..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Spring, eh, late summer, cleaning.
BlogMenu

Aug 4, 2008

Spring, eh, late summer, cleaning.

Ok, so I decided to give in and give the Twitter thing a shot. I just added it above in my blog intro, so now you cool cats can stay up to date with me in between blogs! Also, I guess the rules of the game are that you can follow other people, so I included my link if you want to add me as your friend to follow me.

As I put in my first Twitter, I am so excited that I got my closets cleaned out this weekend! As I've shown before, I have a loft upstairs in my condo that I had converted to half my closet, half my tiny-tiny-stuck-in-a-corner-behind-all-the-clothes-and-shoes-office because when I first moved in my place, it was before I had started my business and the desk space was just for personal use, not set up to run a glam business. Here's what it currently looks like to show you guys "The Before" of my upcoming extreme makeover.




Such a mess!


With the growth of my business, I have been feeling claustrophobic for some time now, so with the makeover of my new branding and blog, I decided it was time to give my office a makeover too! However, that means, tearing down my closet and moving alllllllllllll my clothes into the tiny closet downstairs in my bedroom to now convert the entire loft to my office and working space to give me space to breathe and for bringing Rachel on board with a desk too! Surprisingly enough though, my clothes fit in the closet downstairs, and it felt very cleansing getting rid of a lot of unnecessary stuff I had that I realized was wasting space with clothes and shoes I don't wear anymore, and boxes I kept around, just because. Just in general, I have felt like God is using this season in my life to let go of old baggage, personally, spiritually and emotionally, and make room for all the new blessings He is waiting to fill my life with! First though, you know how it goes, there is the tedious mundane task of cleaning out the old before He can bring in the new. However, once I got in the groove of doing it, I found it to be very theraputic. So if you haven't cleaned out your closets in a while, I encourage you to as well!!

My loft is a work in progress right now, but I hope to wrap it up very soon and show you guys "The After" shot following! And yes, you can believe it will be very very pink! :-)

Bye bye big walk in closet of my dreams.... Hello new beginnings, new changes, and new upcoming very fabulous things on the agenda for my business and all of YOU!

Once I wrap up getting my new office in order, I'll be ready to make the very exciting new big announcement! Thanks for your patience while I work through the things I NEED to do before I can do the things I WANT to do! Trust me, the announcement will be worth the wait!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Kylene said...

Wish my closet makeover was that fun. I threw my suitcase up on the top shelf today and the whole thing came CRASHING down! Clothes everywhere! So in the process of putting it all back together I threw out a lot of stuff. Definitely cleansing, but what a mess!

August 4, 2008 at 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just followed you on Twitter! I love your blog and you are a very inspiring photographer. It's funny I read this right now as I am taking a break from redesigning my bedroom. I needed a new change too! So, here's to new beginnings with a fresh coat of paint. :)

Bethany

August 4, 2008 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Man... I know your new office will be fabulous but what an amazing closet too! You should just buy a big house so you can have both! : )
hee hee...

August 4, 2008 at 6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scarlett -

can't wait to see the office make-over! how fun. i'm getting ready to move back up to GA in three weeks so I'll be doing the same!

have a great week!!

August 4, 2008 at 10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I hope my biz will grow one day too just like urs.

I can't wait for the announcement, I think you will be teaching workshops..!!!

Bebe -- :)
Nice being on ur blog again.

August 4, 2008 at 11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally you're on twitter! Check out the iphone app too. I clean out my closet about once a month. =) And I'm about to move into a house with a studioooo (because MI has a slow season with the weather) and and OFFICE! YAY! So I'm remodeling (in my brain right now) too. =)

August 5, 2008 at 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett! I love this blog! I took a look back at the tour of the loft and it's amazing! I saw the quote from the boutique in NYC and wanted to let you know I sell Uppercase Living! It's Vinyl Lettering that you can apply to any smooth surface! I think that quote would look amazing in your new office- and let me tell you, it would be much cheaper to do it in uppercase living than to paint it! Check it out at www.uppercaseliving.com; click on cust. corner- enter dem ID 405598; token: farrar to see all we can offer! you can view the whole catalog online and also design your own quote in the mydesign tool. If you have any questions I'd love to answer. a.farrar@hotmail.com!

Congrats in your new endeavors! you are a VERY TALENTED photographer!

Also, I follow your mom and dad's blog- my prayers are with them!

Blessings!
Annie

August 5, 2008 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger xoxoxo ~Lori said...

Ok Scarlett! I have seen all of your fabulous clothes on your blog! If you are cleaning house, send them to ME! I have been buying clothes for my four kiddos and neglecting myself! Something old to you would be fabulously new to me! :)

LOVE the closet!

August 5, 2008 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Just Dandy Blog said...

OKAY, SO since we are on the topic of "decorating and remodeling" I MUST share with you MY favorite way to decorate and it just SCREAM Scarlett!!!
I am a Demonstrator for a company called Uppercase Living...

It is soo FUN and a EASY way to express yourself, favorite quotes, scriptures, anything, in your decorating!!!

Go to http://www.uppercaseliving.com

Go to the customer login corner on the right hand side and enter my INFO for you to browse over the site, look at the catalogs, and play around with the my design...

Demonstrator ID: 925848
Token: Downing

I know you are a BUSY woman, BUT one of my girlfriends is going to be throwing a party soon too and you can even more what it is ALL ABOUT!!!!

IT is SOOO FUN.. check out the website and let me know what you think about it??!!??!

PS.. We have a BRIGHT BRIGHT PINK!! :)

August 5, 2008 at 4:02 PM  
Blogger Flaire Weddings and Events said...

Too funny. I just cleaned out my own closet this weekend, and you're right, it is so therapeutic! I was holding on to so much JUNK that just wasn't me anymore. Yay for makeovers!

August 5, 2008 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger Dani Rose said...

Can't wait to hear the news for photographers!!! I sure hope the "teaching" clue you slipped is coming true soon!! I'm still loving following your work!

Danielle

August 6, 2008 at 1:35 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

So funny the timing of everyone else's closet cleanings! It's sooooooo refreshing!

Tracy- Still saving for a house! But yes, ultimately I would LOVE that! :-)

Bebe- You are getting VERY warm about the hint!

Jackie- Yeah I need to look into the iPhone app. And wow, once a month? I wish I had time and motivation to do that!

Annie- Funny, small world, my bride Danielle also told me about the Uppercase Living. I just might have to look into that!!

Lori- LOL, unfortunately there was nothing worth passing on. Mostly old PJs, work out clothes, ratty used purses, old boxes of camera equipment that I don't know why I was keeping the boxes?

Danielle- Yep, it will be coming true!! Just a few more weeks before I release the big news!

August 6, 2008 at 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been "wanting" to renovate my home office with some paint and new accessories but have been putting it off for months. Thanks so much for the inspiration Scarlett! I found a great theme that I love (very french and very Breakfast at Tiffanys). Thank you for the motivation and I can't wait to see what you have done with your new office!!

August 11, 2008 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Gin- Oooooh sounds cute!!!

August 12, 2008 at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.