..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Countdown CONTEST!
BlogMenu

Aug 13, 2008

Countdown CONTEST!



Congratulations to Heather Thorne for winning the $10 iTunes gift certificate from this fun contest I held on the blog a few weeks ago! A lot of you submitted such great answers on who YOU would love to spend a day with, and I loved reading each and everyone of them, but I chose Heather because I just particularly adored her answer:

" I would want to meet the grandmother I never knew - she died very young (early 40s) of skin cancer and in the photos I have of her, she looks like a Hollywood movie star. One of my prized possessions is the vintage camera she left behind. The photo of me on my "about me" section on Web site has her camera in it. "

I too wish I could spend a day with my grandmother, my dad's mom, who also passed away at a young age so I never really knew her. And I also loved Heather's answer because of how she still showcases her grandmother's vintage camera, and is now pursuing her own love of photography these generations later. So cool!

Now it's time for another fun contest!! As part of the countdown for my BIG ANNOUNCEMENT on August 25 at 11am EST (MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!!), one of my awesome sponsors, Flosites, is giving away a FREE blog design!!! That's a $1000+ value! Woo hoo, your blog can finally get a makeover!! Or if you don't have a blog, here's your chance to start a stylish one! And if you already have a tres chic blog you love, you can still enter, win and pay forward your winning to another photographer of your choice!

So here's the contest rules:

1. Be creative!
2. Girls: Put on your most FABULOUS pair of high heels. Guys: Your hottest tie!
3. Make a sign that says "I Want to Spend a Day With Scarlett!"
4. Get your friend/spouse/kid/whoever to take a picture of you holding the sign in your most fabulous shoes or tie.
5. Email your JPEG submission to moi at scarlett@scarlettlillian.com.

My favorite 3 photos will be showcased on the blog on Monday, August 18 (because that's when the new season of The Hills starts and I'm sooooo ready to celebrate!). All the finalists will receive another fab prize for honorable mention from another one of my glamorous sponsors, Trendy Camera Straps! From there, your new blog is in the fate of my blog readers through a poll I'll host where people can vote on their favorite photo! And the grand prize winner will be announced on (another shameless plug) August 25 at 11am EST after the premiere of my new promo video with the big announcement!

Here's the deal though.... in order to give enough time for people to vote before the premiere day, the deadline for contest photo submission is THIS Sunday, August 17, at 6pm EST. So hurry and get me your photos, but most importantly, have a little fun and I can't wait to show off what you come up with!!!

And many thanks to my fabulous sponsors!


Labels:

24 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Ack! I wish Chris were better at taking pictures! This couldn't be better timing with the new pet photo business in the works... AND another chance to get a camera strap (the person who you mentioned at coffee the other night beat me out... booo). Now I just gotta pick a pair of shoes! : )
Ooooh... but Chris is the best artist I know. I'll get him to make me a fab sign! YAY!!
Can you tell I'm typing as I think? hee hee....

August 13, 2008 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger Heather Thorne Photography said...

Oh wow! Imagine my surprise to see my photo on YOUR blog this morning. :) Thank you so much Scarlett! That camera means so much to me. I appreciate your kind words and the way you constantly pay it forward to other photographers and so openly share your love for the Lord. I'm anxious to see what you have in store Aug. 25! You rock!

August 13, 2008 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger Momma to 3 Boys said...

Oh how fun! I love contests!!! Thanks again for sharing your talent with all of us!!!

August 13, 2008 at 10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay I already have a great idea. Thank God my hubs will do whatever I ask him to. Scarlett, be prepared to have your "Choos" knocked off. LOL. (BTW, thx 4 the comment ; )

August 13, 2008 at 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun idea! :) Can't wait to see the ideas that roll in!!

August 13, 2008 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Donadio Photography said...

Such a fun contest!!! I love a reason to wear cute shoes!!!

August 13, 2008 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger Charlotte Wedding Photographer - The Schultzes said...

