..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Photog Retreat: Bahamas Cruise Wrap Up
BlogMenu

Jan 15, 2010

Photog Retreat: Bahamas Cruise Wrap Up

Back in August, my friend Kaci and I attended a Christian women's photographer retreat in Oregon called Be Thou My Vision. On the last day when we had some down time, we walked the Oregon trails hiking through the forest and sharing with each other certain dreams and visions the Lord was placing on our hearts during that weekend. We both share a heart for helping other photographers and while I shared with Kaci my vision about hosting my 1st group workshop, she shared with me her vision about a retreat for photographers to come together on a cruise for part retreat/part workshop.

It's so exciting to fast forward to now. Here I am planning my own workshop for February, and we just got back from the cruise to the Bahamas that she once dreamed about hosting. I love seeing when God fulfills the visions He places on our hearts, and I was excited to join Kaci on this amazing retreat as a guest speaker.

Thursday night, everyone met for a meet-n-greet and we sang Happy Birthday to not one, but 2 of the photographers celebrating their birthday that very day. Sarah, from Wisconsin (who posted a fun blog entry, go look!), and Joyce from San Diego were only 1 year apart!

Friday began the workshop and my boyfriend, Stephen Knuth, and I opened with inspiring talks. Friday afternoon when we pulled into port, Stephen and I led the group around the Bahamas to shoot. I taught about how to find the fabulous in couples, and Stephen taught about off camera lighting.


Image by Joyce Kuklis


Saturday, we finished the workshop with more talks from the Bui Brothers, Shaun Austin of KISS Books, Kylie Banks of Phaunt Actions, and Todd Watson, co-founder with David Jay of Show It Sites.

Saturday night, Stephen took headshots of the attendees and we all danced the night away in the cruise dance club.

SUCH an amazing time it was. I loved how the attendees all became like a family by the end of it, and it was hard to say goodbye. Here's a fun shot of some of us looking up into a mirror on the ceiling on the cruiseboat!


Pic by Val Ritter.


A bunch of candid pics that were grabbed from attendees can be seen on my Facebook that they tagged me in. But here's a few of their teaser videos they made of the cruise. Kaci will be posting more pics and a wrap up up on the retreat blog soon at photogretreat.blogspot.com. She told me that because of the success of this cruise, she is already planning next year's cruise for Alaska!! Woo hoo!

First, by Sarah Bohl:



Second, by Shain Petty (who was Stephen's roommate and caught this funny video of Stephen trying to record an out of the country voicemail. he he)

.




Here's my shots from the photoshoot in the Bahamas of Todd Watson and his beautiful wife Elisa!





























Here's a slideshow of all of Todd & Elisa's images! It was so funny to be creating a Show It Slideshow of the guy who created the software! ha!


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Stephen Knuth said...

SO MUCH FUN!!! I had a blast on the cruise & I cannot wait till next year in Alaska. :-) I love you sweetheart, great job with your talk and images

January 15, 2010 at 10:47 PM  
Anonymous Dawn McCarthy said...

I know y'all must have had a fabulous time! I was glad that Shain was able to join y'all. And that you got to spend more time with Kylie. I love her! Glad you enjoyed your trip and made it home safe. : )

January 15, 2010 at 10:52 PM  
Anonymous Katrina wheeler said...

Awesome wrap up! I am so jealous I couldn't make it! I hope I can next year!

January 16, 2010 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger Jaren said...

AHHHH!!! I totally relate to the freakin voice mail recording issue!!! Glad I'm not the only one who takes 550 before they get it right ;) How about a photog retreat in some sort of hunting lodge in the Middle of the Ozarks?!? Um, we could cruise around motor boats on the river?!? XO!

January 16, 2010 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger KB said...

Love it, Scar!!!! Thanks for sharing...can't wait until the next one and so proud of you with your workshop coming up- God is truly amazing! Love ya :)

January 17, 2010 at 8:37 PM  
Anonymous Jennifer Rodriguez-Cruz said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

January 19, 2010 at 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.