..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: The beauty of slowing down....
BlogMenu

Mar 1, 2008

The beauty of slowing down....


The breathtaking view from our window each night.



It has been nice to sneak away for a week and just...

...breathe.

In the new year, my life has been so on the go lately jumping from one country to the next, one wedding to the next, one session to the next, one email to the next, one blog entry to the next, that I forgot what slowing down felt like and how important it is for the soul. I was still in a hurry Monday on my drive up to North Carolina trying to make it to the ferry on time, but then I was finally forced to slow down when I got pulled over with a speeding ticket. As mad as I was, I tried to look at the bigger picture and how God was telling me that it wasn't just my driving speed that needed to slow down, it was my LIFE that needed to slow down.

Bald Head Island was the perfect place to do that. With no cars allowed on the island, no street lights at night, just the sound of the waves crashing and the crickets singing, I've been reminded what life has been like before technology and when things were simple. Not only have the Love Affair girls been teaching a lot of great photography tips and tricks, they have been stressing the importance of this exact balance needed in our lives as photographers that we can often neglect.

Yet, I'm cheating and getting on the internet to blog right now, I know. With the end of the workshop coming to a close tomorrow, we had some down time and I was itching to show you guys some of my favorite images from the week.

With each photoshoot, they have been pushing us beyond how we normally look at things to relook at things differently than we are comfortable with. After each photoshoot, our images were submitted for an anonymous critique and then a winning image was selected. I'm excited to share that the first day, my image was the winning image! They gave us a list of challenging things to capture, and this was my attempt at "showing emotion without faces." Not only did this couple love to cook together, I loved the story this image told of how opposites attract.



Yesterday, we had some beautiful newlywed couples who pulled out their wedding dresses and suits again to strut for us. Here are my favorites from the day!



I adored the groom's hot pink tie. My future groom is so wearing that!


This couple were both dancers, so I had to incorporate that into an image!


This was my favorite couple of the day, Justin and Mary! They are fellow photographers and we met real briefly at Partnercon last May, and through the world of blogs, we have been emailing and stalking each other's blog since then. I didn't know they were flying down from Connecticut to model for us, so when I heard they were going to be here, I got so excited to see them again and get the chance to shoot them. They are the sweetest couple ever! Their wedding photographer was the rockstar photog David Jay, and his second shooter the equally rockstar photog, The Becker, so it was great to recreate Justin and Mary's special day for the purpose of this shoot and get my own hot photos of them as well. They were such troopers too when we snuck away and I dragged them in the swampy marsh land.


















I totally adored the contrast here of the flip flops with the classic old fashioned veil netting.


Here's a close up of the veil.










I love the light surrounding this couple.








Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger The Runyans said...

gorgeous......gorgeous.......

can i get married all over and you photograph it? i think i've asked you that before!

February 29, 2008 at 10:11 PM  
Blogger Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Killer shots, Scar!! :-D Love the sunglasses picture and the salt & pepper one :-D

March 1, 2008 at 5:12 AM  
Blogger Amy Clifton said...

Ooh-I'm so glad you cheated and posted some images for us! Gorgeous stuff, as always. Looks like a great workshop!

March 1, 2008 at 12:34 PM  
Blogger Kenzie Shores Photography said...

great stuff! I wish I could have made it out there, sounds so great right now! ;)
kz

March 1, 2008 at 6:13 PM  
Blogger Jess Cumbie said...

Dude!!!! while less glamorous, my life has been crazy the past month or so... I completely know what you mean about slowing down. Everyone needs a break now and then or just to relax and breath... Fortunately, I get to do that next week, well sort of I didn't book any "work" during the week but I have to get all my deposit info together for the CPA so I actually don't know which is worse, but I'll get to be still and make phone calls and shuffle through paper. The images are beautiful, I love what you are getting from the seminar!! Bring your tooshie back to Jax and chill out so we can finally get that girls night! I'd like to meet Corina and Darice too! :)

March 2, 2008 at 7:11 AM  
Blogger Cassie Scaldaferri said...

Hello Scarlett! Wow, you really captured some great photos! You are so talented and I love your website...I'll probably turn into one of your blog stalkers. Despite the freezing cold, this was so much fun. I would never have the nerve to wear a birdcage veil for my real wedding, but it was great to let go and be daring. It made for some cool images. Let me know if there is a way to get any copies of the photos that you took. Thanks!

March 3, 2008 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger shadesofgreykevyn.blogspot.com said...

Hey Scarlett-

It was great meeting you in NC. Thanks for the pointers and inspiration. Keep up the awesome pics!

Kevyn

March 3, 2008 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger The Runyans said...

i know you've slowed down....but speed up and post some more...

i'm ready for my scarlett fix...

March 3, 2008 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Jessica- Ha! Well it's never too late to take post-wedding photos!

Cory- Thanks!

Amy C- Thanks! Yeah, it was a great workshop!

Kenzie- I know, you would have loved it!

Jess- Yeah, I realized how important it is to schedule that down time for yourself. I was truly reaching that point of burn out, so it came at a good time for me. Let's definitely try to plan a girly photog night sometime soon!

Cassie- Thanks for modeling for us especially in the freezing cold! I'm so glad you wore the veil! I wish I had more time to shoot you and your man in the midst of all the crazy shooting. I'll be posting the high resolution photos on loveaffairworkshop.blogspot.com. I believe someone will be sending you the invite to sign up for that blog because they set it as a private blog. If you didn't get it, email me at scarlett@scarlettlillian.com for the invite.

Kevyn- It was so great to meet you too! Please keep in touch!!

Jessica- LOL, I'm trying to play catch up now! More soon!

March 3, 2008 at 2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BREATHTAKING!!!!!!!!ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING!!!! THE COLOR, THE PEOPLE, THE....EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

Rachel

March 3, 2008 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

:-)

March 3, 2008 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger Kara Pennington Photography said...

Awesome shots, Scarlett! Looks like you had an amazing time :)

March 3, 2008 at 4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the salt and pepper shot - so clever! And the bride and groom in the marsh grass - love them! :)

March 4, 2008 at 10:06 PM  
Blogger xoxoxo ~Lori said...

Yeah! Glad to see you posted some pics! Also glad you had some "down-time." I could use it myself! I will be attending Audrey Woulard's workshop next weekend, so I will get a little then!

Keep posting, we love it!

March 5, 2008 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Glad to see you are taking a breather, sorry about the ticket! What a place to slow down as well. Not just breathtaking shots, but a new look on things! I am so glad you were able to make this, I really wanted Cat to go to this but it just didnt work out.

March 5, 2008 at 1:58 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Kara- I did! :-)

Jill- Thanks girl! It was funny, some girls wanted to put her in a tree, and I was like, eh, already did that in Savannah with you girls!

Lori- So awesome that you are able to make it to a workshop! Hope you get a lot out of it!

Mike- Bummer that Catherine couldn't make it!

March 5, 2008 at 2:40 PM  
Blogger Kylene said...

I know a few other people have said it, but I LOVE the salt and pepper shot!

I got a speeding ticket last weekend heading home from my grandfather's funeral, of all things. Grrrr I've never gotten out of one!

March 5, 2008 at 11:14 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Kylene- Ah, boo, that sucks. Did you try to tell the cop that? Mean cops.

March 6, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.