..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Welcome to my new blog!
BlogMenu

Sep 3, 2007

Welcome to my new blog!

"There is no such thing as failure if you put your heart into it. There are only experiences that end so that you can move on to new adventures."
~Melissa Larsen, Editor of Surfer Girl Magazine


Hello friends!!! I'm excited to FINALLY reveal my new blog to you with a lot of cool stuff that has been in the works.

Most of you know me from under the business name Captivating Studios. For those that have been following my journey and came from my old blog, you know that I originally started in the wedding industry as a videographer and then added on photography. Photography was actually always my first love, but I started with videography first because all my girlfriends getting married already had photographers, but not videographers, so in the beginning, video was something fun I did on the side for them. I never thought it would take off the way it did, and next thing I knew, brides were flying me all over the country to shoot wedding films for them. For providing both videography and photography, the "studios" name was a great fit at the time to describe both services, and "captivating" still remains a favorite word of mine for so many reasons.

With the end of the video chapter in my life, I felt like this new chapter beginning needed a new name to accurately reflect my personal artistry and style now exclusively as a photographer. And what better name than the name my parents chose for me, Scarlett Lillian.

My mom chose Scarlett after the independently strong heroine Scarlett O’Hara in the classic Southern movie, Gone With The Wind. And Lillian was chosen by my dad, who wanted to carry on the tradition of his grandmother’s name, whose legacy of greatness remains close to his heart. I feel so honored to be named after two amazing women.

So, with a new business name, comes new branding and the self-journey to discover, what do I look like on paper and on the web? In trying to decide who Scarlett Lillian was and what branding would reflect her best, I answered a complicated question with a simple answer. I looked around my home at what naturally reflected who Scarlett Lillian already is.

Here's a little tour of my world.





























Below is where I spend way too much time and is where I'm sitting as I type up this blog! :-)


And last but not least.... I have always been a fan of a what I call an eclectic Shabby Chic look. It's girly, romantic, stylish, vintage and modern all at the same time. So one of the first things I did when I moved in my condo two years ago was paint my dining room wall in pink stripes to copy a pink striped Shabby Chic pattern.

Everytime someone new walks in my place, the pink stipes on the wall are the first thing they notice and comment about. I love the boutique-y feel it gives to my place. Even when I was in NYC recently to shoot a wedding, I discovered a store in So Ho that was covered in pink stripes. I tried to take a few pictures of their decorations, but I think they thought I was paparazzi with my big camera and tried to kick me out. I forget in NYC, celebrities must shop there all the time. But walking in the shop and seeing the quote on the wall, it confirmed for me that I was going in the right direction with the makeover of my new branding.

Quote on the Wall: "The most courageous act is to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel


So here I am.

Scarlett Lillian.

Thinking aloud...

...through my camera.

Welcome to my photography "boutique" where I can showcase to you all the faces and places my camera takes me! Thanks for listening and your interest in my words and photos! Be sure to leave me a comment and let me know you were here and what you think of all the new branding! And if you haven't yet, check out my new website at scarlettlillian.com. Thanks to the amazing guys at Flosites for my hot new fabulous site! And to the gorgeous and oh so talented Amy Wenzel for my "diva-liscious" new photos of Rhett and I! (I took some hot new photos of her too, stay tuned!)

Labels:

26 Comments:

Blogger Stacy Cross said...

SCARLETT!!!!!! I loooooove it! :) Wahooo - I am so happy for you! Beautiful, awesome new blog, lady!

September 5, 2007 at 3:41 PM  
Blogger serena grace said...

your new blog looks awesome! i love it! you've got great style, girl!

September 7, 2007 at 3:58 AM  
Blogger Pete said...

AWESOME SCARLETT!!! This new blog looks incredible! I can't wait for the new website. You are very inspiring Scarlett. Thank You!

Pete

September 7, 2007 at 8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scarlett,
I love your new blog. I love how you decorated your place too!!! You look beautiful in your pics and I wish you all the best in the future.
Kelly Herrin

September 7, 2007 at 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh... your closet... wow!

September 7, 2007 at 9:06 AM  
Blogger WEDDEX said...

