..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Live like you were dying.
BlogMenu

Nov 20, 2007

Live like you were dying.

I can’t sleep. It’s 3:30am and I have to be up in 3.5 hours to take a test that could change my life. Or maybe instead, the test is meant to help me start living life. My mom has said of her cancer experience, “You don’t really start living until you realize you might die.” And as I toss and turn in my bed, I started thinking about all the things I keep putting off, or never done, or too afraid to do, that I’d like to do in the next year.

I want to go to Paris.
I want to run a marathon.
I want to feel snow falling on me.
I want to watch the sun come up.
I want to get a new puppie.
I want to take a road trip.
I want to go camping.
I want to fall in love.

Or maybe I can’t sleep because of the bed I’m sleeping in. Tonight I spent the night at my parents house because they will be driving me to the hospital in the morning, and I’m sleeping in my old room in my old bed with my old memories and old dreams of the old me. I remember picking out this bed when we moved into this house my senior year of high school. It’s crazy to think that was almost 10 years ago and all the seasons that have changed from then to now. All the TV shows and movies I watched in this bed. All the long time talks with my mom I’ve had in this bed. All the tears I’ve cried in this bed. All the laughs I’ve had in this bed. All the friends that once sat on this bed. All the nights I worried Rhett would fall off this bed when he was a puppy. All the dreams I dreamt in this bed, both in my sleep and in reality. All the phone conversations I’ve had in this bed. All the moments of life I wasted worrying in this bed about what the future holds when I should have been embracing the moment I was given right then.

I used to change the channel anytime Tim McGraw’s “Live Like You Were Dying” came on because it just hit too close to everything my mom was going through at the time. But now for some reason, I can’t get it out of my head. So I thought I would post the video for you.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Amy Martin said...

praying all goes well for you. xoxo

November 20, 2007 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I'm praying for you!!!

November 20, 2007 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger THE PARSONS said...

if you go through KC on that road trip, you have a place to stay. we are really praying for you today scarlett, and we so admire your strength in this!

November 20, 2007 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Shara Lana said...

Tim McGraw is HOT! ;)

On my knees for ya! Shara Lana

November 20, 2007 at 1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You go girl, goto Paris and run a marathon! I'm from MI and snow is awesome (at times). Are you sure you're calling is JUST photography? Because you could be a writer as well.. you're words are inspiring. You're in my prayers for complete healing.
...Noelle.

November 20, 2007 at 1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scarlett! My love for photography brought me to your site! Awesome I might add! I hope your hospital visit goes well today! I'll check back for updates!
My blog is www.loridianephotography.blogspot.com

Caio'!

November 20, 2007 at 5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers and thoughts for you today :)

michelle

November 20, 2007 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Susan Justice said...

Hey Scarlett!

Your wishes are definitely obtainable. If you have not had the pleasure of travelling to another country... you definitely should just take the money and DO IT. It's the most incredible feeling.... I would suggest visiting London since you would be only a Euro train ride away... Hopefully I'll make it to Paris one day myself...

Your in my thoughts and prayers,
Susan

November 20, 2007 at 11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should always live like that.. live each moment like it could be your last or at least as much as possible.. Good Luck on your tests Will keep extra good thoughts for you.

November 21, 2007 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thank you thank you thank you!

Noelle- I majored in journalism in school, so I do have a writing background. I don't know if I would ever want to get back into it professionally, but I enjoy writing to all of you! Thanks for your interest in my words and I'm glad you could be inspired by them! :-)

November 21, 2007 at 6:33 PM  
Blogger SamTheMan said...

Hi Scarlett!

Please come visit us in Chicago and we'll take care of the snow.
:-)

November 21, 2007 at 11:38 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Sam- ha ha, yeah I was there one winter and it was 7 degrees. Apparently it was too cold even for snow, so I missed out on it then.

November 24, 2007 at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.