..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: WPPI 2010 Recap
BlogMenu

Mar 16, 2010

WPPI 2010 Recap

WPPI.

Whew.

I'm still exhausted.

What a crazy busy time it was this year.

Reflecting back, it's kind of like when you would go on Spring Break in college and get back to realize, "Wait, what actually happened last week?" It all feels like a blur.

My favorite part of WPPI is how it feels like a high school reunion. Catching up with old friends you haven't seen in a year. Making new friends. Meeting YOU who follow me here on my journey. Being inspired by all the talent in this industry. Seeing new products and learning what's out there in the photography world. Shooting in new locations.

But one of my favorite new things I participated in was the 2 hours I got to slow down, and enter into worship with the Lord with about 100 other photographers who came together for a grassroot movement called UNITE. It was started by my photog friends Mike Larson and David Jay in Santa Barbara, and has evolved into UNITE groups starting up all over the nation. As busy as WPPI can get, it was refreshing to stop the whirlwind around me, sing worship songs, reflect on His word, and come together with other photographers on a similar mission to use their gift for a greater purpose of promoting God's goodness in this industry.

Here's some highlights from the fun things that went on:

First Stephen & I headed to the Airhorns and Lasers party hosted by Southern Weddings magazine.


Our buddy Jeff Youngren getting his dance on!


An email buddy I finally got to meet, Caroline Ghetes and her friend Diana Radoi


The always fabulous Cathy Crawley from Australia!


Stephen & I goofing off in the GoBee party photobooth!


Stephen & I speaking at a ShowIt Sites user gathering.


Stephen's amazing shootout on the strip! More can be seen on his blog!


So Stephen and I were invited to a dinner with the ShowIt crew one night, and this is how David Jay welcomes us to the ShowIt family! A little strange to be eating something staring back at me. (For the record, yes, for now I still use PhotoBiz, but I was so impressed with the ShowIt peeps that I will be switching to ShowIt soon!)


A cool pano Stephen grabbed on his iPhone of my Vegas desert shootout!


More pictures to come soon of Gavin and Erin Wade, but here's a group shot from my shootout!


The UNITE worship get together.


It was so great to meet Feuza Dos Rois and Katrina Wheeler. These are two amazing girls you want to keep your eye on.


Chatting with the best CEO in the world, Jim Collins, at the Pictage booth.


So proud of my honey for presenting his first talk at WPPI at ShowIt's Secret Service get together.


Hanging out at the ShootSac booth catching up with my friend, and now hair twin, Jessica Claire. She was taking these fun polaroid-like pics!


Always great to see old friends, Lain Eubank and David Esquire.


Stephen and I had dinner with some of our favorite people, Jody and Zach Gray!


One last pic before we left of the very spot we first met a year ago (though I don't remember it, whoops!)


Such an amazing time with lots of great new memories! I was also tagged in a lot more photos on my Facebook! If you've never been to WPPI, I definitely recommend you start saving up for next year. It's like Twitter, you don't get it until you dive in!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Mitchell Photography said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Hopefully next year I will be able to attend! Thanks for sharing with us!

March 16, 2010 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Cute pictures of you and Stephen! Like two peas in a pod!

March 16, 2010 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Amber Herlocker said...

It was SO wonderful to meet you at WPPI! You are absolety gorgeous...inside and out!! Be blessed.

March 16, 2010 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger Feuza said...

Ah Scarlet thanks so much for your kind words! I so loved meeting you and loved how you are how you are on your blog, and you and Stephen were such a blessing to me at my first WPPI, did not know you had met there, how cool, lots has happened in one year and yes last week is like an awesome blur I want to relive again,
xoxo

March 16, 2010 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So great to meet you Scarlett :)
We'll catch up soon!! :D

March 16, 2010 at 7:03 PM  
Blogger Esquire Photography said...

Hey Scarlet,

As always it was uber-cool to see you, "SK from SD" and so many other incredible and wonderful people.

This year's event took on a totally different role for me & when I showed up open to see how the trip would be - my life is now changed both personally & professionally.

Obviously baby steps are required...

Thanks so much for sharing your story with us and I'll see you hopefully sooner than later - cheers!

David Esquire
Esquire Photography
www.esquirephotography.com

March 17, 2010 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger Mike Larson said...

Scarlett, sounds like you had a great time out there, I love hearing your stories and seeing the shots! Stephen is a good guy and I'm glad I got to know him better last week! See you soon!

March 17, 2010 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger Katrina Wheeler Photography said...

It was so great to finally meet you, it was such a pleasure! Thanks for the amazing time at your desert shootout, it was gorgeous that day! I'm so glad that you are so happy and you and stephen look perfect together! :) See you again in a year! If not sooner! :)

March 17, 2010 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

I miss everyone! :-)

March 17, 2010 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I'm hoping to make it to my first WPPI next year...fingers crossed! :) UNITE sounds so awesome...definitely would love to attend that one!

March 18, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.