..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Scarlett Lillian Workshop: Meet Dixie Dobbins, Amy Gibbons, &
BlogMenu

Feb 1, 2010

Scarlett Lillian Workshop: Meet Dixie Dobbins, Amy Gibbons, &

Today I bring you, not 1, but 3 interviews of some of the amazing women coming to my workshop! With the workshop quickly approaching this weekend, I had to squeeze in 3 of the lovely ladies to make sure everyone gets blogged before Friday gets here!

First up is sweet Dixie Dobbins!! Can I say how stinkin' excited I am to see Dixie again? She's already participated in my old "Spend A Day With Scarlett" one-on-one workshop, and I'm sooooo thrilled that she is returning for my now group workshop! She has one of the most giving hearts I know and has become like a special angel in my life. I just know each person at the workshop will be blessed by meeting Dixie and her big Texan heart!





1. Name:
Dixie Dobbins

2. Website:
www.PhotosByDixie.com

3. Blog:
wwwDixie.blogspot.com

4. Twitter:
twitter.com/PicsBydix

5. Where are you coming from?
Texas

6. What 3 words describe your photography?
Creative, honest and posed.

7. What do you love most to photograph?
High school Seniors

8. If you could photograph anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
Marilyn Monroe.

9. What does fabulous mean to you?
To live to the fullest and be the very best you, you can be everyday!

10. If you were on a deserted island, what three things would you want with you?
Pictures of my kids, my Canon 5D and a yacht, so I could get off the island. Lol!

11. Who is your hero and why?
It’s a toss up between my husband, son and dad. Because they are all three very tough, smart and know how to hang in there when the going gets tough.

12. If they made a movie of your life, what actress would you want to play you, and what would the title of your movie be?
Virginia Madsen. “ Leap of Faith”

13. What’s your favorite flavor of cupcakes?
Milk chocolate, the darker the chocolate the better.

14. When you give thanks, what is on top of your list?
For my children!

15. What is one valuable thing you have learned as a photographer that you can pay forward to those reading this?
Never stop learning, after 23 years I still learn everyday!


***************

Next up is Amy Gibbons. And ok, when I first saw Amy's picture, it completely made me cry. But a good cry in memory of my dad!





1. Name:
Amy L. Gibbons

2. Website:
N/A

3. Blog:
www.stillframesphotography.com

4. Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amygibbons

5. Where are you coming from?
Camden, NC

6. What 3 words describe your photography?
Vintage-esque, Colorful, Modern

7. What do you love most to photograph?
Besides weddings, Trash the Dress sessions. I’m always down for a good time with a bride who is up for anything crazy when it comes to trashing it! I’ve been known to sit in filthy dirt a few times, get soaked by waves, & shoot in snake infested areas…all for a great shot!

8. If you could photography anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
Janis Joplin. She had such a raw, amazing voice; crazy clothes; colorful cars & an ultra-cool awkwardness to her.

9. What does fabulous mean to you?
Feeling great, being happy with who you are & what you’ve accomplished up to that point & being excited for the many possibilities to come!

10. If you were on a deserted island, what three things would you want with you?
My animals, Bo (my boyfriend), & a ton of books!

11. Who is your hero and why?
Hands down, my parents. They’ve never ever stopped me from pursuing degrees, dreams or crazy ideas! I grew up being told “you can do anything you put your mind to, no such word as “can’t” and do what makes you happy.” Amazing advice to live by! When I wanted to start this business my Dad funded it 120%...no questions asked. They’re my “go to” people for all my business advice, indecisions & new ideas!

12. If they made a movie of your life, what actress would you want to play you, and what would the title of your movie be?
Hmmmm…I guess Drew Barrymore and the title would be “Time is Money” because I’m always chasing after them & never have enough of both!

13. What’s your favorite flavor of cupcakes?
Chocolate all the way!

14. When you give thanks, what is on top of your list?
My parents.

15. What is one valuable thing you have learned as a photographer that you can pay forward to those reading this?
Don’t be afraid to say “NO!” You can’t shoot everything nor please everyone. Find who you are as a photographer, be unique, and stay true to that. Don’t let your work take over your life or take you away from the ones who matter most to you…you never know what tomorrow holds.



***************

Lastly, today, I bring you Jerri Lynn with her cute dog!





1. Name:
Jerri Lynn Merritt

2. Website:
www.photographybyjerrilynn.com

3. Blog:
I’m working on it really I am ;o)

4. Twitter:
I’m not this cool yet!

5. Where are you coming from?
Felda, FL

6. What 3 words describe your photography?
Fun - Romantic - Natural

7. What do you love most to photograph?
Weddings, I just love the romance and happiness of the day.

8. If you could photography anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
Gosh this one stumped me........ I just don’t know. I think I would have took more photographs of my grandfather and father before they passed. I just don’t have that many of them.

9. What does fabulous mean to you?
The look on a woman’s face when she sees her photos for the first time.... Is that really me? You betcha!

10. If you were on a deserted island, what three things would you want with you?
My boyfriend Glen because he is such a loving provider and can handle all situations {food,water,etc...} and build us the coolest shelter {think Swiss Family Robinson}, the I-Phone for entertainment and my camera. Finally a vacation!

11. Who is your hero and why?
I would have to say my grandfather because with just a 4th grade formal education he was so smart and skilled. He never let anyone or anything stand between him and his dreams and ultimate success. He created a wonderful life for my grandmother and they were able to travel together in their later years. He was the rock who kept our family grounded. He passed on September 12, 2001 after a long hard battle with cancer but his legacy and drive lives on in the members of our family.

12. If they made a movie of your life, what actress would you want to play you, and what would the title of your movie be?
Ok, well I think Meg Ryan would make a pretty good me and I would title the movie “The Long and Winding Road” like the song. The road to where I am now from where I came from has been very bumpy with a lot of pot holes along the way.

13. What’s your favorite flavor of cupcakes?
Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting! Yummy....

14. When you give thanks, what is on top of your list?
My family and my Glen. They encourage me to follow my dreams and never give up.

15. What is one valuable thing you have learned as a photographer that you can pay forward to those reading this?
Follow your heart. You are only as good as the good you do for others. I have adopted our local nursing home and twice a year I go in and photograph the resident on a Sunday afternoon. The joy I see in their faces is so rewarding that I can hardly wait to deliver their photos.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.