..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: An early Easter encounter.
BlogMenu

Mar 23, 2008

An early Easter encounter.

Last night after shooting Kellie and Colin's wedding in Jekyll Island, my second shooter, Kenzie, and I were starving. It was almost 2am by the time we got back to Jacksonville, early Easter morning, and needed an 24-hour place to veg. We headed to Village Inn where, first, we ran into these fun guys on the other side of our booth topping off their Bachelor party with a late night snack.



Boy, what characters they were. A lot of laughs though.

But then, after they left, Kenzie and I started talking to our waitress, Lisa.




When she found out we were wedding photographers, Lisa opened up about how much she loved taking photos and began to share her heart with us about some hard things she been through in life. She got teary eyed simply sharing how much she just wants to do something to give her 4-year-old son a better life. Working night shift, she rarely gets to see her son except 2 or 3 days a week because he stays with his grandmother due to her crazy work hours. She has always dreamed of being a photographer and had been trying to decide to go to school for it, or if she should invest in better equipment to start learning, or what. Kenzie and I encouraged her and told her about all the wonderful resources out there online for free, like Open Source Photo and other photographer's blogs where we learned a lot of our photography knowledge from. Yet, we further encouraged her that the most important thing required to becoming a photographer is a lot of prayer and faith and trusting God even in the slow times how if you keep planting the seeds, He does eventually turn it into a harvest.

When we left, I felt led to give her a $100 tip and wrote a note on the receipt to put it toward her photography dreams and to keep the faith. Then Kenzie and I slipped out into the night before she could refuse it.

On the drive home, Kenzie and I were talking about the appointments God sends us. There's always that infamous question of, "How do you share your faith with others without preaching at them?" We truly felt like, on that early Easter morning, that Lisa was an appointment He was sending us. Since I'm still looking for a home church, I don't have a church directly to tithe to, but I have been praying about opportunities to tithe in more direct ways that I know could bless someone else's life. I've also been praying to change my attitude from a whiny complaining one I get stuck in some days to an expectant one of all the good things God is waiting to do in my life. The last thing I expected, being exhausted after shooting a wedding, was for God to bring along an opportunity to show His love to a stranger at 2 in the morning, but that's what I love about Him. In order to distinguish between our will and His, He calls us at the most unexpected times. It was a great reminder that receiving truly is in the giving and how He uses ordinary people to do extraordinary things.

I pray your Easter is full of love and moments you can serve those that are closest to you, as well as strangers who might cross your path.

Thanks to Kenzie for whipping out her camera for these photos. Lots of new photos to come this week... I can't wait to share with you the images from a ton of shooting I have been doing! Wedding season is in full swing!

Labels:

21 Comments:

Blogger Natasja L Photography said...

Scarlett,
this post is not only touching and faith filled, but it also shows the power and strength in believing in HIM!
Thanks so much for sharing this experience!

March 23, 2008 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Kenzie Shores Photography said...

I have a feeling that last night was only the beginning of our appointments...I'm ready!

March 23, 2008 at 3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome encounter. God Bless and have a great Easter!
XOXO

March 23, 2008 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Diandra Ann said...

I have been reading your blog for quite some time now, but I've never left a comment. This story really touched me. I am always impressed by people who are willing to let God into their place of work as well as the rest of their lives... so much of ministering to people is about meeting them where they're at... its not about making them come to God, its about letting God bring you to them. How exciting! I am so impressed with your work, but even more with who YOU are... Thanks for sharing this story!

March 23, 2008 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger Rene Williams said...

Dear Darling Daughter,

My heart runneth over with love and joy that you "get" what most of the world searches for endlessly....which is simply the message of true love and all that that implies.

March 24, 2008 at 12:02 AM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Scarlett, we briefly met at the Lovecat party last week. WPPI was awesome.
What an inspirational post this is, thanks for sharing.

March 24, 2008 at 4:44 AM  
Blogger Jess Cumbie said...

So, Awesome!!!

March 24, 2008 at 7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great story. You are such an inspiration to others in so many ways.

March 24, 2008 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Kara Pennington Photography said...

How awesome, Scarlett! What a "divine appointment" - God is so good :)

March 24, 2008 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Natasja- God is good!

Kenzie- It was awesome to share that experience with you!

Diandra- I loved your quote "its not about making them come to God, its about letting God bring you to them." That really stuck with me. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Mom- Thanks! I learned from the best!

Jeanette- It was so awesome too meet you at WPPI! Thanks for keeping up with my blog!

Jess- :-)

Anonymous- Thanks, whoever you are! :-)

Kara- Thanks Kara for your connection to Kenzie. It was great to finally meet her and here fun stories about you two!

March 24, 2008 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger Kimberlee West said...

What an awesome story- love it! :)

March 25, 2008 at 12:14 AM  
Blogger Rachel Brooke said...

This really touched me. I love to hear stories like this, I've just been convicted about tithe myself. The benefits and blessings of giving are endless...because each time you give, Christ reveals a little more about Himself and His ultimate sacrifice.

March 25, 2008 at 1:43 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Bumatay- So awesome to meet you at WPPI! Thanks for your sweet words, yeah it will be fun to see if anything happens with her.

Kim- Thanks girl!

Rachel- So true about what you said in Christ revealing himself more and more when we give.

March 25, 2008 at 2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett, you are such a beautiful person. I am immensely blessed just to know you and share a space with you :)

You continue to inspire, dare and demand that I become a better person.

Terrica

March 31, 2008 at 10:31 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Awww, you are so beautiful Terrica! I know it is work that brought our paths together, but I'm so blessed to call you a friend! You inspire more than you know as well.

April 1, 2008 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger b.mofoto said...

Thanks so much for writing this. I needed the encouragement to have faith that God has something big for me in photography world. My job is to be faithful, have faith and trust that His dreams for me are wonderful. Thank you for who you are! You are a kindred spirit!
Beth

April 1, 2008 at 3:38 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Beth- I'm believing for you that God has big things in store for your photography career too! :-)

April 2, 2008 at 8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see that you are a Christian. I know that today's society posts many instances where it's easy to get caught up in everything. Please read Matthew 6:1-6. I know this is sort of a personal journal, but it being a blog automatically lets others in. I posts things to my blog never knowing if people will ever read it or not. However, we all need to remember that this is on the world wide web. Be careful.

April 3, 2008 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

To anonymous, I read the verse and please know that I was in no way bragging in telling this story. I was simply sharing a touching moment of how God stirred my heart to love our neighbors as ourselves through the fruit of giving, and how in return that blesses us. My only intention was for others to be inspired by the Easter story. I hope you can reread the story and understand the bigger picture of the message.

April 7, 2008 at 3:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not think you were bragging at all! We are called to lead by example, and that is exactly what you have done. Pride is haughty, demanding that others celebrate and who you are. Scarlett's Christian leadership is an inspiration that demands that we demand more of ourselves...that we not inundate or simply clamor around ourselves, but that we imitate the good works that touches someone else's life.

There are so many who read this blog who need a word-- even if it isn't specifically biblical to touch their lives. Thank God for Scarlett for bringing us the beauty in every part of life, by making herself vulnerable and victorious by sharing the intimate moments in her life.

You call it bragging. I call it a dare to think outside of our existence and touch another struggling soul. I dare you, me, and all of us to do the same.

Pay it forward, anon.

Sorry to go off on a tangent in your Love Notes, Scarlett!

April 7, 2008 at 4:23 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

That's why I love you Terrica! :-)

April 7, 2008 at 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.