..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: What happened in Vegas....
BlogMenu

Mar 22, 2008

What happened in Vegas....

My view from the plane flying into Vegas. Living in flat Florida, I am always fascinated by mountains, and I thought these snow capped ones were cool!



Whew...

I'm home.

What a whirlwind WPPI in Las Vegas was. But wow, so much fun! It was my first year attending the tradeshow and it was definitely information overload, but I loved getting the chance to explore new products to offer my brides and grooms. My favorite product that I fell in love with was Fin-A-O albums and I look forward to offering them to you soon! (Even better, I love what Fin-A-O stands for: "Failure Is Not An Option"). They were very edgy and out of the box like I am and a perfect fit to showcase best my style of photography for your wedding day!

It was also fun seeing and meeting old and new photographer friends! My favorite part of WPPI was meeting YOU, my blog readers! It was very surreal to me. For so long, I have been a blog stalker of so many, and in the past, I was the one going up to my favorite photographers to meet them. But this week at WPPI was the first time that I was on the other side, and had so many of you coming up to me introducing yourselves at the tradeshow and parties. I know that takes courage, so thank you so much for saying hello! I truly enjoyed meeting you and putting a real face with an avatar and your sweet comments you always leave me. You're the best and thank you for being a friend here on the blog!

The last night I was there, I shot a very very hot high-fashion photoshoot for Ross Tanner and his new bride, Leysa. Ross with Flosites designed my website, and he and his wife are newlyweds, so they brought their wedding outfits to have me take some extra wedding photos of them. We cruised all over Vegas playing with the bright lights and experimenting for my first time with video light as a cool fill light instead of the harshness of flash. I'll be posting those pictures soon, so stay tuned! I so can't wait to show you. I have a wedding to shoot this weekend, but will post Ross and Leysa's pics next week. So for now, here are a ton of party photos with all my photographer friends from my point and shoot camera! Fun times, and I miss you guys already!


The hotel where we stayed and where WPPI was.


The rock star So Cal photographer, Greg Bumatay.


The super energetic Bobbi of bobbi+mike. She's my editing twin the way we are both obsessed with popping color!


A picture from the revolving door going out of Bally's the Flosites party. I was trying to squeeze in Heather Cole,, my roomies Cheyenne and Lauren, and Bobbi!


Jesse, founder of the fabulous Photographik.org.


Superstar photographer Katie Thurmes.


Superstar Katie's sister, Jenna Walker. Jenna was one of those people I feel like I've known forever through our emails, but this was the first time we met.


Stealing a kiss from the best cinematographer I know, Joshua Smith. I have no idea who the guy is behind us.


Finally getting to meet Ross Tanner of Flosites.com, who designed my website. Stay tuned for the hot pics I shot of him and his new bride!


New Orleans rock star, Mark Eric. Whoops, the pic is kind of blurry, I think whoever took the photo had one too many drinks. wink wink


Moi and my roomies, Lauren Wright and Cheyenne Schultz.


Getting to meet the beautiful Dawn Davis and her hubby Bob Davis of LaStoria Foto.


My buddy Jason Groupp. Back in my video days, I used to shoot a few weddings with him in NYC. He's one of my original teachers of photography who I am forever grateful to for his mentorship!


Sweetheart Erin Reed of LaCour Photography.


Hanging with Fred Egan, and again my roomie Lauren.


Cutie pie Crystal Goss.


The gorgeous Jasmine Star. We were matching in green for St. Patty's Day.


A reunion with the fabulous Amy Martin and Carlos Andres. We all had fun shooting together with Jason Groupp in NYC last year for my last video wedding.


I was thrilled to meet the sweet Jen Harris. She's been a loyal blog reader and we've connected through email over time. It was so great to meet for the first time and get to know her better over dinner!


Hottie Mary Marantz of the even hotter duo, Justin and Mary. I just shot Mary and Justin at the Love Affair Workshop, so it was fun to hook up again at the Photo Lovecat Party.


The Southern brunettes, moi, Mary Beth Tyson, and Amy Martin again.


Goofing off with Jillian Kay and Anne Ruthmann.


Fellow diva, Carmen Salazar.


Pete Redel and I met randomly one night at 2 a.m. in Paris.
Ok, so it was technically the Paris Hotel there in Vegas, but still. The next few days, he and I soon became fast friends.


I couldn't leave Vegas without taking a photo of a million dollars. One day I'll have this in my bank!



EDIT:

I totally forgot to include these crazy photobooth photos from Sara France's party. The first one is with my girls Jenna Walker and Katie Thurmes and their friend, and the second is with my roomies Lauren Wright and Cheyenne Schultz!





Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad we got to have dinner and spend so much time together! I simply adore you and my family is definitely making a trip to Florida soon! Have a great Easter weekend!
XOXO

March 22, 2008 at 1:33 AM  
Blogger Hybrid Photography said...

Those are so fun! I could kick myself for not taking a picture with you, but it was good to meet you all the same! :)

Alyssa

March 22, 2008 at 3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scarlett, it was great to meet you :) It was fun chatting over Sbarro too! Take care!

March 24, 2008 at 2:37 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Jen- LOL, yes, definitely come to Florida! Hope to see you again soon, you're a doll!

Alyssa- Oh darn, that's right, we should have gotten one! Next year for sure! It was great to meet you Alyssa!

Melissa- You too girly! Dinner was fun and I enjoyed getting to know you better! Keep in touch!

March 24, 2008 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Amy Martin said...

Ok, so we can still be friends if you take down those horrid pics of me. Otherwise, it's over. ;)

March 24, 2008 at 1:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It was amazing to finally meet you in person! Woohooo!

March 24, 2008 at 3:19 PM  
Blogger jason groupp said...

Scarlett - so nice seeing you in VEGAS! You've done such amazing things in your life and in your business in such a short time. It is a treat to watch. Till next time!

March 24, 2008 at 6:53 PM  
Blogger Kylene said...

I can't express my jealousy...not only did you get to GO to Vegas but you got to meet so many fun people! (including Ross haha!) Maybe next year I can pal around with you, but this year I could only afford Imaging USA. :) Can't wait for some pics!

March 24, 2008 at 10:07 PM  
Blogger WE'RE JUST PEOPLE. said...

I'm so happy you got to go this year. We really missed going. Next year we'll both have to go and hang out.

March 24, 2008 at 10:44 PM  
Blogger Bobbi said...

:) you're awesome.

SOOOOO glad to FINALLY meet you!!!!!!

LOVE!!!!

~Bobbi

March 24, 2008 at 11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take me to Vegas, baby!

March 25, 2008 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Amy- Ha, you're too hard on yourself!

Bumatay- You too!

Jason- You too! You're the best!

Kylene and Ashley- Next year for sure!

Bobbi- Ditto!

Rachel- :-)

March 25, 2008 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

it was SO awesome seeing you again...i wish we had more time to hang out, but--dang--you were one BUSY girl!!! so many parties...did you ever sleep?! ;)
xoxo...

March 25, 2008 at 11:37 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Jasmine- It was so awesome to see you too! I definitely hope we can hang more another time! You're so beautiful from the inside out! :-)

March 26, 2008 at 2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this post rocks! it was so great to see you! a fabulous reunion, but of course! The edit team was passing around those shirts "what happens in vegas gets edited out." apparently not true, judging from our photo booth appearance. so fun!

March 26, 2008 at 11:33 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Awww Katie I miss you already! You were so funny at the parties, definitely having a GREAT time! You crack me up!

March 27, 2008 at 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.