..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Happily Ever After.
BlogMenu

Apr 8, 2009

Happily Ever After.

Once upon a time there was a girl who dreamt of being a photographer. She didn't have fancy equipment or know what an FStop or Shutter Speed did. She simply had a small point and shoot, turned it on Auto and shot from her heart. Eventually she got a real camera and turned her love of photography into a career and it became work work work. Her heart was sad because she started to lose the enjoyment of the very reason why she got into photography, but she continued to plug away and work work work. However, she was very blessed because her camera took her all over the world on exciting travels for various work assignments, but how annoying it became going through each airport security carrying all her gear everywhere she went.

This same girl always dreamed of being swept off her feet by an amazing guy, and was finally able to take a personal vacation with this man of her dreams that had nothing to do with work. She debated whether to take her fancy camera and lenses to document the beauty of a magical land called California. After much debate, she decided to get back in touch with the very reason she fell in love with photography and only take her small point and shoot in order to not worry about FStops and Shutter Speeds, but to simply set her point-in-shoot on auto and shoot from the heart.

The pictures in this story may not be fancy, but they carry a lot of special memories. Here's a few sneak peeks that the girl has decided to share of her journey with her Prince Charming in the magical land of California. :-) (And a few of his point-in-shoot pics are mixed in too!)


First, Mark was here to help me shoot Danielle & Jay's wedding. The night before though, I surprised him with a special date night. It was so funny how all of a sudden, everyone here in Jacksonville was telling him how he looked like the actor Jason Stratham. Apparently he's in a lot of guy movies, so I didn't know who he was, but of course I had to IMDB him and look at the comparison. I personally think Mark is much hotter. he he


Then the last night, Mark made my mom and I dinner, and was showing her all the secret plans he had in store for our trip to Napa! So not fair that I didn't get to see, but I secretly liked it and how cute he was to make all these surprise plans.


Flying the California coast. I'm sooooo jealous of East Coast sunsets! And I never knew Cali had these random islands on the coast.


A pit stop on the drive up the coast. These yellow flowers were blooming EVERYWHERE! It was soooo breathtaking!


The flowers lining the side of the road. Definitely made for such a gorgeous drive up!


And it was sooooo green. Reminded me of Hawaii almost.


Even more of God's beauty. Seriously, this flat land Florida girl was truly amazed by all the beaches with clifts.


A quick stop at the Golden Gate bridge being tourists. This moment was kind of hard for me emotionally because I also visited this with my dad in college. But I'm so blessed to have Mark's hand to hold in those hard moments.


We arrived in Napa! We didn't actually see any grapes because apparently this time of year is when they are just starting to grow. But it was still cool to see all the vineyards.


The first of the surprises, Mark reserved a special boat tour of the Napa River, just the two of us. Funny too, he just happened to be wearing the Pictage PartnerCon shirt which is ironic because that's where we first met. :-)


One of my favorite pictures from the trip. It's so symbolic of our relationship and how protective he is of my heart.


Another one of my favorite pics. Just laying in the grass enjoying the moment. he he


Something really cool that we did was the Napa Valley Wine Train! This is a must to do if you are visiting the area.


Another surprise. Mark all of a sudden started calling me "Sweetie Pie" on the trip, and I was like, ok, I guess he's just being affectionate with a new pet name. ha! But it was because he was going to surprise me by taking to this pie bakery called Sweetie Pies! It was the cutest little vintage shop and we shared an apple pie together.


Me just being a diva as always playing around with this hat I saw as we walked around.


And another cool thing he surprised me with was visiting the Culinary Institute of America in St. Helena's. Yummy food! This is me standing next to the huge wine barrels.


Just a fun self portrait playing with the sun.


We get back to the Monterey area where he's from and Mark tells me we are going for a drive to look at some things and might walk around. So I grab my jacket, but I didn't realize we were like going HIKING walking around. He got a kick out of my fabulous self having to jump over a mud puddle in my prissy white jacket.


Yes, we love being cheesy together.


Hanging out at Point Lobos.


I love how symbolic this shot is of me and where my mind is right now in life wondering what lies ahead on so many different levels.


Mark showing me Big Sur!


More fun self portraits!

Labels:

21 Comments:

Blogger stacey said...

You have no clue how much these pictures make me miss Napa! I only lived there for a couple years, but I LOVED it! I lived in Napa and worked in St. Helena and we stayed our wedding night at the Napa River Inn. Love Napa! I'm glad you got to see how beautiful it is. The Bay Area will always hold a special place in my heart.