Congrats Scarlett! Loving the new look and your inspiration. You know who you are and what you stand for - amazing! Looking forward to the new website and to following you along your journey! Wishing much continued success -
Rebecca Grinnals | Engaging Concepts

September 7, 2007 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger Tessa said...

I am in love with your decorating! Every little detail is just too cute :)

And your new photos of you and Rhett at the top are HOT! Way to go! Love checking out your blog.

Blessings- Tessa

September 7, 2007 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Okay, first, I LOVE how you decorated your house! So awesome!

Second, your new blog totally ROCKS!!! I LOVE it! Gorgeous pics of you in the header! Love, love, love ALL of it. :)

Congrats!

September 7, 2007 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Cecile said...

Way to go Scarlett....Lovely site....will be stalking it often and much!
Hugs, Cecile

September 7, 2007 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Wow, so many wonderful comments overnight! Thank you SOOOOOOO much for all your feedback and sweet words!!! I love having each of you here!!

September 7, 2007 at 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm speechless! How just perfect is everything!?? And the pictures of you are just AMAZING!!!

My daughter just said that she wants us to redecorate our house to look like yours! I don't know how her father or brother will feel about that...

Everything looks just amazing! I am so excited for you! Congrats!

September 7, 2007 at 2:08 PM  
Blogger Kenzie Shores Photography said...

I friggin LOVE IT!!

September 7, 2007 at 2:57 PM  
Blogger Carla Jean said...

Scarlett, the pics and the design are SO YOU. It cracks me up how we've both changed so much in the... 13 years?!... since we met, but in some ways we are exactly the same people we were then.

I moved to a new apartment recently and need to take some pix myself, but a) my camera sucks and b) I'm not finished decorating! Gotta get some stuff framed, my walls are naked... Did get new bedding last week, though. :)

September 7, 2007 at 3:16 PM  
Blogger abcdef said...

Scarlett,

You did it girl! The new blog is incredible. I love the colors, the text, the photos etc. No wonder you and I hit it off, we have so much in common, espcically when it comes to decor. Looks like you found the perfect place for the parisian clock. You go girl! I'm off to check out your new website now.

September 7, 2007 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger Amy DeYoung said...

Scarlett!!! Seriously HAUT! YOU! PERFECT! I can't wait to see the new site :) Miss you girl! Will you be in LA?

September 7, 2007 at 10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new blog!!! CONGRATS! And those photos of you are amazing. You look stunning!!!!!!!

September 7, 2007 at 11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, of course, your work is just amazing!

September 7, 2007 at 11:54 PM  
Blogger Amy Martin said...

Scarrrr!!! I'm just checking all this out and I LOVE it :) Amy did an awesome job with your pics! Can't wait to see the new site too.

xoxo!

September 8, 2007 at 8:18 PM  
Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

Congrats! I know you must be thrilled!

September 9, 2007 at 7:26 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks everyone for all the new love!

Carla- I know, I guess I'm still the same "GirlyNPink" all these years later.

Crystal- Yay, I'm glad you got to see how perfect your clock looks in my place!! Thanks again sweetheart!!!

September 11, 2007 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

LOVE IT!

September 12, 2007 at 9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey scarlett!!

you are such an angel and absolutely talented. thanks for being the light in all the lives you've touched and mine! we'll see ya soon for our pics and i know they'll be fabolous with you behind the lens!

September 13, 2007 at 12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm mostly jealous of your dressing room. :P

September 13, 2007 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Hey A&J! Thanks for the love!! I can't wait to meet you guys soon!

Rebekah- Ha, yeah, I figure when I get married I won't have this much closet space, so I'm living it up while I can now! :-)

September 13, 2007 at 2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scarlett-
I wanted to see when you first started blogging on here and thats what brought me back to your first post! I'm excited to see your place because I love looking at interior design. I based my branding off of my own personal fav colors too and my space is decked out in red, black & cream! We practically have the same headboard- and I almost did the pink & white stripes in my bathroom but my parents trumped that one. =) Looks VERY cute. I can't wait to get into my condo!

March 31, 2008 at 2:12 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

LOL, that's awesome Jackie! Isn't it fun expressing creativity in other outlets as well?

April 1, 2008 at 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.