..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Scarlett Lillian Workshop: Day 1
BlogMenu

Feb 11, 2010

Scarlett Lillian Workshop: Day 1

Wow.

Again, simply, wow. I miss my workshop girls. This past weekend was such a beautiful time getting to know the heart of 20 amazing women.

It's funny how when I made the announcement and launched my workshop, I got some hate emails. Naturally. Vicious horrible "mean girl" type of things from other photographers in this industry. All those fears ran through my mind "Maybe they are right, who am I to think I can host a workshop?"

But instead I chose to delete those emails and not respond because I remembered, I thought that those same things first starting out. "Who am I to think I can be a photographer?" And here I am three years later blessed with an amazing photography business!

I talked a lot about this in the workshop... overcoming adversity when the critics try to tear you down... not letting other people stop you from trying to live your dream... As I watched tears stream down the girls' faces in the room as I spoke, I knew, I wasn't alone. Though we all encounter obstacles in chasing our dreams, I wanted to create a workshop where women could come together to be each other's biggest cheerleaders. To tell each other, you were BORN for this. To celebrate how fabulous God made each and every one of us. To maximize each of our potential and stop getting in the way of ourselves. Because often I've found, it's ourselves who are our own worst critics.

So to kick off the first night, I held a Little Black Dress party full of great heels and cupcakes and feather boas. Women don't have enough excuses to dress up. I was so proud too of the women who shared that they never wear fancy dresses or heels, but just for this party, they decided to live it up and go buy something new for themselves.

As part of the party, I had a photobooth where all got together to be silly and embrace our fabulousness! I was excited to see how quickly the girls become new friends with each other. They are all BEAUTIFUL women from the inside out. Remember their faces, because they are about to rock the photography world and make some waves!



Here's some of my favorite pics!


And a cutesy slideshow!





More pictures of the photoshoots to come!! :-) Stay tuned! Also, after how much fun I had with this workshop, I definitely want to host another one in the future. If you want to be the first to be informed when I release dates for registration, scroll down to the bottom of my blog and sign up on my newsletter. Newsletter peeps will get the chance to sign up for the workshop first before it's released on the blog! :-)

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Anonymous copyright police said...

did you teach your workshop "girls" to use copywritten music for their slideshows, too?

February 11, 2010 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

You make a great point. I don't ever use copywritten music in my clients slideshows, but didn't think it would be a big deal for this one. But I would rather be safe than sorry, so I've changed the song to one of my royalty free songs I previously downloaded from TripleScoopMusic.com. Thanks for looking out for me Copyright Police! :-)

February 11, 2010 at 10:08 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

haha! cute!

February 11, 2010 at 10:18 PM  
Blogger Kayla Mercedes said...

yay! that was so much fun Scarlett! and everyone looked so cute! can't wait to see the rest of your pics!!! i had a blast at the workshop and learned so, so, SO much!!!

February 11, 2010 at 10:25 PM  
Blogger amie said...

What!! WHy would someone right "hate" email over this. Anyone who would do this is obviously jealous. Thats just crazy! Scarlett, you are amazing and doing great things!! Keep it up!! Maybe one day I will get to do a workshop.

February 11, 2010 at 10:51 PM  
Anonymous Melissa Copeland said...

awesome. i can't wait to hear about the next one.. hope it's sometime in the fall!!! i'm saving up my money right....NOW. haha
on a sad note...the first comment on this post was from someone being negative.. apparently your so fabulous that people just sit at home waiting for you to post on your blog so they can be negative. wow. very sad.
xoxo
melissa

February 11, 2010 at 11:44 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Um, yeah, for realz. Craziness.

I definitely hope to meet you one day Melissa! Big hug!

February 11, 2010 at 11:46 PM  
Anonymous Jerralyn said...

You teaching is a huge step backwards for the teaching field in general. I can't believe people paid you money for this. And no, I'm not jealous. I'm appalled.

February 12, 2010 at 12:44 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Jerralyn, what's so wrong with helping other people?

February 12, 2010 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Jaren said...

Awww!!! I love it!!!! PB's are so much fun!!!! Love the glam, love the cupcakes, love the gorgeous gals, and totally cracked up at the crazy comments above!!! (Seriously are we still in Jr High?!?) OMG, so creative Scar! I was just thinking as I opened my inbox this AM that I love my little "Scarlett Lillian" post notifications...always something new, exciting and inspiring! XOXO!

February 12, 2010 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

The negative comments make me laugh and feel sorry for the person writing them as they are apparently so miserable they have to spend the time to try and drag you down when the post has nothing to do with them. Kuddos to you Scarlett for not letting the man bring you down! And if you're so appalled commenter, why are you following her blog? :)

February 12, 2010 at 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Lindsay C said...

You are such a darling spirit! So uplifting and delightful. I admire your photos, but even more so I admire your faith. I hope to someday attend a Scarlett Lillian workshop. Don't mind the haters.

A good man out of the treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. Luke 6:45

February 12, 2010 at 7:20 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Great verse Lindsay! :-)

February 12, 2010 at 7:23 PM  
Anonymous Amy said...

I'm pretty surprised at the level of animosity others have for you. I'm not a photographer, but I read your blog because I find you to be entertaining, and I do love your pictures. You know, my boss always tells me that people have a natural desire to help others, but I have found that once you reach a certain level in your professional life, some people have a natural desire to bring you down. You seem very strong in the way that you respond (or in some cases, don't respond) to the negativity, but I just felt compelled to give you a little positive feedback because I know how sometimes the negative tends to stick with us longer than the positive. Keep up the good work, and continue to help others in their quest for success - the karma that you will earn will come back to you 10-fold!

February 12, 2010 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

thanks Amy!!!

February 12, 2010 at 10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If these pictures are examples of what the instructor shot I have no idea what she was teaching people. These are terrible!

February 13, 2010 at 12:17 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

It was our fun welcome party! I explain it in the text of the blog. What's your favorite cupcake flavor Anonymous? We'll save you one next time! :-)

February 13, 2010 at 12:52 AM  
Anonymous Alie said...

Haters suck, but it's so fun to brush them off. Got married last year and I still follow your blog..great stuff. I am starting my own wedding planning business and def. use your site for inspiration, so thanks!

February 13, 2010 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Alie, do you have a website for your wedding planning biz? I would love to hear more about it! You can email me directly too! :-)

February 13, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.