..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Love is in the air!
BlogMenu

Feb 12, 2008

Love is in the air!

I know it's not Valentine's Day yet, but yesterday, I felt so much of God's love through a lot of little ways and different people. I've been getting so many wonderful Valentine's cards from others, but my favorite so far has been from my mom. She knows me too well when it comes to my fashionista ways. The card even has my pink stripes on it!!



Then, I got the sweetest out of the blue email from my gorgeous bride, Cara.

"Hey little miss jet setter...

I cannot believe what an incredible year you have had. I just wanted to write you and let you know WHAT AN HONOR it will be to have you as a photographer for our wedding. I was looking at your blog and your latest pictures from Jamaica and I just had this overwhelming sense of how incredibly lucky I am to be having you capture one of the most special days of my life. You are not only a wonderful photographer but such a great person. I am honestly so happy for you and everything you are accomplishing. I just wanted to tell you that and let you know how excited I am getting for all the wedding fun :) Keep it up girl, you are FABULOUS! have a great day.

Cara"


Sweet emails like that is the reason I love what I do. It is such an honor to be used in someone's life to capture and document their most important day! I'm so excited to shoot her wedding in June at the beautiful Jekyll Club. Here's one of my favorite photos from her engagement session with her Justin Timberlake look-a-like man, Drew!




Then, on a routine session to my mailbox, I got surprised by my darling sweet friend, Darice Michelle, with a box of raw chocolates! It was even wrapped in a fabulous hot pink bag!



Darice served as such a big inspiration in why I went vegetarian last year, and then later in the year she turned me onto the even greater benefits of being a raw foodist. No, it doesn't mean eating raw meat, but instead, eating only the natural and living things God created in the beginning of time that are grown from the earth like fruits and vegetables and nuts. And yes, raw means not eating anything that is cooked or processed or jarred or canned. It sounds very impossible and limiting, and I never thought I could do it, but yet, I discovered there is so much variety out there and great resources of recipes in ways you can create amazing things like raw tacos, raw pizza, raw soup, etc. You would be surprised at all the endless possibilities. Anyways, so I was telling her the other day that one of the hardest things for me in going raw is giving up chocolate!!! So today, I was completely surprised to open my mailbox and discover that she sent me a box of the yummiest raw chocolates for Valentine's Day!

If you are interested in learning more about this, Darice keeps an amazing blog about her journey as a raw foodist at gowonderwoman.blogspot.com. She explains it all better than I ever could. However, I do have to say, after my cancer scare, in the months of November and December, I was pretty hardcore doing the raw thing in wanting to truly take care of my body and detox, and I felt completely amazing from the inside out! I totally felt renewed not only physically, but emotionally and spiritually as well. And as an extra benefit, I lost those 10 stubborn pounds that I've never been able to lose before through regular healthy eating and excercise. But with the holidays, and all my travel in the month of January, I totally slacked, and even gave in and ate meat again for a month (eek! bad girl!). Needless to say, I started to feel like crap again, the weight came back on, and I realized I felt like crap because of the crap I was putting back in my body. So this past week, I've been trying to get back into the raw thing, but really struggling with missing chocolate, especially with Valentine's goodies around the corner. But getting the raw chocolate from Darice totally made my day to discover I can still have it, the raw way! (Now if they would come out with raw M&Ms, I would be set!)

Anyways.... so yesterday was a great day of feeling love from all different sources and one of those days that God was reminding me why life is so beautiful. As my mom has always said, "Whatever the question, love is the answer."

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Kara Pennington Photography said...

Love your mom's card (so you!) and what a sweet gift from Darice :) Enjoy your chocolates!!!

February 12, 2008 at 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww...how sweet! I love Valentine's Day, but most importantly recognizing the loved ones in our lives EVERYDAY! I found a card that I gave you but that you left in my car the other day. I will wrap it back up and resend it to you :)

Have a fabulous week and V Day!

I'm making cookies...I will leave some at the house for you to pick up on Sunday!

February 12, 2008 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Kenzie Shores Photography said...

thats so awesome. Cara is right, you are fabulous! :)

so...you can really loose that stubborn 10 pounds by going raw???? hmmmmm.....

February 12, 2008 at 3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chocolate used to be my worst...I loved it, however coffee & mocha has replaced it! I've been thinking about going raw too.

by the way...I just got into LoveAffair week2...I'LL SEE YOU THERE!!! =)

February 12, 2008 at 10:56 PM  
Blogger Monica Z. Photography said...

Thats so awesome that you are doing the raw food thing... my husband and I are vegan, and we have tried going raw for about a week at a time... any good recipe books you like?

February 14, 2008 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Kara and Rachel- Thanks!

Kenzie- Yes, but that was in addition to continue exercising (running and yoga). Going raw was just that extra edge to melting pounds away that exercise alone wasn't doing. Not that I was doing it for weight issues, but it was a nice bonus. It was interesting to realize all the extra crap we carry around in our bodies and the extra weight that processed food puts on us in the way that it doesn't properly digest in our bodies and just stays there dragging us down. But doing raw, you get soooo cleaned out and feel so much lighter physically from all the toxins you get rid of (trust me, you start to see interesting things in the toilet!). Also too, whenever I do raw, my skin always clears up beautifully in the way that raw truly purifies your every pore!

Jackie- I love anything mocha too. A tall mocha frappaccino from Starbucks is my fave! I've been good lately though in trying to detox from that as well!

Monica- So cool. I haven't really gotten any recipe books because I've looked mostly online for recipes or done recipes Darice has sent me. Check out her blog because she has a bunch of links to great resources. I definitely know there are good books out there that I've leafed through in her kitchen.

February 15, 2008 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

raw chocolate?! where has that been ALL MY LIFE?!? we need to go eat some vegetarian food together! :)

February 18, 2008 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Totally!! Will you be at WPPI J Star?

February 20, 2008 at 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.