..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: The rollercoaster ride.
BlogMenu

Jan 29, 2009

The rollercoaster ride.

Whew. Life has been such a rollercoaster this week.

First the launch of my video blog and the announcement of the workshop. Some highs and lows with that, but God is still good all the time, and all the time God is good. I'm excited to share that the Vegas workshop is almost booked up with only a few more spots left! We have people coming from all over like Australia, Japan and Germany! Soooo exciting! Just a reminder that the contest deadline is MONDAY for those wanting to enter! And in case you missed it, I did make an edit after some people asked if they could participate in the contest even if they weren't going to be in Vegas. The answer is YES, and if you win, while you will get the prizes from Pocket Wizard, Trendy Camera Straps and Camera Dojo, you would need to pay forward your spot to someone else in the workshop, since that was the original purpose of the contest.

Then last night, my heart broke a little as I realized I had to give back my sweet new little Maggie. Her original owner's situation worked out with their home and God provided a way for them to keep Maggie. So as much I hate to lose her and the cute bundle of joy she brought to Rhett and I's life this past week, it's more important to me to provide her back into the loving home she came from. I know how much my friend missed her, I can't even imagine if I had had to give up Rhett suddenly, but I am looking forward to being like an aunt to Maggie and still scheduling play dates for her and Rhett often.

Then even more personally, an update on my dad. There has been a lot going on behind the scenes that I haven't written about on here because unfortunately his time is coming closer to an end. Yesterday began the process of bringing Hospice into my parent's home for his final transition. Basically his tests are showing there isn't any improvement going on, and he is continuing to lose dramatic amounts of weight, so my parents and the doctors have decided to shop chemo and just let things ride out as God wills it to. Naturally, it's a hard thing to gulp transitioning into that phase where hope is dimming and knowing deep down the inevitable that is about to happen in a few months. But as my mom said on her blog recently, while the title of her blog is called "Johnny's Journey To Victory", and yes, we hoped that would mean victory in overcoming the cancer here on earth, instead we are at peace knowing that the true victory is found in Jesus and that He will be welcoming home my dad very soon in Heaven! As always, thank you to those who have been on this journey with us covering our family in prayer. We have truly felt God's presence and peace because of your prayers and how graciously my mom and I's blog communities have come together surrounding us in love. I talk more about this more in my upcoming video blog as a personal thank you from my heart to yours. :-)

So despite the rollercoaster ride this week has been and the trials I've had to endure, I have been meditating on this beautiful word of God:

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."
~James 1:2-3


May that bring hope to your day as well!

Labels:

26 Comments:

Blogger Kayla Barker said...

Scarlett, I'll be praying for you and your family. Your blog always makes me happy and I am so sad to hear what all you are going through. Hugs!

-Kayla

January 29, 2009 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Scarlett, I don't know you personally but as a fellow Believer and someone who has suffered the recent loss of my granny who was my 2nd mom, I can certainly empathize with the emotional impact such a loss carries. Spiritually, you know they're resting from their labor but Naturally, your heart is breaking because they're gone but they're no longer in pain. My prayers are with you and your parents that God will continue to cover you in His perfect peace, the kind of peace that surpasses all understanding which will guard your heart and mind through Christ Jesus!

Much Love I send your way. It's hard but remain encouraged sweet girl, God will make everything allright.

-Tracey

January 29, 2009 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger Lyndsay Almeida said...

scarlett, you are such an encouragement...even when your heart is hurting. i have a note next to james 1:2 in my bible that says "not joy In the trial, but joy in the RESULTS of the trial." continuing to lift you up every day. love you!

January 29, 2009 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

Daniel & I will be praying for you and your family..

January 29, 2009 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger CG said...

Hey Scarlett,

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. My dad had two brain tumor operations, and I understand the pain and fear. I will be praying that Jesus gives you, your mom and your dad special grace during the upcoming weeks and months. It looks like He already is. Also, I have been know to text and do other sundry dangerous things while driving...lol! Your video blog made me laugh....

January 29, 2009 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Charlotte Wedding Photographer - The Schultzes said...

Not really sure what to say - just letting you know I'm thinking about you during this time.

January 29, 2009 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Laura Lu said...

oh scarlett, i have been so burdened to be praying for your family this week...and now i know why. thank you for your continued encouragement of clinging to God during these times. know that i will continue to be praying for all of you. i pray that you will be blanketed with deep peace and comfort.

January 29, 2009 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger kristajean said...

Hi Scarlett,

I just felt the urge to write today and let you know that I am praying for you and your sweet mom and dad. I've been reading your mom's blog ever since you posted about it and her words of faith have touched me deeply.

I am sad to hear about your dad's health, but pray that God will give you all peace during this time.

Much love!
Kris

January 29, 2009 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Alyseia La'Belle said...

Scarlett,
Praying for you and your family. It's strange that many times when we pray for healing and we don't witness the healing here on earth, we assume that God didn't answer our prayers. But one thing that I realized through losing my own father was that God had finally answered our prayers and healed him more than He ever could here in this life. God is so gracious to have given us this gift of eternal life in which we can grasp onto a different kind of hope, the hope of being reunited again without the pain and sufferings we had to deal with before.

