..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: A blessed day.
BlogMenu

Aug 20, 2008

A blessed day.

"Live simply. Love generously.
Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God ."

One of the things I love most about God is how He is always the calm in the midst of a storm. Right now, a hurricane is heading toward Jacksonville. As it gets closer, the rain is pouring down so heavy that I just now in the late afternoon got to take my dog out for the first time to use the bathroom. The wind is so strong that the trees outside my balcony are dancing the tango back and forth. The grass and sidewalks are flooded and covered in debris. Businesses are closing down around town the next few days. And when I went to the grocery store earlier, all the water bottles were GONE! On top of that, I even had to cancel my fun river tubing trip to Ichetucknee Springs this weekend. So, meanwhile, our town waits on pins and needles to see what unfolds as God orchestrates the weather.

Yet, in the midst of the storm outside, I'm sitting here thinking about His goodness and how blessed I am as I strive to live in the center of His will where the calmness can always be found in our everyday lives. Not only am I so excited to share with you the big announcement on Monday (uh, unless the hurricane winds knock out my internet over the weekend!), but so many other great things have been happening big and small.

Something big, I got asked yesterday to be interviewed on one of my favorite photography podcasts! More info on that very soon!

Something small, I got the cutest stationary in the mail from the darling Justin and Mary Marantz! Justin and Mary are the kind of people who, just through email, you know are people with such sweet spirits. Then I got to meet them in March when the newlyweds made a surprise visit to the Love Affair Workshop I was at. I was excited to get my camera on them and to this day, this shot of them below is one of my all-time faves.





And here's a shot of the oh so cute stationary they got me.




On top of all of that, I've been giving my office and loft an extreme makeover the past few weeks, and I can't wait to show you how fabulous it has all come together when I put my finishing touches on it soon! It's just so great to be in a place in life where my eyes are open to so much good around me, and truly appreciating all God has blessed me with as I continue to seek His face each day.

Something else I would like to add. You all have been so incredible in surrounding my dad in prayer. Please continue to keep his health in prayer as he goes through the ups and downs of chemo, as well as financial burdens he and my mom are dealing with in the midst of it all.

But now I would like you to lift up some other people. The past few days, I've been getting some emails full of prayer requests, and because I believe in where two or more are gathered, I want to post those prayer requests here for you to pray for as well. My heart just breaks for Stephanie, Christian and Gavin with all they are going through, but I know through Jesus that our prayers for their healing will be heard!

From Carlye:
"Scarlett,
Hi. I keep up with your blog regularly and in doing so have learned what a Christ loving and faithful person you are. I am so happy that our prayers have been heard with regards to your dad and your family.

In my life I have learned that there can never be too many people, of all different faiths, praying for a good cause. I wanted to let you know about a blog-world friend of mine, Nie, who's family is having a very difficult time right now. You can go to http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com to see Nie's site and to http://blog.cjanerun.com for updates from her family.

Thank you so much for sharing your faith in our Savior in such a public setting. I continue to have a prayer in my heart for you and your family.

Have a wonderful day.

Carlye"




From Cheyenne:
Hi Scarlett,

You don't know me, however I feel like I know you so well. I have been a... err.... stalker of yours for quite some time. You inspire me more than you can ever realize. From your faith in God, to your amazing spirit, to your gorgeous photography skills. We are very similar, both LOVE pink, both are fully centered around our families and in the center of our family is God...

I prayed almost every day for your family, and still continue to do so. I would like to ask if you could please say up a prayer for my friends son Gavin. He is 5 months old and they just found melanoma on his liver and his lungs. He is going to have to undergo chemo for at least a year. This family needs a miracle, and I know they need God. I fully believe in the healing power of prayer.

I can't thank you enough for all that you have done for one crazy little girl who owns a camera. Thank you.

-Cheyenne

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett, you rock by keeping it REAL and giving the Glory to Him. It's so awesome to see such a beautiful person, inside and out, with such a talent (a gift from Him, no doubt) continue to give credit where credit is due, and as your brother in Christ I'll be along side you praying for your readers and friends (I like how you said No to Fans, Yes to Friends). Don't change a think girl.

In HIM,

JER

August 21, 2008 at 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett,

If you get blown out of Jacksonville come to Thomasville, GA. We can always make room for 2 more!!! That was we would get to spend a day with Scarlett Lillian!!!!!

Bonnie Morgan - b. mo foto's mom

August 21, 2008 at 5:04 PM  
Blogger Momdenn said...

Wow...I LUV this "note" u wrote!!! I'm going to steal that signature at the top if ya don't mind. ;-) It's sooo true...Jesus is the calm in our storm! I pray for your friends/readers and they will feel the love and peace of the Father surrounding them during these trivial times. Btw, I can't wait to hear the BIG news on MONDAY...wow! Didn't know it was so close...yea! :-) <3 Heather

August 22, 2008 at 12:45 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Jeremy- Thanks for the support and embracing the words of my heart for the Lord!

Bonnie- LOL, I didn't get blown away but thanks for the offer!

Heather- Glad I could share the quote with you!

August 25, 2008 at 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.