..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: What goes around...
BlogMenu

Mar 13, 2008

What goes around...

I was just sitting here thinking how some events have played out in my life the past few years, and how it's funny how God works in round-a-bout ways.

The initial thought stemmed from telling my mom at dinner at how yesterday was the non-anniversary of my non-wedding to an ex. In a nutshell, I had met him on March 11, 2005, and in within months, we were so crazy in love that we were planning a wedding for our one-year anniversary of knowing each other on March 11, 2006. We were never officially engaged, but when he took me ring shopping, the girl in me started exploring everything wedding related. Up until that point, I was never one of these girls who dreamed of their dream wedding their whole life. But as I began my research, I became fascinated with discovering all these cool photographers and videographers out there. I even got so inspired as to make my ex a cheezy lovey dovey video to Keith Urban's "Better Half". That summer though, I realized, he wasn't actually my better half, and things eventually dissolved and we went our separate ways. But I was left still fascinated by the wedding industry and all the creative media it held with in.

Later that year, I entered the phase where my girlfriends all started getting married, and because they already had photographers, I thought it would be fun to film their weddings and start getting paid for making cheezy lovey dovey movies of other couples. But after a year of pursuing videography, I continued to be even more fascinated with the photographers I was meeting along the way and realized, my heart and true passion actually belonged in photography, not videography.

So here I am today, March 2008, a photographer, who shoots other people's weddings. Sure, back then, it wasn't my time to get married yet, but it took planting that desire in my heart to open my eyes up to a world of new career possibilities. And though I haven't met yet the man of my dreams, it is exciting to be living each day in the career of my dreams. Ironically enough, I found out (through theknot.com where you can look up grooms names... eh, ex-boyfriend's names), that a year and a half after we broke up, he was already married to someone else. So as hard as that break up was at the time, it was nice to know that I did the right thing in letting him go because he was able to go on to find the true girl God had been preparing for him. And because he let me go, I was able to maximize the creative gifts God had already given me and was anxiously waiting to bring to fruition in a season of singleness.

There are a lot of things currently swirling around me that I'm trying to understand God's purpose in it, so all of the above was a random reflection that I thought I would share. I've learned to become so thankful for the moments when He gives us glimpses into understanding finally why we had to go through things that we didn't understand at the time. As Amy, the bride in my last engagement session, said so wisely, "I have learned that when pain carves a deep place in your heart, God's love can run deeper." That quote has really stuck to me all week.

If there's something you too are struggling with, cling to the truth that God is still writing your life story. Right now is only a transitional chapter.

Good things are waiting for you. Expect them.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this story. You write beautifully. :)

March 13, 2008 at 12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN. :)

March 13, 2008 at 12:35 AM  
Blogger The Runyans said...

god is good all the time. i could go on to tell you how his timing is perfect in so many circumstances in my life. we tried to get pregnant for 3 years....i won't tell you everything, but god new when it was right for us to get pregnant!!
god knows where and when your guy is going to come into your life!!

March 13, 2008 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger Jessica C. Moritz said...

Ah Scarlett, that was beautiful! You have a way of writing things from the bottom of your heart.. who knows where this is going to take you next ;-)
Love,
Jess

March 13, 2008 at 8:39 AM  
Blogger Carla Jean said...

Would you believe I've never thought to look up exes on The Knot? Although I am now...

A guy I dated in the summer of 2006 started dating this other girl around January 2007, and by the time he added me on facebook in December 2007, he was already married. :) Weird.

March 13, 2008 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks Michelle! Yeah, I guess I'm also a writer at heart too.

Jen- :-) Can't wait to meet you next week!

Jessica- That always been a favorite quote of mine... "God is good all the time and all the time God is good!" :-) Awesome to hear of His perfect timing for your pregnancy!!

Jessica Moritz- Well, funny enough, I am in the process of writing a book. So blog entries like this help to keep the writing juices flowing!

Carla- Ha! Yeah, theknot.com is an awesome ex-stalking too. :-) Too funny about your one ex. And, well, I guess we know our one shared ex isn't on there yet. ha!

March 13, 2008 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Heather Thorne Photography said...

so inspirational! My husband and I were just discussing this (about how one door closes, another opens) just last night and about how we met 6 years ago. Can't wait for the book!

March 13, 2008 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger Lifeprints said...

Hi Scarlett,

I have to tell you how much I look forward to reading your blog each day. It's so refreshing to see others be so open about their spirituality, not caring if it will offend someone who doesn't feel the same. I've seen that in you and several other photogs in CA and I'm just thrilled! As a Christian entering this industry, it's so very comforting to know that those who I consider mentors love the same God I do and appreciate all He has done and will do for us. So, thank you for all your sharing and inspirational words. I know you are making a difference in the lives of others. Keep up the awesome work!

:) Shandon

P.S. I'm from Gainesville and recently realized that we have a friend in common--Kara Pennington! Check out our story at http://lifeprintsbyshandon.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-photog-friends.html

March 13, 2008 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger Haley Lamb said...

This is so encouraging! Thank you so much for sharing your heart all the time---it reaches farther than you know! *blessings*
p.s. i watched your photographer q&a video the other night and you seem so fun! thanks for being generous!

March 13, 2008 at 3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Scarlett, I went the whole day without crying until now. Thanks for the words of inspiration. Okay, let me dry my face before someone sees me (smile).

~Tiesha

March 13, 2008 at 5:07 PM  
Blogger Starla Warren said...

Wow....i was so shocked to read this! I have dated the same guy off and on for the past 10 years up until a year ago......his birthday is March 11th and i found out that day that he just proposed to a girl that he has only been with for 2 months! WOW! It hurts bad...kinda ironic, huh!
starla

March 13, 2008 at 11:11 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Heather- Very cool about you and your husband. And I can't wait to release the book! Still giving birth to it in the meantime though!

Shandon- Thank you soooo much for your kind words about my faith. I know there is a fine line sharing it so openly in business related matters, but the way I look at it, brides are not just hiring me as a photographer, they are hiring me as an artist for who I am, and my faith is the most important part of who I am, so I can't imagine NOT sharing my heart genuinely with others. It's been so amazing taking that step of faith to be vulnerable and open with people and see how God has truly blessed that.

Haley- So glad my video could be of help!

Tiesha- Awwww, you are so sweet! Sorry to make you cry, but I hope it was good cleansing tears!

Starla- Wow, talk about a small world. Sorry to hear the news about your guy. I can imagine what a shock that was! I know it's hard to understand the purpose in the pain, but I hope you will cling to Amy's quote in the blog entry and trust it as truth in drawing closer to God's comfort during this time.

March 14, 2008 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger Carla Jean said...

Yep, I looked for him just to be sure! ;)

March 14, 2008 at 4:51 PM  
Blogger Pearls Of Wisdom, LLC said...

love the words...
they are poignant and very timely*
Thanks for the inspiration

March 14, 2008 at 10:42 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Pearls- So glad my words could inspire you! :-)

March 16, 2008 at 2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.