..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: It's a wonderful life.
BlogMenu

Nov 4, 2010

It's a wonderful life.




It's only November, but my Starbucks cup is Christmas colors with snowflakes. Yes, they mispelled my name, but I don't care. Right now, I'm listening to "It's a wonderful life" being sang by a man at the piano of the Jacksonville airport lobby. As he sings, and I sit here at the Starbucks table, I just took a deep breath to soak it in. Yes, it IS a wonderful life.

Last night, as I set my alarm for bed, I looked at my flight information and saw that my flight took off at 11:40 am. So I set my alarm nice and early for 8:30am to make sure I got to the airport in time. I've been rushed so much at my last few airport trips that I really wanted to try to not rush and actually get there in plenty of time.

I arrive promptly at 10:40am and go to check in. The touch screen pulls up my name and my departure time.

"NASHVILLE DEPARTURE 3:00PM"

I take a double look... what? Really? My flight got delayed to 3! What the heck?

I ask the Southwest guy behind the counter why the flight is delayed, and he looks at me strange, "It's not delayed, it leaves at 3pm". I look again at the screen and look back at him. "But, I read on my phone last night that it leaves at 11:40am. I have it right here!"

I pull up my confirmation email..... and I couldn't believe I did that. I totally misread my flight info and read Stephen's departing info from San Diego instead of mine.

DOH!

::Deep breath::

::Trying not to think about how I could have slept in instead of only getting 6 hours sleep like I did::

::Another deep breath::

So I check in, purse and camera bag in hand and I step away from the counter, kind of in shock. I'm so not used to being early anywhere, let alone 4 hours early, so I just sit there kind of stunned, like, what do I do now to kill time?

The first thing I see is something familiar.... Starbucks.... step 1, go get caffeine. So I ordered my Venti Green Tea Latte and sat at a table in front and pulled out my laptop. Sure, I could do work, but for once, I actually got caught up before I left. Sure, I could stress, but as I sit here and watch people walk by and listen to "It's a wonderful life" being sang behind me, I just take another deep breath and realize, you know what, I have a choice..... I could stress and complain about the extra 4 hours I have to do nothing.... or I can be thankful that I wasn't 4 hours late and that for this temporary moment in life, I have time to simply, "Be still and know that I am God" as He reminds us in Psalm 46:10.

Being still is something I feel like I haven't done in my life in a few months. For someone who isn't a natural planner, yes, wedding planning is stressful for me. On top of trying to run a business, on top all the natural changes that come with being engaged, on top of a busy wedding season, on top of the holidays coming up, on top of trying to get ready to go out of town, on top of the private things going on in my life that yes, I do keep off the blog..... being still has become a stranger to me.

So I sit here and look around the airport lobby watching people getting their Starbucks, or sitting in the green rocking chairs that the airport provides to welcome it's visitors to the South, or people frantically running to security, and others hugging their loved ones goodbye, and others welcoming their new arrival with excitement... I simply sit here and choose to be still in this moment and just observe the life swirling around me. And to be thankful for this moment in my life where I can be still. And to be thankful for another day the Lord has given me to experience this life and travel to a fun new place.

Because really, life is a choice. Are we going to clutter it with busyness and complaints, or are we going to choose to have moments to be still and be thankful for what we are given in life? I'm trying to work on the latter.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous lila said...

such wise words fro such young woman...be still my heart!
if everyone did think for one moment like you do...life would be so much more enjoyable...and we would have a world full of joyful thankful souls...I will take you advice and just stop for today...even if for 10 minutes...I will stop.
By the way you have a really lovely blog!
hugs
Lila

November 4, 2010 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Lila! Thank you! Truly! Love your name!

November 4, 2010 at 5:57 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Not to mention your precious Mama who dropped everything she was doing to rush over to pick you up to take you to the airport!! I have never seen anybody get ready so fast and look so fabulous! She is amazing and so loves you!! You are blessed and I know you know that! Hope you are having a wonderful time.

November 5, 2010 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger Jaren said...

Aww :) I'm sure you enjoyed your extra time...getting to do all the cool stuff normal people do, blog hop, actually spend time checking out updates of fb, read a book, etc. Have fun in Nashville!!! (I shoulda thought quicker and planned to meet up with you guys...my Mr and I need some "6 month anni shots) :)

November 5, 2010 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger Jaren said...

Aww :) I'm sure you enjoyed your extra time...getting to do all the cool stuff normal people do, blog hop, actually spend time checking out updates of fb, read a book, etc. Have fun in Nashville!!! (I shoulda thought quicker and planned to meet up with you guys...my Mr and I need some "6 month anni shots) :)

November 5, 2010 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger Aunt Angie said...

Scarlett--thank you so much for taking the time to show us around your beautiful home! Connie and I had a wonderful time with your incredible mom! The book you made her after your dad passed away is the most precious thing I've seen! She shared her heart, home and YOU with us!

We are very thankful!

I hope your trip is full of His sweetest!

November 6, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.