..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: From sunsets to sunrises.
BlogMenu

Jan 10, 2008

From sunsets to sunrises.

“But the path of the just is like the shining sun, that shines ever brighter until the perfect day.”
~Proverbs 4:18


I am not a morning person.

(Especially after 2 hours of sleep. And only 4 hours of sleep the night before.)

Because of this, I have never seen the sun rise.

This is why I put seeing the sun rise on my list of things to experience in the coming year.

And this morning on my flight to Dominican Republic, I got to see the sun rise from my plane window. (Again, I wish I had a picture to show you.)

I continue to be amazed how quickly God is continuing to fulfill the desires of my heart in ways greater than I can imagine-- that's three of the things crossed off my list so far-- especially the timing of seeing the sun rise on this particular morning. He knew it was the exact moment I needed to see it to be reminded of His promise of new days after dark moments. And not only did I see the sun rise, I got to see it from my flight, soaring like an eagle over the beautiful land He created below, putting life worries back into perspective. As I watched the golden rays light the new day and look down below at the Floridian coastline, it reminded me of the lyrics of Carrie Underwood’s latest single, “So Small,” that I was listening to on my iPod as the flight took off:


“It’s so easy to get lost inside a problem that seems so big at the time
It’s like a river that’s so wide, it swallows you whole
While you are sitting around thinking what you can’t change and worrying about all the wrong things
Time is flying by, moving so fast
You better make it count because you can’t get it back

Sometimes that mountain you’ve been climbing is just a grain of sand.
What you’ve been out there searching for forever is in your hands.
When you figure out love is all that matters after all,
It sure makes everything else seem so small.”


The sun rise was a great reminder that God’s love is all that matters after all. It is the greatest love of all. It is enduring. It never leaves you. It is perfect and casts out fear.

Despite the moments in life when the rug is pulled out from under our feet, despite the disappointments of things not going according to our plans, despite the sadness of loss, despite the everyday worries and stresses we waste so much energy on, despite the fears of the unknown, despite the zits on our face or the 2 hours of sleep we got the night before... life is beautiful. God always gives us a new day full of His love and His golden light rising up to remind us that new days are the beginning of new blessings and new chapters waiting to be written by the Greatest Author of all.

Maybe I’ll get up early tomorrow to witness the beauty of the sun rise on the beaches of the Dominican Republic. Nevermind, who am I kidding, I know I’ll be sleeping in.

Here’s Carrie’s video to the song I talked about. May your day be full of grace and peace and love.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Kenzie Shores Photography said...

Thank you for sharing this. I can only imagine how beautiful it looked from the plane :) The past few mornings I've had the chance to witness the greatness of His work, while I'm out running my little booty off. lol, it sure makes running in the mornings a lot more interesting. You would be crazy to not get up tomorrow just to see the sunrise over there, I bet it would be amazing! God Bless. kz

January 10, 2008 at 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am unwritten, can't read my mind...I'm undefined. I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned. Staring at the blank page before you, open up the dirty window. Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find. Reaching for something in the distance, so close you can almost taste it. Release your inhibitions, feel the rain on your skin.

Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins...the rest is still unwritten.

LOVE!
Rachie

January 10, 2008 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Kenzie- Very cool! Yeah, I keep saying I'm going to get up and go running to the sun rising. Just haven't made myself do it yet. As much as I don't like getting up in the early morning, I do love the morning time and the freshness of the day.

Rachie- Ha ha, I love that song! I was playing it earlier!

January 10, 2008 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger Rachel Brooke said...

I just saw a beautiful sunrise on our flight from Hawaii and I thought to myself....no matter how creative I try to be in my business, I could never be as creative as the Lord. Each sunrise is entirely set apart from the following one, now that's unique and creative!

Thanks for sharing this positive blog entry. We love hearing from your heart.

January 11, 2008 at 11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That makes me think of that Song by Paul Wright... Sunrise to Sunset...

I've seen a million sunrises and sunsets, that and clouds after the rain make me stare at the sky and wonder what God is doing up there... I know people think I'm crazy when I pull over to snap shots of the sky... Oh how I miss my point and shoot...

Great entry. I loved it...

P.S. Most of the Sunrises I've seen is because I've failed to go to sleep the night before. I'm not really a morning person either. lol

January 11, 2008 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger Jessica C. Moritz said...

Hi Scarlett,
I just wanted to say THANK YOU and tell you what an absolutely AMAZING person YOU are! Maybe this comes a little late but
last week I have received your christmas card. I was giggling like a kid when I received it with my mail. I still can't believe you took all the time and expenses to sent your christmas cards around the globe and to my little island. THANK YOU so much! The card is beautiful and you are gorgeous!

January 13, 2008 at 3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett. Thanks for putting your heart out in the open on your blog. I have been having a really hard time the last few days and your words helped me to let go of what I'm struggling with and pray and totally give it to Jesus. You are right, His love is all that matters. He NEVER leaves us. He uses suffering to glorify himself if we let him. Thank you so much for your words, they are beautiful. Now I'm crying again...oh boy. :o)
Amber

January 14, 2008 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Rachel Brooke- Thanks for embracing the things of my heart that share. I'm jealous you were in Hawaii!


Je- Yeah, actually I playing off that Paul Wright song when I wrote that title. I love that song!

Jessica- So glad you got my card! Thanks for your sweet words!

Amber- Wow, reading your words really blessed me today. I'm so glad you could find comfort through my words. It's times like that make me realize, the pains we go through in life are worth it when they are able to help other people. God has a purpose in everything! And remember Amber, for every tear you cry, He promises to turn it into a joyful blessing.

January 15, 2008 at 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.