..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Featured Magazine Publishings /// Southern Weddings, The Knot Florida, Rangefinder, Jacksonville Magazine
BlogMenu

Dec 10, 2009

Featured Magazine Publishings /// Southern Weddings, The Knot Florida, Rangefinder, Jacksonville Magazine



Someone pinch me.

Just earlier this year I was praying about getting published in more magazines this year. And today I took photos of not just one, but FOUR magazines I have recently been published in. What the heck? But I can't help but chuckle. That's just like God. When we ask for something, He always out gives better than we could have imagined. I give all credit to Him for the amazing hook ups!

First, this time last year I shot a GORGEOUS wedding for Shayla & Kyle in Savannah, Ga at the Mansion on Forsyth Park. Shortly after, an amazing new magazine called Southern Weddings launched it's first issue, and I knew this Savannah wedding would be the perfect match. I was excited when I got an email from their editors asking to feature it! Here's the 4-page spread design they sent me! (How appropriate that my name is listed under Shayla's darling Kate Spade hot pink shoes!)





I still love all the fabulous event design Steve Kemble did for this wedding!



Second, I got in the mail today the new The Knot Florida for Spring/Summer 2010. I knew Sarah & Zac's beautiful jewel toned wedding was going to be featured, so I flipped over to it and loved it!



Then I noticed on the cover that it was the Best of 2010 issue, so I was like "Hmm, let me flip over there and see who got chosen." To my surprise, I saw the readers chose ME as one of the top 10 wedding photographers in North Florida. Do what? For real? SWEEEEEEET! Thank you soooo much to those who voted!

I just have to say that it is an honor to be featured under the late Naomi Williams. When I was a videographer, we had a booth next to each at a bridal show, and she was a photographer who really inspired me to want to try out photography after seeing how beautifully she captured weddings. She graciously gave me a tour of her studio years ago and after that, I was hooked and bought my first camera. She will definitely be missed in this community.



Third, the other day I was flipping through the September issue of Rangefinder magazine recently, trying to catch up on my pile that had been collecting on my coffee table. Next thing I know, I see MY FACE. What the heck? And not only was it my face, it was next to Denis Reggie's face (the father of wedding photojournalism and wedding photog to the stars!), and mentioned with a lot of other photographers I have looked up to since I started this crazy journey 3 years ago. It was for an ad for Pictage's PartnerCon that we were both speakers at. Granted, at this point, PartnerCon was over, but I had no idea my picture was featured in their ad. So it was thrilling to see I made it in the professional photographer mag, Rangefinder!



Fourth, the other day I was grocery shopping and my make up artist friend, Paulina Perez, had told me that Jacksonville Magazine just came out with their Best of 2009 issue. I knew I had been chosen by the readers in the bridal issue a few months ago, (again, SUPER THANKS TO THOSE WHO VOTED!) but they apparently re-listed the bridal selections in this new issue. So cool! I wanted to tell the check out guy "Guess what, I'm in this issue!" but I, uh, held back.

I do have to say though, it's funny to me to be featured under the cutesy store, Pineapple Post, because it is owned by my old boss's sister-in-law. Small world!



FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS:

Those out there hoping to get published, I just want to use this as an example of why blogs are so important! It's because of how I blog my weddings, AND THE DETAILS from each wedding, that editors follow my work and ask to feature it, or that I'm able to easily send them links to my new weddings for them to consider. To be honest, I never used to blog detail shots before, but then I realized, that's what magazine editors want to showcase more than the lovey dovey shots of the bride and groom. Their goal is to show future brides details of what they can implement in their wedding day. So the more you can show on your blog, the better and more easy it is for the editors to consider your wedding. And I use the fabulous MCP Actions to help me easily do the detail collages. Check 'em out!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Stephen Knuth said...

Your AMAZING! :-) I think they need to add one more to that "best of" list. Best Girlfriend in the world and that would be... YOU!

December 10, 2009 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Gray Photography - Zach and Jody - Nashville Wedding Photography said...

Way to go!!! You deserve it!!! Hugs to you... - JG

December 10, 2009 at 6:50 PM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

Congrats! And thanks for sharing your advice. I admire how generous you continue to be with what you have learned.

December 10, 2009 at 8:47 PM  
Anonymous Gavin Wade said...

Holy Cow! Scarlett you are ROCKING it! I can't believe it either, you are on FIRE! Keep up the amazing work....*PINCH!!* ;)

December 15, 2009 at 8:28 PM  
Anonymous Cathy Crawley said...

That is awesome, congratulations! Hope to see you again in Vegas ;)

December 19, 2009 at 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.