine, and you are the branches. If any remain in me and I remain in them, they produce much fruit. But without me, they can do nothing. If any do not remain in me, they are like the branch that is thrown away and then dies. People pick up dead branches, throw them into the fire and burn them. If you remain in me and follow my teachings, you can ask anything you want, and it will be given to you. You should produce much fruit and show that you are my followers, which brings glory to the Father. I loved you as the Father loved me. Now remain in my love. I have obeyed my Father's commands, and I remain in His love. In the same way, if you obey My commands, you will remain in My love. I have told you these things so that you can have the same joy I have and so that your joy will be the fullest possible joy."

I really love the words in this video, "I Need You to Love Me" by the Christian group Barlow Girl. Relistening to the song again, it just makes me teary eyed, but in a beautiful way. May your day be filled with Jesus' sweet love too!



Video from tangle.com

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for this, Scarlett.

I've been feeling the same way about my relationship with God, and really needed to read your post and watch that video.

God bless you, sweet girl <3

May 4, 2009 at 5:10 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I LOVE the song by Barlow Girl..LOVE. IT's been a favorite for a long while! And I *just* posted that verse on my Facebook status page the other day! ;)
God is good..He never fails us- never leaves us--He's right there waiting for us when we return to Him...AWESOME. Beyond amazing. Beyond comprehension for us undeserving peons! ;)

May 4, 2009 at 11:07 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Thanks for reminding me of John 15. I am the vine, you are the branches.....

It brought new meaning to that passage for me personally. I needed that. Thanks for sharing!

May 5, 2009 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger René Tate said...

Scarlett, you just scored major points. I had no idea you were a Christian. Love it! Me too. Thanks for being a mentor. You have no idea :)

May 5, 2009 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger K Sherrie+Co Planning Atelier said...

I needed to read this post at this moment. Thanks, Scarlet!

May 5, 2009 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger GreenScarfProject said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...I memorized John 15 about a year ago and it's so rich to meditate on the contents. Have you read "Secrets of the Vine" by Bruce Wilkinson? I really appreciate his take on the passage.
I think I need to go back and work through it again. =) Thanks for the reminder.

You've been in my prayers, Scarlett and it's exciting to see what the Lord is doing in and through you.
-Vanessa Myers

May 7, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.