..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Life in the fabulous lane.
BlogMenu

Feb 9, 2008

Life in the fabulous lane.

In the past year alone, my travel itinerary went something like this:

Tampa
New York
Savannah
Tallahassee
Orlando
Chicago
Miami
Las Vegas
Vero Beach
New York again
Vero Beach again
Savannah again
Destin
Jekyll Island a few times
Nashville
Dominican Republic
Jamaica


The last two were just in the past 30 days.

I really do live a fabulous life. It wasn’t until this last trip to Jamaica that I realized that. I have friends who have never even been on an airplane. I have friends who have never even been out of the country. I have friends who can’t even efford to travel or take time off to travel. I have friends who hate their jobs.

Yet, I get paid to travel around the world being able to wake up every morning to a job I’m so passionate about and love with all my heart. God has me on such an exhilarating adventure and though travel can sometimes be exhausting, I love wringing out every moment of joy from my journeys that I can. I can’t wait to see what new destinations the Lord takes me to in the upcoming year! Maybe this year, I'll get to take a real vacation that isn't work-related. :-)

Next up later this month is Bald Head Island, North Carolina for the Love Affair Workshop and then Las Vegas again for WPPI in March. Who else is going to WPPI? This will be my first time and I’m so excited to attend! I hope to meet you there!!! Also, my fab friend, Lauren Wright, and I are looking for two more roomies. Hit me up at scarlett@scarlettlillian.com if you want to room with us!

I still have a fun Flirt session to post coming up, but from my travels around Jamaica, here’s a few randoms shots of the island life that I was able to catch from my taxi rides. Most of these were shot through the window with my fabulous new 70-200 lens! (I know, I’ve been a slacker and was like the only photographer in the world who didn’t have this lens. I didn’t want it because it was too heavy for my girl muscles, but I finally gave in and got it, and yes, now I’m kicking myself for not having this sooner. And it’s not as heavy as I thought. If you don’t have this, you MUST get it. Beautiful lens and well worth the investment!)




This was the resort, Sandals Whitehouse, where I shot Preston Bailey's collections at. I can't wait to show you those photos soon!


I absolutely love this example of Jamaican culture. On the way back to my hotel, all of sudden my taxi driver sees this guy selling lobsters on the side of the road and slams on the breaks to pull over. He hops out for a few minutes to negotiate buying the lobsters with the random lobster dude. Like, just right there, in the middle of performing his taxi services, my driver stops to discuss his possible dinner. I just cracked up at the professionalism of my driver and how that would have never flown in the states. So of course I had to get a shot of the lobster seller and his goggles. Love it!
(Oh yeah, after all that, my driver didn't end up buying the lobsters!)


In Jamaica, there were just as many people walking and riding bikes on the side of the road as driving. And the government obviously knew the importance of good driving behavior, or at least tried to promote it. I admired the Jamaicans at how brave they were to walk along all the speeding fast cars.
I was scared for them just being in the taxi.


School just let out and the local children crowded the streets hanging out. They are the very reason the government promotes safety on the streets. I saw another sign along the way that seriously said "Children are our future, don't run over them," but unfortunately I couldn't get a shot of it in time.


The way squirrels are everywhere in the states, that's how goats were in Jamaica. They were everywhere!
I loved catching this one eating out of the trash, and then stopping to pose for the camera.


My driver took me on the scenic route through a popular fishing area of Whitehouse, and I hopped out here to catch a few shots of the beautiful rustic boats.


A lot of days, I feel like this boat. This is one of those shots that holds a lot of symbolism for me.


A lazy afternoon in Jamaica.


From Ghetto Phonic parties to Grocery signs, I LOVED how colorful all the signs were.


These hammocks were a very popular selling item all over the streets.


I wish the water was this blue in Florida.


A typical grocery store.


A pink house!


Life in paradise.




This reminded me of that Will Smith song I loved in high school.


