..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: The big news!
BlogMenu

Aug 7, 2009

The big news!


I loved this card my mom gave me so much that I framed it and it sits next to a picture of her and I on my table next to my couch. It's cool to think back to when she gave it to me a long time ago and see how true the quote has become.


Earlier this week I Twittered that I had some BIG news to share soon... Immediately, everyone thought I had something glittery on my hand. I apparently opened up a can of worms, so to clear things up:

I'm not engaged.

Trust me, when that happens, that will be news I can't keep in. ;-) In the meantime, Mark and I had a good laugh about everyone's response on Twitter and Facebook.

For the real news, I had to wait until Pictage made the official announcement, which is:

I got chosen to be a speaker at PartnerCon 2009! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

When I first heard the news, I was a mix of emotions. First, I wanted to jump up and down and throw up at the same time. I was so honored to be chosen amongst some of the best in the industry, but this meant, I have no choice, now I HAVE to confront my stage fright.

After jumping up and down and feeling a little nauseous, then I cried. It was moments like this I wanted to run over to my parent's house and walk in the door and grab my dad's hands and do our "circle dance" we always used to do whenever something cool happened to us. It was our little moment to stop the world around us and celebrate God's latest blessing. So I cried because I realized, this was the first time since he passed that I wanted to be able to do a circle dance with my dad, but I couldn't.

But then I smiled knowing he would be so proud. Around this time last year, I had to decide if I was going to PartnerCon 2008. Things were progressively getting worse with my dad's lung cancer, and while the big girl in me wanted to go and enjoy the event, the little girl in me just wanted to stay home and be with my dad. But, in that way my dad always believed in me, we had a long talk and he told me he wanted me to go. And though I wanted to pause life to keep him here longer, he told me that he enjoyed seeing me move on with life and how proud it made him to see me be a success. As I walked around last year's PartnerCon, I wondered if God would ever open the door of opportunity for me to be a speaker. I came home and told my dad how, despite my stage fright, it would be cool to one day get into speaking, so in hearing the news that I got chosen to for this year, I can't help but smile knowing my dad had a little say in it with the Big Guy upstairs.

So here's the details:


See you at Pictage Partner Conference 2009 New Orleans


This year PartnerCon is November 3-5 in the fun town of New Orleans and the good news is, this year it's open to ALL photographers, not just Pictage members. Also this year, they are including shooting workshops with some of my wonderful friends like Mike Colon, Sara France and more! So it's like a conference and workshop in one!

I really love PartnerCon because it's like a mini-WPPI and much more intimate. It's a really great way to meet other photographers and network and learn from some of the best in the industry. If you've never been, I really encourage you to! It completely helped my business from the knowledge I learned at the classes to the friendships I built along the way. This is a must attend event for wedding photographers!

And of course, I would love love love to have you in my class!!! My talk is called "Find the Fabulous In Each Bride & Groom" and you can read more about it here:

http://pro.pictage.com/community/ppc/neworleans/speakers.shtml#lillian

I can't wait to share with you from my heart and help you to bring out the best in your clients! I hope to see you there!!! Definitely come up and say hello, I would love to meet you!!

And for you single ladies out there, who knows, you just might be able to meet someone special there like I did last year. :-)

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's super sweet!

Great going.

Sorry about your father, that brought a tear to my eye...

August 7, 2009 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Bell said...

You always make me teary eyed,,, I bet your dad is doing the circle dance up there and hes very proud of you, im sure of it!!! :) :) CONGRATS!!!

August 7, 2009 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Brittania Garden Photoart said...

congrats girl!

August 7, 2009 at 2:12 PM  
Anonymous Bethany Ann said...

Congratulations Scarlett!!!!! You deserve it!!!! :)

August 7, 2009 at 2:12 PM  
Blogger Erica Kree said...

That is fabulous news Scarlett!! You are going to be a wonderful speaker & I know that your Dad is looking down from heaven, proud & doing the circle dance for you.
xxoo,
Erica

August 7, 2009 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger Liana said...

LOL. "jump up and down and throw up at the same time"

Glad you're coming and speaking too!

I hear you re: nervous part. The summer before my first speaking gig I lost 10 lbs and had panic attacks for 3 months.

It gets easier each time. Five years later, I have to run to the bathroom right before but I'm no longer loosing 10 lbs the months before out of fright. (Though, now that I think if it... that WOULD be nice!)

See you soon! It will be here before we know it!

August 7, 2009 at 3:14 PM  
Anonymous Teresa Curry said...

Scarlett - you are going to do great. You talk in a way that is easy for others to understand, your patient and so very talented. Just picture that you are doing your 'spend a day' just on a bit bigger audience :D

Teresa

August 7, 2009 at 3:38 PM  
Anonymous Katrina Wheeler said...

wow, you made me tear up talking about your dad. This is funny cause I did totally think you were engaged!! I saw you on the partnercon list and thought that was soooo neat! Cant wait to meet you!

August 7, 2009 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger Laura Lu said...

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY FOR YOU, Scarlett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Praise Jesus!!!!

This is such an honor for you to share your wealth of knowledge with so many! You have so much to offer. I know you will be "fabulous" and I'll be praying you through! :D

My heart was racing with excitement when I found out you got the gig!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!! :D

August 7, 2009 at 5:10 PM  
Blogger EntertainmentBlogger said...

http://juliepowell.blogspot.com/

you requested that on Twitter

@Entertaiment2u there

August 7, 2009 at 11:00 PM  
Anonymous Heather Thorne said...

Ok, so since you told me you don't have to belong to Pictage, I think I'm going! Beth texted me last night about too. We want to be there for you too - you're going to be FABULOUS!!! We'll talk more this weekend!
Congrats girl - I've already said it but it couldn't have happened to a better person!

August 11, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.