My heart is full of thanks.
Courage to accept my father's death and not be mad at the world or God because of it.
Courage to let go of a love I cared deeply for so that he could find his true love.
Courage to love again.
Courage to sign up for a marathon.
Courage to put a smile on my face when some days I'm a mess inside.
Courage to stand on stage for my first speaking engagement.
Courage to admit I don't know it all and embrace different ways of doing things.
Courage to trust God with my finances by tithing first.
Courage to simply get out of bed and face each day.
But I've found that the greatest courage of all is continuing to focus on the positive blessings I've been given and give thanks despite what the circumstances are swirling around us.
It's that time of year again when our bellies will become full of turkey and gravy and casseroles and pumpkin pie. My mom and I are heading to my grandparents new home in the panhandle of Florida to spend Thanksgiving with them.
As I wrapped up things in the office before the holidays, I was thinking about all that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving. Here's my list. What are you thankful for? Leave a comment and let me know!
Things I'm Thankful For:
1. That I get to go on a road trip with my best friend, my Momma, to spend time with my grandparents for the holiday.
2. That my dad is out of pain and dancing with Jesus this Thanksgiving.
3. My love who continues to inspire me to love God more each day.
4. My dog Rhett who continues to find some way to make me laugh everyday.
5. Being blessed with a job I LOVE and not being stuck in a cubicle.
6. The honor of getting to document that happiest day in a couple's family history.
7. Chocolate and it's magical power to fix any problem.
8. The grace God so lovingly extends me over and over.
9. The beauty of living a life debt free.
10. Pink. Yes, I'm thankful for a color and how happy it makes me when my eyes spot something pink.
11. The ocean and how big it is always reminding me how BIG God is.
12. The health to train for a marathon to help others.
13. The friendships that last throughout the years and the new friendships I continue to meet on this journey.
14. The most comfortable bed in the world.
15. Email and Facebook and video chat. How the simple things of technology can keep us all connected.
16. My camera that allows me to travel all over the world.
17. DVR and how it spoils me with the luxury of watching TV on my time.
18. My new pink snuggly slippers that keep my feet warm.
19. Bubble baths.
20. That even when I have no idea what the future holds, God always provides.
21. Cookies and brownies and the comfort they provide.
22. The creative outlet fashion is.
23. That I live in a place that is mostly warm all year round.
24. That I just got an awesome wedding published in Southern Weddings!
25. The world "fabulous." :-)
26. The contacts that allow me to see clearly.
27. That my skin has cleared up a LOT thanks to Skin ID.
28. My iPhone. How did I ever live without it?
29. New changes on the horizon... from what I here from a little bird giving me hints, January is going to be a memorable month. :-)
28. Every single one of you!
I leave you with this video that Dane Sanders played at his PartnerCon talk. Half the time I was like "What the heck is going on in this video?" but keep watching it, it will leave you going WOW. When the video finished, it all made sense and inspired me to keep having courage as I run toward my goals and jump off the cliff trusting God will help me fly!
Song is "Glósóli" by Sigur Ros. If you can't view, the direct link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwQmDvuORY0