Blogging vs. Twitter vs. Facebook
Before, when something cool happened, or I got a random thought, I used to think, "Oh I can't wait to blog about this," but now, I don't blog about it because I just end up Twittering it as it's happening. So then I don't want to blog about it after it's old news. It's just hard to keep up!
I was telling Mark the other night, I hate that I write less on my blog now. I don't know if it's because I haven't felt inspired. Or I'm becoming bad at balancing my time trying to get so much work done. Or perhaps, being in a wonderful relationship with Mark, as much I want to blog all our cool adventures, I want to keep some part of my life private and just for us, you know? I actually had a bride tell me recently "I'm, um, happy that you found a great guy, but I'm not happy that you are traveling to see him so much because you don't blog as much anymore." ha! I guess it's true.
I think part of me too has been a little burned out, and some days I just feel like I'm going through the motions. Trying to move forward. Trying not to remember how my life changed in February losing a big part of my heart when my father passed. Yet trying to remember it so I won't forget. And Twittering seems like such a numbing outlet, while blogging seems like it has become overwhelming these days. At least my personal thoughts like I used to write about. I of course still love posting all the photoshoots I'm doing for clients! And I feel so blessed that I have work to keep me busy and distracted and moving forward, especially in this tough economy.
So I decided to get personal again and resurface an old Facebook favorite. I never participated in it back in the day, so here goes my take at it now:
1. I honestly hate talking about myself. I would much rather hear about you and ask you questions. So coming up with 25 things is going to be a challenge for me. Especially since I already put so much out there about me on the blog.
2. I do have other colors in my closet besides pink.
3. At 2 months old, my mom put me in a baby pageant and yes, I won Miss Baby Jacksonville.
4. I played with Barbies still LONG after I told everyone I stopped. I couldn't help it, I liked playing dress up with them.
5. I used to publish an international teen girl's Christian beauty magazine called Beautiful Girl that focused on beauty from the inside out.
6. I used to be big time into the drama club and school plays, but now I have the hugest stage fright. No, really! Anytime you see me put myself out there, it's because I'm forcing myself to walk through the fear.
7. I grew up thinking I was going to be an architect and would sit around as a child designing floor plans all day.
8. I didn't have an imaginary friend growing up, I had a whole big imaginary family with 10 brothers and sisters. I think the only child in me was bored.
9. I was obsessed with Debbie Gibson and had a Debbie Gibson birthday cake for my 4th grade birthday cake.
10. I've also been obsessed with Cher from Clueless, Elle from Legally Blonde, Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson and NSync. But I was like the one person that hated New Kids On The Block. I don't know why!
11. I originally was going to name my dog Butterscotch b/c of the color of his ears... but I didn't want to call him by saying "Hey Butt, come here Butt!" So I went with Rhett instead.
12. I have a weakness for hot dogs slathered in sauerkraut.
13. I have a weakness for brownies and chocolate chip cookies. And pretty much anything else chocolate. And most recently, cupcakes.
14. My favorite memories with my dad are when we used to go fishing on the lake we lived on.
15. My favorite memories with my mom were Wednesday night dinner dates at Olive Garden in high school when my dad would go golfing each week.
16. I've been obsessed with make up and fashion as long as I can remember, always wanting to be like my diva mom. I'll never forget when I was like 5 and broke into my mom's make up box to have her come home and catch me with lipstick all over my face. Or the time I snuck in her closet and tried on her gold stilettos and broke the heel. Eek!
17. The past year, my skin broke out soooo horribly like a teenager all over again, I mean, it has been BAD! Seriously, what IS the deal with this adult acne? Anyone know a good cure????
18. I watch way more TV now with DVR than I ever did before. I haven't decided if that's a good or bad thing yet.
19. I hate the phone and pretty much let everything go to voicemail with a message saying to email me instead.
20. I hate to run, but I love to run, all at the same time.
21. I hate drama and honestly feel sorry for those who feel the need to create it in their lives. It's so sad that some mean girls and bullies still exist in your adult years. But as God instructs, I pray for my enemies to find His loving peace.
22. In the winter time, I never really shaved a lot. One benefit of being single. Until Mark had to come along.
23. I have a 2001 silver Toyota Celica.
24. Though it comes with many headaches and long hours, I love being an entrepreneur!
25. I'm obsessed with Paris, France and want to go so bad, but I refuse to go without some fabulous reason for my 1st trip.
Now enough about me, tell me some random things about YOU!