..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Slowing down... even more.
BlogMenu

Mar 11, 2008

Slowing down... even more.

Well, poo.

I found out yesterday that I can't run anymore. Or, eh, "It would be a good idea for you to not run anymore."

What?

So much for my big 8-mile run the other day. Maybe that's why I whined so much in my blog entry about it, because I think deep down, I knew something was painfully wrong with me, and I just really wanted those last 8 miles to count. But I do wish that I had appreciated it in the moment that much more. If I had only known it would probably be my last good run... ever.

As I mentioned in the blog entry, my knee had been bothering me a lot lately. But not only my knee, my hip too. Then after the 8-mile run the other day, I literally couldn't move the next day. My right hip was full of sharp pain even trying to walk. So I finally broke down and made an appointment with a chiropractor that my friend in yoga recommend I go see. I even drove to Georgia for this chiropractor because of how he claimed this chiropractor fixed him for a similar problem.

Turns out, we have a very different problem. An exam and two X-rays later, turns out my hips are very much out of alignment due to a disformity in my "transitional vertabrae," which is basically where the spine and hips intersect. Apparently when I was born, my left end vertabrae grew into my hip when there is supposed to be a gap between the vertabrae and the hip. So because of this misalignment, my right hip has been working overtime to keep balance, furthermore misaligning my bottom vertabrae of my spine crushing them together (one reason for my lower back pain I've always had), furthermore misaligning my knee causing that pain as well. Here's a diagram she gave me that looked just like my X-ray, kind of interesting.



And because of the high impact of running, that is what aggravates it more. Considering I never ran much in my life until last July when I started hard core, that's why I never knew about this problem sooner. But over the course of my running, the impact has been irritating it more and more, and last week, my hips finally said ENOUGH, hence the sharp pains.

Great.

Just when I was really starting to love running.

The doctor did say I definitely shouldn't run for 6-8 weeks while I continue treatments, then after that, try to only go for 2-3 miles, if I "have" to run. Woo. I love to at least do 5 miles on my run. But I guess 2-3 is better than nothing. As long as I can WALK for everyday stuff, that's all I care about at this point. What I've been most concerned about is being able to run around for shooting weddings, so I am grateful to still be able to do that. That's what worried me the most with wedding season starting up again this coming weekend and going non-stop for me until July. Any photographer will agree, shooting requires a lot of physical strength throughout the day.

I don't know why I'm sharing all this personal health info on my blog for the world to see. I guess writing about it and being vulnerable with you somehow gives me a hope that everything will eventually be better, and that one day I can look back at this blog entry and see how God came through... once again.

Like one of my favorites quotes says, "there is no testimony with out the test." :-)

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie! I am sorry that you are dealing with this. You are always in my prayers, and I know you come away stronger than before. much love, j

March 11, 2008 at 1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett- I have had similar problems as you although I don't recall the technicalities or if any bones were fused together....Everytime I did ANY "land" sport...I always got injured. Hips, ankles, knees...my alignment was SO off all the time. I remember having to see a chiropracter in 6th grade because my hips/back hurt so bad that I couldnt get up out of chairs from playing soccer. BUT! I ended up doing competitive swimming as my main sport for a really long time and got pretty darn good at it- so if you're looking for something way less impact and very healthy--- I would try some lap swimming!

March 11, 2008 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger Amy Martin said...

oh yuck :( I hope everything start to feel better soon!

March 11, 2008 at 2:18 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Ugh. That stinks! I've been having some body issues myself, but with neck and mid-back. Between the two of us, we might have a whole "good" body! : )
I hope you feel better soon though because hurting is no fun.

I posted some new photos of Professor on my blog... it's amazing how different he looks from when we got him and even when he had the playdate with Rhett! He's a big fluffball now!

March 11, 2008 at 4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started running in middle school, had to stop due to knee issues. Picked up running seriously again (I was training for a crazy cross country race and then for a 13.4 or so mile race) when I first started dating Garrett (the man keeps running marathons!) when I started having lower leg issues. I was told I had a stress fracture... that apparently comes back if I run more than 9 miles a WEEK. I was bummed at first, like you, but I can move much easier now without the constant pain in my leg. And since I stand all day, that's a good thing! Being healthy and not in pain is way more important than running, I promise! Chin up, you'll find something else that doesn't hurt as much (as someone said, swimming). Until than, enjoy your time before wedding season :)
Katie

March 11, 2008 at 11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That totally stinks. A similar thing happened to me in college when I was training for a half marathon. I got to 8 miles and then my IT band on my knee started giving me so much trouble that after 5 minutes of running I could no longer walk. Get a lot of rest, that's the only way it will heal. Sorry!

March 11, 2008 at 11:15 PM  
Blogger Kara Pennington Photography said...

still praying for you girl! :)

March 12, 2008 at 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Scarlett. When the Lord closes a door, he opens a window. I know this is very Sound of Music, but I have a great idea for you. Aquatic therapy. Actually, being in the water allows you to have strenuous exercise without the impact. I have had a number of things wrong with my back and knee. When I started teaching in the water and exercising, it made a world of difference. And I was in better shape then before. I was using different muscles in different ways. Maybe the Lord has a whole new group of people to meet and share with. You never know! I look forward to seeing what the Lord does for you!

March 12, 2008 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger Moongypsyi said...

stay strong scar, I'll keep you in my prayers. xo
Christina

March 12, 2008 at 7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett- Nancy and I have been both encouraged and blessed by the gift of joy that God has so obviously given you. We have marveled at the vision for life and the beauty of His creation that God has placed within you. You should know that we are thankful that you will be part of this great event. Though we haven't met are lives have been enriched by your daily reminders of the beauty of Life and Creation, and, by the joy we saw in Sarah as she recounted the events of this week's engagement shoot. We will be praying for you and look forward to meeting you soon,

Nancy & Kit Crews

March 12, 2008 at 9:27 PM  
Blogger Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Awww.... I'll keep you in my prayers, but I know you make the best of everything :) xoxo

March 12, 2008 at 10:19 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

You guys are so awesome and supportive! I have the best friends and readers here on the blog! I truly appreciate all your prayers and advice and suggestions. Now that it's warming up, I'll have to look into the swimming thing more. Funny, I have a pool here at my condo that I have never used the past almost 3 years I've lived here. Maybe this is all a sign that I should finally utilize part of my Homeowner's Association fees. ha!

Nancy and Kit- Wow, your words truly touched my heart. I had such a great time meeting Sarah the other day for the engagement session, and I can't wait to meet you guys at the wedding too. Thank you for taking the time to express such kind words! You're the best!

March 12, 2008 at 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.