..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad
BlogMenu

Oct 4, 2009

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad





Today my parents would have celebrated their 34th wedding anniversary.

My grandparents are moving and in the midst of my mom helping her mom pack, they found my mom's cake topper from her wedding cake. My grandma said she was saving it to give to me for my wedding day, but with the move, she said I might as well have it now. God only knows if I'll ever get married at this rate, but I loved receiving the cake topper for all that it symbolized.

No, my parents marriage wasn't perfect, it was certainly a roller coaster ride to watch as I grew up, but ultimately, it taught me that marriage is always worth sticking it out until the end. No matter what, for better or worse, for rich or for poor, in sickness and in health. Especially sickness. Though the last year of my dad's life was the hardest year our family has experienced, it was the most beautiful in how I saw the strength of my parents love more than I ever had before. I saw in that last year that love isn't the perfect Hollywood "and they lived happily ever after" ending.

Love is crying together when you hear the news. Love is taking your partner to chemo. Love is finding them attractive when they have no hair. Love is stroking their hand when all is left is skin and bones. Love is changing their clothes when they have no strength left. Love is continuing to make them food even when they have no appetite to eat for weeks. Love is creating a blog to ask the world to pray for them. Love is holding their hand and singing them sweet songs about Jesus as they take their last breath.

Getting to witness the beauty of the end of my parents marriage as my dad went home with the Lord, it made me appreciate that much more the beauty of the beginning of each marriage that I have the privilege to document as a wedding photographer. I believe there is no greater gift the Lord has created than the gift of marriage.

My mom wrote a sweet letter to my dad on her blog. You can read the tearjerker at:

http://bluebutterflymoments.blogspot.com

Happy Anniversary mom and dad!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Heather Thorne said...

Oh Scarlett, how sweet! I'm thinking of and praying for you and your mom today. What a beautiful way to honor their day. And honestly, I needed to read this. :) Very encouraging!
Hugs to you girl - our fun Dallas weekend can't come soon enough!

p.s. You WILL be enjoying that cake topper some day on your own cake. I just know it.

October 4, 2009 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger {annie_loo} @ The Farrar Four said...

Thinking of you and sweet Rene. What a wonderful post you each did in his honor and in honor of their marriage.

I can't wait for the day when we see that toppper on YOUR cake. It WILL come! :)

Love to you!

October 4, 2009 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Gabe and Staci said...

Such a sweet post.

Totally random...but that cake topper is the exact same one my parents had and they gave it to me too! I didnt use it for my wedding, but when I saw that picture I couldn't believe it!! :)

October 4, 2009 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Lolol. That's so funny about the cake topper!

October 4, 2009 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger Cali said...

It gives me such hope to know that there are still some that believe a love like that is possible. What a great example your parents set for you.

Cali S

October 5, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.