..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Strength in resting.
BlogMenu

Mar 30, 2008

Strength in resting.

Ok, so today I cheated.

This whole no-running thing was killing me.

It has been a few weeks since my chiropractor told me not to run. And I was supposed to wait a few more weeks before I tried to get back out there. When she initially told me told me the news, not only was my hip and knee hurting, it then hurt my heart to hear I needed to take a break. But, I really felt God say through it all, "Simply rest, My child. Just rest right now."

So I've been resting. And resting. And resting.

To add to the torture of the stillness, the other night I had the most beautiful dream about running, where I remember simply gliding along in my run so peacefully. No aches and pains. No gasping for breath in my stamina like usual. Just running, not away from anything, but toward unexpected unknowns so enthusiastically. Then I woke up and remembered, oh yeah, back to reality and this hip problem I have.

I've been trying to keep up with yoga in the meantime, but I've truly been missing running. Not only do I miss the peace of mind it gives me daily to clear my mind during runs, but now that my jeans have started getting tighter, I had enough resting. So I couldn't resist, I got back out there out tonight.

Further motivating me, my friend Rachel and I and our moms attended the most amazing conference in town by one of my favorite Christian book authors, Beth Moore. It was a beautiful two-days of truly feeling God's presence in my spirit and the 14,500 other women in His house. Of all things, the foundation of her message was Phillippians 3 about running toward Jesus, forgetting the past, and pressing toward the future. To further illustrate her points, she showed a YouTube clip this morning that I COMPLETELY bawled my eyes out to.

To preface, it is Derek Redmond, an Olympic athlete who got an injury in the middle of his race. The man you see jump out from the crowd to help him finish the race is his father. The quality is a little poor, but you must watch this!




I couldn't think of a more beautiful analogy of God's love for us. When we are broken, like I feel currently with my injury, our Heavenly Father is always ready to jump up and walk with us to be our strength when we are weak. And as Beth Moore added: "And He's always there to smack away other people who try to get in the way like the father did in the video!" She's the best, I love her!

How could I not go for a run after viewing that? I usually run in the morning, but when I got home, it was the most beautiful Floridian weather, not too hot, not too cold, and a golden setting sun. I told myself, I was just going to walk, but after a mile I tried to run to test my hip and knee, and next thing I knew, I ran the rest of the way home, 5 miles all in all. And I NEVER have been able to do that! Usually I walk 50%, run 50%, but the first time ever, I ran probably 95% of the time tonight. I got teary eyed all over again just realizing the strength that comes from the moments of resting when we truly allow ourselves to.

I'm sure I'll be paying for it tomorrow, but for today, it was amazing to feel that same feeling in reality that I thought was only possible in my dreams.

May your Sunday be a true day of rest the way Lord the designed it to be. I'm really looking forward to mine. Special plans involving a new dress, meandering on cobblestone streets, and the company of a beautiful heart. :-)

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Kenzie Shores Photography said...

that was incredible scarlett, I actually had to watch it twice. :) thank you.

March 30, 2008 at 12:09 AM  
Blogger Diandra said...

One of the things I have come to enjoy so much about your blog is when you talk about the things God is doing in your life. I find it refreshing, exciting and an incredibly blessing! Thanks for being so honest and straightforward in your blog. I bet there are a lot of people's lives you've touched through just sharing candidly your strengths and struggles. Isn't God incredible? Something that came to mind when I read this is "In our weakness HE is strong!" Thanks again for sharing!

March 30, 2008 at 2:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, such a good analogy. Have a great week!
xoxo

March 30, 2008 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger Amy Clifton said...

Beth Moore is so inspiring, and this clip was really really touching. Thanks for sharing such an important reminder about the love of a father--or our Heavenly Father--carrying us when we are weak. Have a great day!

March 30, 2008 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

ok I read your post and was thinking its be awesome but I didnt think I would cry....

yeah, I cried.

boo.

March 30, 2008 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger The Runyans said...

i've been to her 2 day conference and it was awesome. i can't wait until she comes back to TN!!

March 31, 2008 at 8:19 AM  
Blogger April Hollingsworth said...

I don't know a whole lot about Beth Moore, but I love her story about the long-haired man in the airport. I'm sure she is an amazing woman as my pastor's wife refers to her a lot. I know you had a great time with your mom. Mother-Daughter time is awesome.

The film reminds me of the Footprints poem.

I've heard lots of people say that after you have a child, you understand God's love so much more. This has been true for me. I now love the verse "Be still and know that I am God." I often want my 1 year old to just be still in my arms and let me cuddle and love her. She just wants to go go go. I soon realized I am the same way toward God. I need to slow down and take more time to pray, read my Bible and reflect.

March 31, 2008 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Kenzie- I know, it's even better the second time around!

Diandra- Thank you truly so much. It means the world to me to know you guys embrace what is on my heart and to have the freedom to express it! God is definitely incredible!

Jen- You too!

Amy- My pleasure!

Shyla- Awww.. glad you cried! :-)

Jessica- I know, I'm ready to see more of her again!

April- Awww, so sweet, I know, I can't wait to have kids to know God's love that much deeper!

March 31, 2008 at 3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can imagine that the Beth Moore conference was awesome! I love hearing her speak during the TV show "Life Today". Your inspiring blog entry also spoke to my heart. :)

March 31, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.