..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: The ultimate gift.
BlogMenu

Oct 5, 2009

The ultimate gift.

I feel like a goob.

So a few days ago, I received a big box in the mail from my new friend Dixie from Texas, who recently came to spend the day with me, and she accidentally took home my video light in her camera bag. She told me she was mailing it back to me, so when I received the box last week, I sent her a quick email to say thanks for returning the light.

But the thing is, I didn't open the box when I got it, I just placed it on my dining room table to open later while thinking "Geez, she sent such a big box for such a small video light."

A few days passed, I still hadn't opened the box. I didn't need my video light for the time being, so I just kept passing by the box on my table as the box sat there, and sat there. Until just a few minutes ago, I was trying to clean up my place while the electricity was out and I finally grabbed my scissors to open the box, half in the dark.

OH. MY. GOSH.

I was totally surprised!

Inside the UPS box waited not just my video light, but an overflow of pink-a-liscious goodies! Dixie had gone out of her way to prepare this whole hot pink photo box inside with my favorite word "Fabulous" on it in rhinestones. Inside the pink box was a pink hat and a pink cross and other pink knick knacks. I was definitely in pink heaven! But more importantly, Dixie wrote the most beautiful letter that brought tears to my eyes. For the past week, I had been stressed over a lot of office business stuff going wrong with two harddrives crashing (which praise Jesus they came back after a ton of prayer!), and just other life things stressing me out. All the while, this box with the most precious encouraging words inside sat there waiting as I was too busy to take a moment and just open the box.

As I was taking pictures of all the fabulous details Dixie put her heart into, I was thinking how much this box is like the Bible and how often it sits in our homes unread when there is such an incredible gift inside. How God's word explains the gift of salvation Jesus wants to give us. It's like, He is standing there waiting, holding out His hands waiting to give us this box of eternal riches. But a lot of the time, we are too busy or too stressed trying to do life on our own, that we don't realize by accepting His gift, and allowing Him to take control, that life is so much more fulfilling and purposeful. Jesus is waiting to surprise us with the greater treasures of this life and beyond that He wants to give us, but first, we have to be the ones to stop and open his box and simply accept His gift.

Here's a few pics of Dixie's sweets presents! What a sweet woman she is. There need to be more people in the world like Dixie. I just adore her!








p.s. Later tonight.......

So as I went to take Rhett on a walk and throw the box away, I reached in and found ONE more thing inside the UPS box. It was a container of tennis balls that Dixie sent for Rhett! Tennis balls are Rhett's FAVORITE thing in the whole wide world. He has a collection of tennis balls he has stolen around the tennis court we live on. I thought that was so sweet of Dixie to send Rhett a present too! Soooo cute!


Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Mariana said...

Beautiful post! Thank you for sharing, I really needed to hear words like that, right about now. :) You are absolutely right, too often we are too busy to realize what we have right in front of us. God is so patient with us!!
Enjoy your pretty, pink, gifts! :)
God bless!

October 5, 2009 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger Brittney said...

how fun! that is amazing - love the analogy of the box and the bible... so true

October 5, 2009 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger Rene Williams said...

DIXIE IS DARLING!!!!!!!!!!

What a precious heart she has. I just love how God uses different people in our lives for "angel assignments" to reach us with truths that are sometimes forgotten.

My greatest wish for all who read your blog.........open the box and open your hearts to the greatest treasure on earth - God's love. Don't let that bible get dusty.

Have a heavenly day!

Mamma

October 5, 2009 at 10:18 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Im Glad I made you smile Miss Scarlett (and Rhett too, he is smiling isnt he? as best a poodle can smile!) And Renee, I cant wait to meet you too. Ive laughed and cried with you via your blog and Scarletts. You southern ladies are definetly cut from the same cloth as I am. We need to get together some time! Renee, feel free to email me anytime,I think your the Cats Meow! Youve got a pretty special daughter there! You raised her right and shes so special. And the idea to name a future granddaughter Dixie, well of course thats a great idea I cant argue with! My daddy named me, Dixie Lee Sims and its a great name. Scarletts dad had great taste as you do! Thanks for being you and for throwing your love into the wind! Gods Blessings,
Dixie Lee

October 5, 2009 at 11:32 PM  
Blogger Cheryl Joy said...

How lovely.

I like how you compared it to the bible. So true.

October 6, 2009 at 8:57 AM  
Anonymous Cathy Crawley said...

Awww, that is possibly the sweetest thing of all! How gorgeous is Dixi!!!

October 13, 2009 at 1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.