..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: The marathon... through my iPhone.
BlogMenu

Mar 2, 2010

The marathon... through my iPhone.

I still can't believe I did it.

I ran a marathon just over a week ago.

Never in a million years would I have seen myself doing that. But I did it. I actually did it.

The day before the marathon, my mom and I cruised around the marathon expo full of lots of pink booths selling running clothes. She pointed to a cute pink tank top that said "I love running."

"Oh, that's perfect for you, you should get it," my mom said.

I just laughed.

"It's cute," I said back, "But to be honest, I don't love running. I actually hate it. I can't wait until this dang marathon is over!"

Long walks, I love, running and gasping for air while my legs burn and my feet ache, nope, running I could pass on. But in addition to running the marathon in my dad's honor, I wanted to do a marathon to prove to myself, if I can run a marathon, I can do ANYTHING through Christ Who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13). This wasn't just a challenge physically for me, it was a challenge spiritually for my own personal faith and journey that I daily take each step with the Lord. I did this so that anytime in the future I come to the Lord in prayer full of doubt and worry, I want Him to throw back in my face "I helped you run a marathon, now let me accomplish this next impossible thing through you." It was, uh, my own version of Him parting the Red Sea, I guess.

What an amazing experience Sunday was. I took my iPhone and filmed bits and pieces throughout the day to put together this video recap for you to experience the sights and sounds with me. Knowing me, I'll probably never run another marathon, so I wanted to remember every gasping breath, every aching step, every cheerleader along the way believing in me when I didn't believe in myself.

If you've never run a marathon, I invite you to watch this exhilarating experience and run along with me. I apologize ahead of time for the sea sickness holding my iPhone while I ran and walked, but here is me as raw as I can get. Without any make up. Hair just tossed up. Zits and sweat and all. Tears and all. But it was worth every painful mile running for your loved ones on the back of my t-shirt. Running to FINISH cancer. Running for my mom. Running for my dad. Running for what felt impossible, but being reminded that with the joy of the Lord as my strength (Nehemiah 8:10), ALL things are possible.

And a big THANK YOU to those who reached in your wallets and helped me to raise my goal of $1000. It was so exciting to be able to tell founder of the marathon,Donna Deegan, about your thoughtfulness in person when I saw her along the race.



http://www.vimeo.com/9846017

Labels:

25 Comments:

Blogger Courtney Reece said...

Congratulations on finishing this race. Its an incredibly inspiring video and I've been contemplating trying a half marathon coming up in May. I think you've convinced me to do it! :)

March 2, 2010 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

this is one of my favorite posts of yours yet! i LOVE that you recorded your experience first hand. that is something you're going to hold onto and go back and watch over and over again just relive the journey. congratulations on your full marathon!! the Lord saw you through to the end...and oh the joy! congrats, girl!

March 2, 2010 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger ~~ K said...

Scarlett, I am so proud of you! Your video was awesome and it was so amazing to see what strength it really takes to complete a marathon. You're an inspiration! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Karen - from FTP JAX

March 2, 2010 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger Whit said...

There is no feeling like powering over that finish line, is there? Congrats on your race, so inspiring!

March 2, 2010 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger Rene Williams said...

Another oscar wining performance! Thank you for running for all of us who traveled through the valley of the shadow of death..........get thee from us cancer!

Love Mamma

March 2, 2010 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger Mariah Jarvis said...

You are amazing! Your daddy is proud of you! Your mom and family have to be proud also!! Never let that feeling go and remember you made it no matter the time and the pain you did it!!!!

March 2, 2010 at 1:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amazing...... <3

March 2, 2010 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger Megan J said...

Thanks for documenting your journey. Such an inspiring video. I'm sure your dad (& mom) are so proud of you!

March 2, 2010 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger Megan J said...

Thanks for documenting your journey. Such an inspiring video. I'm sure your dad (& mom) are so proud of you!

March 2, 2010 at 2:56 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Very cool and admirable...congratulations to you!

March 2, 2010 at 4:36 PM  
Blogger Jamie Koluch said...

You are such an inspiration, Scarlett! What you did was amazing! You had me crying from watching your video. Thank you for sharing it with all of us. God Bless you in all you do!!

March 2, 2010 at 4:54 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I really enjoyed your video Scarlett! It made me teary, I'm so happy you finished, and I know everyone is soooooo proud of you!! It's amazing, and thank you for documenting it and sharing it with us.

March 2, 2010 at 5:35 PM  
Blogger Kerri McConnell Photography said...

Scarlett - I cried through your entire video. I'm so very proud to call you my friend. Your daddy was with you every step of the way. WAY TO GO GIRL! :)

March 2, 2010 at 6:10 PM  
Blogger amy said...

Totally inspiring. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on conquering!!

March 2, 2010 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Scarlett that was AMAZING!! As you approached the finish line I just started crying! So proud of you! Congratulations!

March 2, 2010 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Donadio Photography said...

Congratulations!! You inspire us all...you are amazing

March 2, 2010 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks for sharing the tears with me! :-)

March 2, 2010 at 9:48 PM  
Blogger Kelly Holder said...

Proud of you, girl!! That was inspiring to watch!
Kelly

March 3, 2010 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger judieannphotography said...

Congratulations on finishing the marathon and not giving up!!! This video is so inspiring, thank you!!! You did your dad proud and I am sure he is looking down at you with the biggest smile on earth!! You rock girl!

March 3, 2010 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Scarlett...I seriously just cried, smiled, laughed, cried some more, cried even more, and then rejoiced with you while watching this video! Truly incredible and overwhelmingly inspiring! You are such an amazing woman and all of us could learn from your persevering spirit! The scripture you had on teh back of your shirt was the same scripture my brother spoke over my grandfather when he passed away from cancer in December. I only hope to finish the race as well as your father and my grandfather did! Much love sister

March 3, 2010 at 10:52 PM  
Blogger Charlotte Wedding Photographer - The Schultzes said...

wow, scarlett - that was incredible. congratulations to you...I was in tears as you crossed the finish line - what an awesome accomplishment.

March 4, 2010 at 10:04 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Congrats!! How long did you train for?

March 5, 2010 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

I started back in September! But kind of slacked around the holidays with the cold and good eating!

March 5, 2010 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Um, Wow Scarlett! I'm in tears! I somehow stumbled upon your blog a long time ago, but I've never posted. You're an awesome chick and amazing for running/walking 26.2!! Donna is a relative of mine and I know that aside from being a local reporter, she's just like everyone else... wishing cancer away from this earth. It was SO inspiring watching your video of finishing the race regardless of your physical and emotional pain. Awesome job! God bless! :D

March 7, 2010 at 11:46 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Wheeew... Holy Spirit fire while watching your video! Came across this post while looking up marathon info for my own journey this October. I just knew God sent me here for a reason. Thank you so much for sharing your story- it was just beautiful. Thank you!

May 6, 2010 at 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.