..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Merry Christmas 2009!
BlogMenu

Dec 25, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009!

I hope you aren't on your computer or iPhone reading this on Christmas day, and instead spending time with your family... but if you are, I just wanted to say a BIG Merry Christmas! I pray that God blesses your day as we all celebrate the birth of our savior jesus Christ. He is the true reason for the season.

I wanted to share with you this special Christmas card I made this year for my mom and I that we sent out. (Granted, these pics were taken with my iPhone, so please excuse the bad lighting!) We wanted to do something to honor my dad's memory. This time last year, as we spent our last Christmas with him, my mom, in her super-obsessed-having-to-match-everything-in-her-wardrobe way, bought us all matching Christmas pajamas and slippers to wear. But I didn't care that it broke all fashion rules, I was just glad to have my dad here one more year to hug and take a picture with. It was then two short months later he went to spend his remaining Christmases with Jesus.







For those who have also lost someone, we got sent this special poem that I wanted to share with you. I hope it helps comfort the one you are missing today:


Christmas in Heaven

I see the countless CHRISTMAS TREES around the world below
with tiny lights like HEAVEN’S STARS reflecting on the snow.

The sight is so SPECTACULAR please wipe away that tear
for I am spending CHRISTMAS WITH JESUS CHRIST this year.

I hear the many CHRISTMAS SONGS that people hold so dear
but the SOUND OF MUSIC can't compare with the CHRISTMAS CHOIR up here.

I have no words to tell you of the JOY their voices bring
for it is beyond description to HEAR THE ANGELS SING.

I know HOW MUCH YOU MISS ME, I see the pain inside your heart
for I am spending CHRISTMAS WITH JESUS CHRIST this year.

I can't tell you of the SPLENDOR or the PEACE here in this place
Can you just imagine CHRISTMAS WITH OUR SAVIOR face to face

I'll ask him to LIFT YOUR SPIRIT as I tell him of your love
so then PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER as you lift your eyes above.

Please let your HEARTS BE JOYFUL and let your SPIRIT SING
for I am spending CHRISTMAS IN HEAVEN and I’m walking WITH THE KING.

~ by Wanda Bencke
© Copyright 1999


Lastly, I get the honor of sharing my birthday with Jesus, and today I turned the big 2-9! Eek, one year away from 30! I just wanted to say a special THANK YOU to all who have been texting, facebooking, Twittering, & emailing your beautiful birthday wishes! I pray you all have a blessed CHRISTmas!

:-)

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Michael Smith- West Palm Beach said...

Happy Birthday & Merry Christmas! Thank you for sharing your family with us over the year and for giving a fellow photographer more inspiration.

December 25, 2009 at 8:40 AM  
Blogger saundra, event engineer said...

Scarlett, it's been awhile since I visited your bog. I remember crying when I read your posts when your Dad passed. It was so moving. I stopped what I was doing and went and hugged my own Dad.

Little did I know that 6 short months later, my Dad passed away from cancer that we didn't know he had. He went so quick. August 27, 2009.

Just wanted you to know that documenting your life helped someone else. Life's a big circle, no?

Happy birthday and thinking of you on your first Christmas without your Dad.

December 25, 2009 at 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Dawn McCarthy said...

Scarlett, I thought of you today and it made me smile to see this image of you and your Dad (and Mom) regardless of the iPhone snap. It's the memory that matters! And for the record...I love the matching pajamas! ;-) Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to you and Our Lord! XOXO, Dawn M.

December 25, 2009 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger Charlotte Wedding Photographer - The Schultzes said...

love this christmas card. thanks for sharing. :)

and happy birthday to you, Scarlett!

December 25, 2009 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger Jerry in Tampa said...

Happy Birthday Scarlett!!!! What a wonderful poem that we all can take comfort in as we all have those that have received their ultimate healing.... Have a super 2010!

December 26, 2009 at 4:03 AM  
Anonymous april said...

Happy belated birthday. December 25 is the day we "celebrate" Jesus' birth. Scholars believe he was actually born around September 21. Christians adopted traditions from Pagan celebrations of the rebirth of their sun god, which we know does not exist.

December 26, 2009 at 1:03 PM  
Blogger Jaime said...

Happy Birthday Scarlett! What an honor to share such a special birthday! Perfect gift times two! :) Also, 30 isn't that bad...I just turned 30 one week before your big day and it's been good so far. I will keep you posted in case something dreadful happens...30...can you believe it! Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas! Blessings!

December 26, 2009 at 4:36 PM  
Blogger Lydia said...

Happy B'day Scarlett! Love the card!

December 26, 2009 at 9:48 PM  
Anonymous Maya Laurent said...

What a beautiful Christmas card. I'd say that's a pretty awesome birthday to share.

December 27, 2009 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks everyone! Big hug! :-)

December 27, 2009 at 10:19 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Scarlett-
This post was well needed and that card is absolutly perfect! I just lost 2 of my grandparents this year, my husbands "second father" and his mom (the second father's mom). It was a very hard 2009 for my family and trying to explain death to my 3 young children.
Thank you so much for this poem. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I wish I could make it to one of your workshops! Maybe next year...

HAPPY NEW YEAR SCARLETT!

December 29, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.