Well, how fun is this?! I just might have to give it a try. :)

August 13, 2008 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Tracy- LOL, I'm going more the concept of the picture more than the good picture taking by hubby's. :-) And yeah, I was soooo bummed that you didn't win the other. Hopefully with this one!!

Heather- Congrats girl!!! Keep rockin' your grandma's camera! I love vintage!

Still Cross- My pleasure!

Caroline- Can't wait to see your Choos!

Anonymous- Me either!

Donadio- Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Cheyenne- You already have a rockin' blog, but it would be awesome for you to participate to give a blog to someone else! :-)

August 13, 2008 at 2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Heather. Your story touched my heart. I have an amazing grandfather whom I never met but have heard so many stories about. My dad has endless books and hymnals which belonged to him - he was a Baptist Music Minister and impacted many lives.

Enjoy your prize!

August 13, 2008 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

CHOOS CHOOS CHOOS! Woo hooo!
I can't wait this is going to be fun!
This could be a way to convince my hubby I do NEED those Christian Louboutins that i've been lusting after!

August 13, 2008 at 3:37 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

LOL
SATC quotes keep popping in my head
Hi this is Carrie, I'm not at home but my shoes are so leave them a message.
then my personal fav
"I like my money where I can see it hanging in my closet"
or the show where she worries she'll be the old lady homeless with all the shoes.
aww this is GREAT!

August 13, 2008 at 3:53 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Rachel- You're the best CC a girl could have!

Monica- LOL! Crack me up!!!!! I love those quotes!!

August 13, 2008 at 3:55 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

LOL, ok just kidding. :-) No worries, I'm sure you have another pair to rock the contest! Trust me, as much as I love Jimmy Choos too, I'm all about the cute cheap Target heels! :-)

August 13, 2008 at 4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hhaha caroline! hilarious. Im so stoked about the contest i shall participate as well! Caroline...i've seen your closet...designer galore!!! u wont have a problem..(choo's joke was funny)

scarlett, im so excited i can't stop sweating...ew. lol

August 13, 2008 at 4:53 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

LOLOLOLOL!

August 13, 2008 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger Jess Cumbie said...

I just called Tara! We are both going to do photos Friday AM!!! I've got to make a sign tomorrow... ugh!!!

I can finally get photos of ME in my rockin boots!!!!

August 13, 2008 at 6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scarlett!

I'm so going to do my best to come up with something. Things are a little crazy here at EP HQ with an amazing year of weddings & some interview questions that I'm answering for Pictage. Yikes!

Thanks for doing this & have a superfluous week - cheers!

David Esquire
Esquire Photography
www.esquirephotography.com

August 13, 2008 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

How fun!! Can personal friends enter the contest?

August 14, 2008 at 2:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am soooo excited to have an excuse to buy a new pair of shoes!! Scarlett, lately you have made me laugh, inspired me and given me a reason to buy a pair of shoes I have been lusting after. It doesn't get much better than that! I can't wait to enter, but I really can't wait to see the entries because you are not only fabulous but so are the people that stalk your blog. I am sure the entries will be fantastic!!

August 14, 2008 at 9:25 AM  
Blogger April Hollingsworth said...

Oooh! Fun. I've got my idea. Now all I need to come up with is time!!

August 14, 2008 at 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ladies I babysit are going crazy!! Wait til you see the sign they have in mind for me!! They love following your blog with me and are excited to help me create a sign. Hmmm.... maybe I should let the, take the picture too....could be interesting!!

August 14, 2008 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Jess- LOL, I hope the boots have heels! :-)

David- Awesome about your Pictage interview!

Cory- Sure!

Gin- Any excuse for retail therapy! Glad I could help!

April- ha!

Dani- Awwwww so stinkin' cute! Can't wait to see what your girls come up with!!

August 14, 2008 at 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! I wish I was staying until Monday so we could have a Hills party together! I'm always super cool and watching it by myself unlike all those people who call in to the aftershow.

August 14, 2008 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Jackie- Awwww boo!! We'll have to watch it virtually together! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

August 14, 2008 at 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.