..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: I've got new shoes on.
BlogMenu

Jan 24, 2008

I've got new shoes on.



Ok, I don't literally have new shoes on....

.....Though my latest favorite new-ish shoes are these cute black and silver sparkly ones from Target. I adore them and even though they go best with little black dresses, I still wear them to places as casual as the grocery store to keep a little sparkle in my step. Anyways, I'm digressing.

My new favorite song is "New Shoes" by Paolo Nutini. I think it's been out for a while, but randomly I heard it the other day and instantly downloaded it. Now, I listen to it when I'm running, I listen to it when I'm working, I listen to it when I'm getting ready and I've even been guilty of annoying my neighbors on the other side of the wall in my condo by cranking up my iTunes just so I can dance around my living room to the song.

There is something about the analogy of new shoes that is so symbolic in my life right now. I may not literally have new shoes on, but since my breakthrough moment on Monday, God has blessed me sooooo much this week beyond description with what feels like 40,000 new shoes and that joy that usually comes from retail therapy. Except this time, my credit card didn't take a hurting from any retail therapy, and instead my heart is simply full and loving life all over again.

Anyways, just had to the share the video. And wow, turns out the singer is very yummy to look at too!





And speaking of shoes, let's put on our running shoes! Below is the Nike challenge I've started and I would love to race you! The first person to run 50 miles will get a $200 gift certificate to Amazon.com!



And according to how many people sign up, the losers have to contribute to the pot. So the more people that join, the less you will have to contribute, so invite your friends too! And if you don't want to contribute, please don't sign up. This is for serious runners only who aren't sore losers.

So if you are a photographer, just think, $200 could go toward that amazing new lens you want on Amazon (that's where I buy all my camera gear!). Or if you are a bride, it could go toward your own wedding shoes. Or if you are a friend and random blog reader, buy yourself a bunch of new books or DVDs with the winnings! But before you can spoil yourself, you must first take care of yourself and get out there running!

I look forward to kicking all of your butts!! wink wink

In order to give people a chance to sign up and go get their Nike/iPod goods this weekend, the race will start Monday, January 28. But you can also join the race at anytime during it, so it's never too late to catch up. You can click on the thing-a-ma-jig below to sign up, or if you have problems signing up, email me your email address and I can invite you personally to it!



I'm also going to post the Nike thing-a-ma-jig at the top of my blog for when this entry gets pushed to the arvhives. And totally feel free to grab the HTML code from the Nike site to embed the race on your own blog! This is going to be fun!

So, "New Shoes" is obviously my new Power Song on the Nike/iPod dealio. Tell me, what is YOUR power song?

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Carla Jean said...

Them are some sassy shoes!

Wish I ran, I could use $200 to amazon! But yeah, not so much. My "power songs" are all my soundtrack to reading and writing. I guess my exercise is mostly mental... sigh.

January 24, 2008 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Like you've EVER needed to work out, you tiny butt you! wink wink Hey by the way, yesterday in the car, I heard a classic song... Tootsie Roll... it made me think of you and our old cheerleading days!

January 24, 2008 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger Rachel Brooke said...

Sexy momma shoes! I like them.
My power songS (plural, i have several)
-Ben Lee- Catch My Disease
-Third Eye Blind- Wake for Young Souls, Can't Get Away, Palm Reader
-Flaming Lips- Yoshima vs. Pink Robots Pt. 1
-FrouFrou- Hear Me Out

January 24, 2008 at 1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to sign up. Never run berfore, it would be my first time.... I just hava a question, how are you going to know who run the first 50 miles?

January 24, 2008 at 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

darn I don't have a nano! the nike + only works with an ipod nano, right? can I use it with my iPhone?! I have been thinking about how much I should start running, too! (EVEN THOUGH ITS FRIGID COLD!)

January 24, 2008 at 1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, you even take KILLER photo's of things like shoes from Target!!! how do you do it!? (...grin...)

January 24, 2008 at 1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been eyeing those shoes as well, but am just not sure what I would wear them with! That is a beautiful photo of them though, so great!

January 24, 2008 at 5:35 PM  
Blogger Ariana's Corner said...

Loooooove those shoes!!!!!

my power songs would have to be
~chasing cars by Snow Patrol
~Breathe today by Flyleaf
~diary of Jane by breaking benjamin
I have more but I cant think of them! lol

January 24, 2008 at 8:54 PM  
Blogger Darice Michelle said...

I love running to this song I just recently found called "Corre" by BeBe. I have no idea what she is saying other than "Run". It's a cool groove and certainly gets me to RUN RUN RUN faster! I also like "La Coqueta" by the same band. Does anyone know spanish to tell me what the heck I am running to (lol)?!

So wish I could do this race, don't have the chippy thing though.

You so have to keep us all updated on your race. How do you know how other runners are doing?

January 25, 2008 at 6:55 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Rachel- Cool songs! I've have to check them out.

Anonymous- Through the Nike/iPod deal, your Nike shoe sensor wirelessly tells your iPod how many miles you ran, and then you plug your iPod into the computer and it sends the data to your Nike account online which will then send it to the Challenge you are participating in to update your records against the other runners. Cool huh? But first you have to buy Nike Shoes, the sensor and an iPod nano for it to all work. Go nikeplus.nike.com for more info.

Jackie- Bummer about the nano! You would think they would make it work with the iPhone somehow.

Noelle- Thanks! It was fun to play with these shoes. They glitter, so I thought of trying to recreate a disco ball. So I put them on my couch, turn my living room lights off, and put two flashlights pointing at them to get the reflection. And oila, with my 50mm 1.2, I snapped it!

Megan- You should get them! You just never know what you can find to wear them with. They are fun to just put with a pair of jeans and a white tank top. The shoes are all you need to make it a great outfit!

Ariana- Cool songs!

Darice- Yeah I want to hear that song! Do you have an iPod nano? If so, you can easily get the sensor and Nike shoes at like Dick's sporting store or probably any sport's shoe store. You should totally join us!

January 25, 2008 at 10:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Scarlett!

Just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your blog. You are an extremely talented photographer.

I found your posts about running and the Nike+ challenge to be really inspiring. Definitely gave me that extra push to get out there and run. My power song is definitely Toby Mac, "Made to Love". Thank you so much!

January 27, 2008 at 7:42 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Katy- That's a great song! Glad I could help give you the motivation to run! You should join the challenge or another challenge.

So yeah, while I was gone, Biscuitman totally jumped ahead outdoing all of us before I could even run the first mile. So to those who are in this challenge, I'm planning on launching another new challenge after Biscuitman wins this in the next day or so. Stay tuned! I guess this was a nice "trial run". Ha!

February 2, 2008 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Ok, Biscuitman won the challenge and kicked all our butts. So if you participated in this challenge, go to your Nike Challenge page to look for his email address that he will post soon, and then please send him a $25 gift certificate from amazon.com. Even if you didn't get a chance to run, like I barely did, if you signed up, you are still responsible for giving the prize to him. Thanks everyone! I'll be posting a new challenge soon since a lot of us barely got a chance to participate in this one!

February 3, 2008 at 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.