..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: The next chapter.
BlogMenu

Aug 11, 2009

The next chapter.

Ahhhhh, there have been a lot of tears the past few days.

I just changed my relationship status on Facebook. Wow, that was so hard to change, especially when you still care so deeply for the other person. The one thing that I regret about putting my life and love life public on a blog is how hard it is to admit when things don't end up happily ever after.

So I just want to give closure to an open topic I've been writing about the past almost 6 months. Mark and I are now going our separate ways. I still think the world of him, he was nothing but wonderful to me, and he will forever remain my hero in how graciously he held me and let me cry on his shoulder during the passing of my father and the grieving months that followed. We shared a lot of beautiful memories and I am a better woman because of his love. I pray nothing but great things for him.

It's so scary to start over not knowing where the path leads that lies ahead. But I'm clinging to the Lord's hand and trusting He will provide enough light for each step I'm on. Carrie Underwood sings it best in the video below:

"There's been some bad times I've been through
Some damage I cannot undo
Some things I wish I could do all over again
But it don't matter
Life gets that much harder
It makes you that much stronger

Every tear that had to fall from my eyes
Every day I wondered how I would get through the night
Every change that life has thrown me
I'm thankful for every break in my heart
I'm grateful for every start
Some pages turned
Some bridges burned
But they were lessons learned."




Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Laura Lu said...

hugs, sweetie! i'll be praying for both of you in the coming days/weeks.

sigh...

August 11, 2009 at 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Heather Thorne said...

You are loved. I know this is so hard. Praying for you BOTH.

August 11, 2009 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger KB said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful song- so true. We go through all the hurt, pain, love and loss and it makes us who we are. If anything changes then we would not be what we are. What a great attitude! I wish you the best Scarlett and thank you for finding your strength and hope in what God has for you! I needed to hear those words today- thanks for being a little angel :)

August 11, 2009 at 1:44 PM  
Anonymous jessica claire said...

I'm so sorry scarlett. that's so hard--believe me, i know! but you know what, God has a plan for you, and this is a good thing because now you're even closer to being with the person you are supposed to be with! i would never have been ready for Jeff had I not been through the past 5 years of my life. xo

August 11, 2009 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Grief is the chance you take for loving someone. As hard as it is, just remember you're a better person for the experience. And remember God puts people in our lives for a purpose -- just think of the purpose that has been fulfilled by you having Mark in it. I dont know you personally but I feel like I do since I so faithfully read your blog. My prayers are with you.

August 11, 2009 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger Jaren said...

Best of luck to you, sweet girl...xo

August 11, 2009 at 7:07 PM  
Anonymous Cathy Crawley said...

Oh Scarlett, I 'm so sorry to hear that things did not work out for you and Mark. I can't say anymore as I think the best words of support are in that song :) xxx

August 11, 2009 at 8:50 PM  
Blogger amie said...

Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with his love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."

August 11, 2009 at 11:21 PM  
Blogger Nancy Remling said...

You are such a generous person. I hope we can meet sometime so I can give you a big hug!

August 12, 2009 at 12:22 AM  
Blogger Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Hey Scar! Just checked your blog and hope you are doing well.

August 12, 2009 at 12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Scarlett!! I check your blog for motivation every few days and I just can't believe it! If anybody can get through it though, it's you! Keep looking up and things will surely turn out fabulous. It's God's world, you're just living in it!! :)

August 13, 2009 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Rebs said...

Hey lovely sister, just wanted you to know that I love you & am praying for you! ♥

August 14, 2009 at 5:48 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Oh Scarlett, I've been so busy I've not been keeping up with everyone I always try to read your blog, I was telling Brent I was so glad you met Mark when you did, that PROVES God always puts people in your life for different reasons some for a short time some forever but they all leave impressions in your heart.
I'm sure you will find THE ONE that is perfect for you.
XOXOXOXO
Monica

August 20, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.