Your family is such an inspiration and my heart goes out to all of you. May God bless you all for holding onto His truth during this time and beyond.

Also, looking forward to seeing more on the workshop and video blog!! :)

January 29, 2009 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Caroline Ghetes said...

Scarlett, my heart truly goes out to you and your family. I cannot imagine what it must feel like, knowing that you will be losing your father. I don't know what I can say that will help, but I want you to know that I will set aside a special time today to pray for you, your dad, and your entire family. If there is anything I can do for you, I will be more than happy to help in any way that I can from here in Charlotte. God bless you.

January 29, 2009 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger Lana DenHarder said...

Scarlett...I am just writing to let you know that even those that don't know you personally are praying for you and your family.

January 29, 2009 at 1:41 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

You guys are so wonderful and never cease to amaze me. You truly lift me up and remind me of the goodness in this world. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your continued prayers.

Just me- Thanks for your sweet words too. But I do want to encourage you to not play with the phone anymore while you drive. It was a careless decision I made while I was driving in the video blog and what seems innocent in a moment is actually a dangerous thing. :-)

January 29, 2009 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger April Hollingsworth said...

I LOVE James 1:2!!!

January 29, 2009 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger Affairs With Elegance said...

You don't know me but I am one of your many faithful blog readers.
I've read several of your post regarding your dad's illness and I'm saddened by your latest update. I will keep you and your family in my prayers as you all go through this difficult time.

January 29, 2009 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger Rene Williams said...

Thanks to everyone taking the time to think of us and cover our family with thoughts and prayers. We appreciate every single one of you.

I especially appreciate the circle of love you form around Scarlett, to let her know she has a special family of friends, and many footprints in the sand around her as she walks through these moments.

January 29, 2009 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger {annie_loo} @ The Farrar Four said...

Scarlett! I'm praying for you girl! I know this is a tough time but we are all praying for you, your mom and your dad! And, I know you will miss that little Maggie, but at least she's back with her original mommy! You are in my prayers girl! Hold your head high! ;)

XOXO
Annie

January 29, 2009 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Erica Kree said...

Oh Scarlett..My heart aches for you and your Mom. Your family has been so courageous & inspirational through your Dads battle with cancer. I admire you both so much.
Mark & I both send our love & prayers to you, your Mom & your Dad.

January 29, 2009 at 6:02 PM  
Blogger Beautiful Moments Photography said...

Firstly, on the lighter side - the person from Germany wouldn't happen to be Daliah would it? If so then I've sent you Japan and Germany, LOL.

On another note. I am so dreadfully sorry to hear that your father is at the last stages of cancer. I am so sad thinking about it actually, (I know in a while I will be going through the same thing with my dad) my heart breaks for you, your mother and your beautiful father. I am so inspired by the gracious way you and your family have fought this fight, my thoughts are with you always :) Cath xx

January 30, 2009 at 1:06 AM  
Blogger cathy said...

Thinking of you and your family as your Dad prepares for hospice. My FIL died of cancer on June 27th. And I just have to say how wonderful the hospice helped us all.

Big hugs and support.

Cathy

January 30, 2009 at 2:59 AM  
Blogger Abigail Joy said...

Hey Scarlett, just wanted to add my thoughts and prayers to those already listed here...I love your work and blog and think you are totally awesome!!! May the Lord bless you with the strength you need to go through this difficult time.
-Abby, one of your many blog followers!

January 30, 2009 at 8:30 AM  
Blogger Marianella said...

Scarlett

You touched my heart with your words. Two years ago I had the same situation with my Mom. But I have to say that the Lord has been great to me and he will be with you. Jesus will equip you with the strength, peace, contentment, that you will need. I'm very proud of you. Don't forget that you are the precious child of the King of Kings. He will never leave you or forsake you.
I want to share with you the verse that kept me going.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

I have to say that the hospice people are angels that will help through the process. They are the best.

I will be praying for all of you.

God Bless

Marianella

January 30, 2009 at 8:52 AM  
Blogger Chelsea Patricia said...

My eyes have filled with tears for your hurt. I am SO sorry, Scarlett.

You are an inspiration and a testimony to the goodness of God--that our joy is not found in our circumstances but in knowing the HE is our Creator, Giver, Sustainer...He is always in control and loves us more than we could ever grasp.

I am praying for you!!!

January 30, 2009 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

You are all soooooooo wonderful! Thank you for being TRUE friends who pray my family's best. You mean so much to my heart!

January 30, 2009 at 8:26 PM  
Blogger b.mofoto said...

Sweetie...I'm so sorry! Thank you for sharing your heart. That's the most important thing you can do right now. I'm here if you need me. I'm praying you feel the love, grace and presence of our Father holding you and your family.
Much love...

January 31, 2009 at 1:18 AM  
Blogger WE'RE JUST PEOPLE. said...

I'm so sorry Scarlett. I hurt really badly for you. I'll be praying for you and your mom and for your dad's pain. -ashley

February 1, 2009 at 5:11 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing, Scarlett. In addition to myself, there are people at my office and my church who continue to pray for you and the family. I know that this has not been an easy time in your life, but God allows it all to happen for a reason and I know he has a plan for you.

Love,
Rachel

February 3, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.