..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Congratulations Amy & Howard!
BlogMenu

Apr 24, 2008

Congratulations Amy & Howard!

I have never seen a more romantic first dance than Amy and Howard's first dance in the rain.

It was such a beautiful analogy of their life and how I have seen Amy continue to praise God in the storms of her life from the time I first met her when shooting her sister Angie's wedding. After having lost her first husband and father of her little girls in a plane accident two years ago, God orchestrated another accident, Amy twisting her ankle, to take her into Howard's doctor's office where they would meet. They fell head over heels for each other quickly, and I was thrilled to be asked to document their special wedding day. I was truly celebrating from behind my camera of God's faithfulness in bringing Amy a new love and new father for her girls. After her engagement session, she left a comment on my blog that has truly stuck with me ever since:


"I have learned that when pain carves a deep place in your heart, God's love can run deeper. 
I marvel everyday at how Howard is the puzzle piece that fits my past with my future. "


I have especially come to appreciate that quote now having met the love of my life too, and what a beautiful testimony Amy's life leaves in the lives of others.

At the wedding, it was exciting too to meet Angie's new little girl, Anna. Having been with Angie and her husband Adam from the beginning of their love on their wedding day, it so sweet to now take pictures of the little bundle of love in her cute pink frilly dress.

So many great photos from the day, here are my faves and the slideshow below! They had a beautiful wedding at the Prince of Peace Catholic Church in St. Augustine and the reception following at the gorgeous Casa Monica Hotel. Thanks too to Terri Bennett of Destination Planning for helping the show to run smoothly!



I thought this was a sweet shot of Amy's Monique Lhuillier dress next to Howard's high school photo.


Gorgeous Stuart Weitzman shoes!




Amy's daughter, Gabby, helped dress her mom for her big day.














I thought this was the cutest picture ever of Amy's neices! I love how cute they are in the midst of the chaos in getting Amy ready to walk down the aisle.


This is the second cutest picture ever!


Having lost her father along with her first husband in the same accident, Amy's brother, Ryan, walked her down the aisle.




This is Angie's sweet little girl on her daddy's lap!




I love how vibrant this cross is in downtown St. Augustine!


Such juicy colors! Fun fact, all her flowers were organic and included some fresh herbs too.












Despite how shy Howard was in front of the camera, they still pulled off the supermodel look!


I love how their love just pours out of them like teenagers all over again!






The best first dance ever! And yes, I was soaking wet with them capturing these shots in the downpour! The things you do for a killer shot!


Amy's other daughter, Gentry!






They are so cute the way they are always in their own little world.


Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Koluch said...

Love, love, LOVE the shots you took in the rain for their first dance!

April 24, 2008 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Haley Lamb said...

what an amazing testimony :)

April 24, 2008 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger The Locket said...

Whoaaa!! Rockin' shots of the first dance. Can you go out in the rain with your 5d like that without damage or were you under an umbrella? What an awesome couple to work with!

April 24, 2008 at 9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love all your photos.!!! Great work.

Bebe

April 24, 2008 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Jamie- Thanks! It was fun!

Haley- I know, she truly does have a beautiful testimony!

The Locket- ha, I have no idea if it is good for the 5D or not, but it didn't seem to cause any damage. I was definitely in the rain not under something. I do have a rain jacket for my camera, but I didn't have time to grab it b/c they were originally going to dance inside, and I had to scrambled to catch them changing their mind to dance in the rain!

Bebe- Thanks!

April 24, 2008 at 3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sense a 2008 WPJA award in your future! Great work! Awesome couple. Outstanding wedding.

April 25, 2008 at 10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scarlett - Long time no see! Hope you are doing well - it sounds like things are going great. I am lovin' your black and whites! I really like the one of them kissing on the street. :)

April 25, 2008 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Haha--the infamous pink wall ::wink-wink::

The pix turned out great! :) Sorry I missed you at this fun wedding.. yeah, my friends and I were soaked too on that night.. looks like you were busy and had lots of fun!! :)

April 25, 2008 at 11:42 PM  
Blogger SJB Weddings & Events said...

Scarlett! OMG! What beautiful shots! The shot dresses and shoes shot of the girls is my absolute favorite. Gorgeous, gorgeous!

April 26, 2008 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger Rachel Brooke said...

I remember their engagement session...such a beautiful couple madly in love. The rain shots..WOW, you are lucky to have captured these! I think her dress is absolutely amazing!

April 27, 2008 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger ~abi~ said...

that shoe shot is extra-fabulous! :)

April 28, 2008 at 1:48 AM  
Blogger Lifeprints said...

I love this family! I was so touched when I first saw their engagement/family shoot and love how they found each other. Amy's quote about Howard being the puzzle piece... wow!

April 28, 2008 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Jennifer Grigg- Ooooh, good idea. I need to look into WPJA!

Jill- Awesome to hear from you! I miss you! We need to hang and shoot together again sometime!

Cory- LOL, yep, that was your pink wall!

Rachel Brooke- I know, her dress rocked, I'm still in shock she got it soaked in the rain!

Lifeprints- I know, amazing quote huh? So precious!

May 1, 2008 at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.