..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Scarlett Lillian Workshop: Meet Jessica Ashley, Esther Kraus, & Mandi Singer
BlogMenu

Feb 3, 2010

Scarlett Lillian Workshop: Meet Jessica Ashley, Esther Kraus, & Mandi Singer

Wow. Just 2 days away from the opening of my workshop. Someone pinch me. It just seems like yesterday when I nervously put the announcement out there wondering if anyone would really sign up. Now I have a SOLD OUT workshop full of 20 amazing women coming from near and far as we celebrate our love of photography. Seriously? God is soooooo good!

Here's a few more of the girls attending to showcase on the blog with their lovely faces and answers to my fun interview!






1. Name:
Jessica Ashley

2. Website:
http://peachtreephotography.com

3. Blog:
http://peachtreephotography.blogspot.com/

4. Twitter:
http://twitter.com/peachtreephoto

5. Where are you coming from?
Atlanta Georgia

6. What 3 words describe your photography?
intimate, fun, real

7. What do you love most to photograph?
Emotion...yea I know that's not the answer most people expect but it's what I love most about photography as a medium.

8. If you could photography anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
Elvis...sick infatuation don't ask.

9. What does fabulous mean to you?
I think being fabulous is something that comes from within, so I may not look so fabulous on the outside but on the inside I'm a size 4.

10. If you were on a deserted island, what three things would you want with you?
my mac, water and my camera...I'm very piratical.

11. Who is your hero and why?
My husband, he is so good better than any person I know. He loves the lord, forgives and is kind and believe me I have learned a lot from him.

12. If they made a movie of your life, what actress would you want to play you, and what would the title of your movie be?
um, wait...what. Is it Fiction? Lets just say it is, the title would be Rockin the world: the story of Jessica Ashley the most famous photographer EVER....I'm so lame!

13. What’s your favorite flavor of cupcakes?
confetti..no really I know it only vanilla but it has pretty colors.

14. When you give thanks, what is on top of your list?
My family, they are the reason that I live and the reason I've followed my dreams to become a photographer.

15. What is one valuable thing you have learned as a photographer that you can pay forward to those reading this?
Learn, work, read everyday. Education is everything, if you love photography work at it everyday!

***********

Next up is Esther Kraus!! I had the pleasure of meeting Esther at the Dane Sanders Fast Track Photographer Workshop this past week and we instantly hit it off. We both laughed as we told each other that we felt like we met another version of ourselves. Such a cute and stylish sweetheart Esther is with a beautiful heart of faith!







1. Name:
Esther Louise Kraus

2. Website:
www.estherkraus.com

3. Blog:
http://www.estherkrausphotography.blogspot.com

4. Twitter:
twitter.com/@essielouise

5. Where are you coming from?
St. Petersburg

6. What 3 words describe your photography?
romantic, emotional, stylish

7. What do you love most to photograph?
Love. Anywhere I can find it, it is so amazing to capture a moment in someone’s life that tells a story and brings back the emotion they were feeling. So I love taking pictures of anything that reminds people of the way it feels or felt to be loved.

8. If you could photography anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
This changes all of the time, so my answer for today is Taylor Swift. She is so cute and seems down to earth and up for anything so I can imagine it being a fun and creative shoot!

9. What does fabulous mean to you?
Being comfortable in your own skin, and of course having a great shoe collection helps too.

10. If you were on a deserted island, what three things would you want with you?
My guitar, a bible, and my friends – that could keep me entertained for a very long time.

11. Who is your hero and why?
My mom. She is so selfless in everything she does and has been an amazing example of strength and humility to follow.

12. If they made a movie of your life, what actress would you want to play you, and what would the title of your movie be?
Rachel McAdams – she’s played a lot of roles where she is fun, passionate, and carefree but there is always some depth underneath it all. “For such a time as this” (that one is for you Scarlett, but it is SO true!)

13. What’s your favorite flavor of cupcakes?
Vanilla

14. When you give thanks, what is on top of your list?
My fiancé Jesse, he has pushed me to be a better person and loves me boldly and endlessly.

15. What is one valuable thing you have learned as a photographer that you can pay forward to those reading this?
Find your style and stay true to it. I think knowing this and being able to express it to your clients makes them and you more happy being able to match up on this. There will be plenty of people that don’t match up with your style and that is totally okay. Just find the ones that do and you will both be happier for it. And if you are comparing yourself to other people that are further down the road than you – don’t! You are unique and fabulous, and there can only be one you!


***********

Next is another sweetheart with such bubbly energy I met at the Dane Sanders workshop last week! I'm so excited that Mandi is driving all the way down back from Atlanta to come to Jacksonville again for my workshop this time! It's funny how our paths almost crossed 2 years ago at the Love Affair Workshop, but she attended the 1st week, and I attend the 2nd week. I was so glad that our paths finally crossed last week and I can't wait to see her again this weekend!








1. Name:
Mandi Singer

2. Website:
www.mandisinger.com

3. Blog:
http://mandisinger.squarespace.com/

4. Twitter:
twitter.com/mandisinger

5. Where are you coming from?
Covington, Georgia (Just east of Atlanta)

6. What 3 words describe your photography?
Spontaneous, Energetic & Life

7. What do you love most to photograph?
People in love

8. If you could photography anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
My grandparents Sarah & Boyce Fleeman. They passed away when I was a kid, but they always encouraged me and were incredibly supportive during my childhood.

9. What does fabulous mean to you?
Glowing from the inside out with a unique style and personality that is all your own!!

10. If you were on a deserted island, what three things would you want with you?
iPhone, Food and my boyfriend Marc

11. Who is your hero and why?
His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama. He was forced to leave his home yet he still has incredible compassion and forgiveness for everyone. The way that he humbly lives his life and his teachings that Love is the answer that all people are seeking, no matter what religion they may be, inspires me to be a more open-minded, compassionate person.

12. If they made a movie of your life, what actress would you want to play you, and what would the title of your movie be?
Cameron Diaz would play me and it would be called “Wounded Heart, Triumphant Finish”

13. What’s your favorite flavor of cupcakes?
Key Lime with Cream Cheese Icing & sprinkles!!

14. When you give thanks, what is on top of your list?
God’s presence in my life.

15. What is one valuable thing you have learned as a photographer that you can pay forward to those reading this?
Comparing yourself to other photographers will get you nowhere! The most important thing is to find YOUR unique photography style and vision and build your business around those strengths. Someone once told me that there will always be someone who is better at photography than you and someone who wants to be as good as you are. Just embrace who you are and where you are in this journey of life and stop the comparison game. You are uniquely you and THAT ROCKS!!!

Labels:


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.