April 8, 2009 at 11:50 PM  
Blogger Kayleen Taulanga said...

I love your hair on the wine train! So va-va-voluminous!

April 9, 2009 at 12:19 AM  
Blogger Bethany Fegles Photography said...

Scarlett! You two are SO cute together! So cute! :)
I don't remember when I found your blog, but I've been loving it!
Blessings,
:) Bethany

April 9, 2009 at 12:45 AM  
Blogger Caroline Ghetes said...

I LOVE the photo of him holding you close. I would blow it up if I were you. Or make a scrapbook page out of it, I don't know. You two seem very in love and I am very happy for you guys for that : )

April 9, 2009 at 1:00 AM  
Blogger DeAnna said...

I love the photo of your mom and the look on her face, like she has been where you are and is reliving her experience in love as you and Mark are.

April 9, 2009 at 1:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh fun and so cute. I am so happy for you, for the both of you!
BTW I love the shades ;)

April 9, 2009 at 1:56 AM  
Blogger Teresa Ribeiro said...

AWWW... SOOO HAPPY FOR THE BOTH OF YOU!! SCARLETT, YOU LOOK SO PEACEFUL AND RELAXED IN EVERY PHOTO. FUN TIMES ARE TO BE CHERISED FOREVER.

<3 TERESA

April 9, 2009 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Lyndsay Almeida said...

i am so, so happy for you. these pictures are truly special. i love how giddy you both look in all of them!!!

April 9, 2009 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger Lyndsay Almeida said...

ps-the "protective" picture needs to be a canvas-seriously!!!

April 9, 2009 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These were some of the most beautiful photos I've ever seen...on so many levels. I am so happy for you and Mark!

April 9, 2009 at 9:25 AM  
Blogger Regina White said...

Scarlett I have to tell you it's great to see you look fabulously HAPPY! Only you can make PNS photos look awesome! These are all great! Thanks for sharing your art, life and emotions with us. I always look forward to reading your blog.

April 9, 2009 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger Annabelle Manning Photography said...

I was suppose to go to Napa last year, but do to being laid off we had to push going out later on down the road. Thank you for posting these pictures, it just reminds me of why I want to go. The pic's were lovely!

April 9, 2009 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Laura Lu said...

oh scarlett, i totally got tears in my eyes looking at the symbolic one of him protecting your heart! you know how much i've been praying for you from the beginning of this whole relationship. to me it was also symbolic of just how Great our God is!

all of these pics are just gorgeous! you two are the cutest couple ever...but you already know that! ;)

April 9, 2009 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger Esquire Photography said...

Hey Scarlett,

I can only think of one bit that truly describes you as a person, an artist & a woman.

True Romantic.

Thanks for sharing more of your endeavours - cheers!

David Esquire
Esquire Photography
www.esquirephotography.com

April 9, 2009 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger Jolie said...

Love it! I was blessed to live in Monterey for a year. It is just beautiful around there!

April 9, 2009 at 9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scarlett,

It looks like you had a ton of fun! thanks for the invite to join you on your excursion... from the looks of it, it was good I didn't come!
Can anyone say, 'third wheel'?
hahaha!

cheers!

next time you're out this way, give me a ring!

April 10, 2009 at 3:56 PM  
Blogger MCRFD said...

Scarlett,

You don't know me and I don't know you but I do know Mark. We were in an ill-fated Paramedic class a few years back. Anyway, I recently emailed him to comment on how much I liked his photography but also to comment on how fun it is watching the story of your romance. Great pix, great blogs, I'm a sucker for a romantic story and yours is worthy of Hollywood. From the Vegas trip to your Dad's memorial, I feel like I was there.

I'm getting married in two weeks so maybe I'm getting extra sappy but just wanted to tell you I'm glad you two found each other. He's a good man and seems very happy with you. Have fun.

Scott Fenton
Carmel, CA

April 10, 2009 at 11:16 PM  
Blogger Studio222 Photography said...

Cuteness. Nate and I are headed to San Fran & Napa in November! These pictures make me ready to pack my backs right now. ;) Any Napa recs for good places to take pictures????

April 14, 2009 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger Beautiful Moments Photography said...

You guys are so darn cute together! It looks like you had an amazing time away :)

April 15, 2009 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger mike steelman said...

I think you two are so freakin cute! :) I can't wait till you get back out here!

April 17, 2009 at 8:49 PM  
Blogger Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

I do love your hair in that train shot :)

April 18, 2009 at 11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.