..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Amy & Howard are engaged!
BlogMenu

Mar 8, 2008

Amy & Howard are engaged!

Some of you might remember this touching story from back in my video days. If you are newer to my blog, grab some tissues and take a moment to view the video on my old blog.

I was thrilled to get an email a few months ago from the mom, Amy, announcing that she had met Howard and then asking me to now be her photographer at her upcoming wedding! Having known this family since the days of their sad loss, it was so awesome to hear the good news and see how God fulfilled His love in the blessing of a new love for Amy and a new father for her sweet little girls, Gabby and Gentry.

I'm also excited to see at the wedding my former bride, Angie, Amy's sister, who now has a sweet little 1-year-old baby! I can't believe it! Some days it still feels like yesterday that I filmed Angie and Adam's wedding! Amy and Howard's wedding will be a beautiful reunion with everyone!

Here are some of my favorite photos and the slideshow from Amy and Howard's engagement session! They love to collect seaglass out at Hannah Park, so we had a fun day at the beach getting our toes sandy and playing in the water for the photos!


































Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Scarlett,
I don't know if I cried more watching the video on your old blog, or of the slideshow of Amy & Howard's engagement session. It's so obvious the love this new family has for one another, and a beautiful sentiment of how life -- somehow -- always goes on.
Thanks for sharing!

March 8, 2008 at 4:17 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Hi Scarlett,
These photos are beautiful. I love all the bright colors! And you're right, I think I was crying in the first scene of the video. Such a gift you gave them all!

March 8, 2008 at 5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! What a great family!

March 8, 2008 at 6:53 PM  
Blogger Rene Williams said...

Be still my heart! True love is alive and well. God is so good. His amazing grace never ceases to amaze me. It makes me so happy to see good things happen to good people. What a gift for all of them

March 8, 2008 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger Amy Gudal said...

Scarlett,

When I met you almost 2 years ago at my little sister's wedding my life had been turned upside down by the loss of my husband and father and years of exhaustion from living with the early stages of autism. Now we meet again and, this time, my life has been turned right side up with the goodness of God's beauty and grace. I have learned that when pain carves a deep place in your heart, God's love can run deeper. I marvel everyday at how Howard is the puzzle piece that fits my past with my future. God's person and timing for me were greater than I could have ever imagined. The neat thing is that Howard feels completely the same. We are each other's answered prayers.
I know we have a story of HOPE to share and I am so thankful you have the gift to capture it. You are such a joy to work with. Amy

March 9, 2008 at 7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett,

These pictures are so amazing! I am so grateful my family met you a few years ago at my wedding. You have captured so well the emotional moments in our lives. Through all our loss and sadness, we are so happy for Amy and the girls to have Howard. They make such a beautiful family!! We look forward to seeing you at the wedding.
Angie

March 9, 2008 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger April Hollingsworth said...

Scarlett-Lillian!!!! Your photos are awesome, but my goodness, that video...I'm balling right now. I don't know if I felt the emotion because I have a one year old who is starting to notice Daddy more or what. If all your videos are half that good....WOW!!!

March 9, 2008 at 10:19 PM  
Blogger Kenzie Shores Photography said...

talk about a good cry :) thank you for sharing this.
kz

March 9, 2008 at 11:41 PM  
Blogger colby marie said...

LOVE these images and the story makes them even more special... i have to know where she got her yellow shirt and necklace! please ask her!
thanks!
colby

March 10, 2008 at 12:21 AM  
Blogger Lifeprints said...

You are amazing! This family has been so blessed to have you in their life to document their past memories and the new ones in the making. God placed you in their path and he definitely chose the perfect person to provide them with such phenomenal portraits and friendship. Thank you for sharing this special story with us... one that is so inspiring and full of love. Keep up the fabulous work! =) Shandon

March 10, 2008 at 9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful example of God's love. I really needed to see this today. I know they are truly blessed by God's love.

March 10, 2008 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger Rachel Brooke said...

I haven't watched the video yet because apparently waterworks will follow....but from the session alone i can feel the love of this couple. You did a job well done just from capturing the magic with such beautiful colors and lighting!

March 10, 2008 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger Danielle Bryan Photography said...

Wow. I had goose bumps not to mention wet paperwork!! I love your video work! Its nice to see what got you to this place!! Wonderful work, your amazing!!!
Danielle.

March 11, 2008 at 2:08 AM  
Blogger Katie Beverley said...

These are beautiful Scarlett!!! Beautiful colors and wonderful emotion. Wonderful job!

March 11, 2008 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Reading this post, seeing these fabulous pictures, and watching the precious video, further solidify the fact that there is no other wedding photographer for us but you! Your work is amazing, but your heart is even more beautiful. Joe & I are so excited to have you capture all the moments of our special day.
Amy

March 11, 2008 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

What beautiful comments from everyone! Amy truly has a story of hope, and it's so awesome to be a part of their story and share it with you all. Thanks for all your wonderful compliments everyone! :-)

March 11, 2008 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger Amy Martin said...

So awesome!!! (the images and the story). Love.

March 11, 2008 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Colby- Amy said she got her shirt in Indiana somewhere and her necklace was actually a belt she tied around her neck and used as a necklace. It was made by a custom jewelry maker friend. Sorry that I can't pin point you to a specific store! I actually just bought a similiar bright yellow shirt at bebe's. You might want to check there!

March 13, 2008 at 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.