These peacocks loved hanging out around the hotel. Such a detailed beautiful reminder of how God is the ultimate artist.

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Hybrid Photography said...

Yippee I just found out I get to go to WPPI this year. :)

~Alyssa

February 9, 2008 at 2:08 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Beautiful shots... and I can just see you living in the pink house! : )

And that's not just a 70-200mm lens... that's an L!!!
Wish I could afford that one!

February 9, 2008 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger Denise Skelton said...

Aside from the people, the road signs in Jamaica just might be my favorite thing. We go there every summer on a mission trip. My favorite is the one with the motorcycle helmet that says, "Protect your head, don't end up dead." They tell it like it is there!
Glad you had a good trip!

February 9, 2008 at 9:41 PM  
Blogger Jess Cumbie said...

Do you remember what I told you when I first met you. I felt like I was meeting a celebrity. You said "no, no I'm just me" or something along those lines. Well Scar when I've mentioned to other photographers I've met since that I admire you and we've actually had dinner once they gasp and say "are you serious!!" hahaha!!! I'm so proud of you! I love all the artistic shots, I can say I'm jealous I've never been out of the country. BUT I might have the opportunity to shoot and Indian wedding in India in July!!! Which would be sweet. Then my travel itinerary would read... Florida, Georgia, India... LOL :P

February 10, 2008 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger Isis said...

Amazing shots Scarlett! I haven't been to Jamaica in about 4 years and I can honestly say, your pictures brought back fond memories. You are truly blessed with such a gift and great "eye"! Can't wait to see where this year takes you...

PS. Thank you for the reminder that a vacation is LONG overdue :)

February 10, 2008 at 10:02 AM  
Blogger Lifeprints said...

I love your spirituality! So many people are afraid to offend someone rather than speaking from their heart. Go girl! =)

February 10, 2008 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger Amy Clifton said...

Yes--the 70-200 completely rocks! You are going to love it! These shots are beautiful, and the bright island colors are just your thing! Glad you were able to explore and have some fun while you were working.

February 10, 2008 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger Kenzie Shores Photography said...

beautiful pictures scarlett :) that lobster story cracked me up! lol

and I can sense it, paris is just around the corner ;)
kz

February 10, 2008 at 11:15 PM  
Blogger Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Oooh, have fun at the WPPI convention!! ;-D By the way, love the goat pictures!

February 11, 2008 at 2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tropical Paradise!!!

February 11, 2008 at 9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tropical Paradise!!!

February 11, 2008 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger Kara Pennington Photography said...

Awesome pics, girl! As I was scrolling through, Jers came up and saw the water shot and was way impressed with how gorgeous it is there! :)

February 11, 2008 at 9:51 AM  
Blogger April Hollingsworth said...

Tell your friends who hate their jobs to read "48 Days to the Work You Love" by Dan Miller. I'm about to start the 2nd chapter. Dave Ramsey inspired me to "go and be" a photographer in his Financial Peace University session titled "Careers and Extra Jobs." Dave Ramsey wrote the forward to Dan Miller's Book.

February 11, 2008 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Alyssa- I hope to meet you at WPPI!

Tracy- Yep, it's an L, and IS. So I'll definitely be using it at your wedding coming up. :-)

Denise- I know, so funny huh??

Jess- LOL, you are too kind. Very cool about your possible India wedding!

Isis- Glad I could help take you back!

Lifeprints- Thank you so much. That truly means a lot to me to have you embrace my ramblings about my faith and encourage it.

Amy C- I know, I was eating up all the bright colors!

Kenzie- Paris here we come! ;-)

Kara- I know, I loved it!!

April- Cool thanks for the recommendation.

February 11, 2008 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Woohoo... all your shots will be of me drooling in your general direction! ; )

February 13, 2008 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

LOL!

February 15, 2008 at 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can make anything look fabulous and super interesting... I'm still amazed by your talent!

August 27, 2008 at 1:33 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks Lynsi!!

August 28, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.