..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: The Bachelorette.
BlogMenu

May 18, 2009

The Bachelorette.

In high school, there was a song I used to listen to OVER AND OVER AGAIN to remind myself that I would one day be thankful that all my silly teen heartbreaks didn't work out! It was an old song by Garth Brooks called "Unanswered Prayers" and it's about him returning to a high school football game all the years later with his wife and seeing an ex girlfriend from high school, but being thankful for his wife and thankful that God didn't answer his teenage prayers because He had someone better in mind.

I've been thinking of that song today as I get excited to watch the season premiere of the new Bachelorette tonight on ABC. My Twitter/Facebook followers might remember a few months ago before they picked Jillian as the Bachelorette that I got a phone call from ABC expressing interest in having me their next Bachelorette.

Like do WHAT??????? Me???? Ok, so yes, I confess, one night while watching The Bachelor, their redundant ad popped up "Could you be our next Bachelorette?" and on a complete whim I said, what the heck, I'll apply. But never in a million years did I think I would actually HEAR something from them.

A lot of you were excited and told me I should go for it, and a few of you expressed concern. I did respond back to the casting agent with a further application and more pictures they needed, but just decided to lift it all up to God and allow Him to keep opening that door or shut it if it wasn't His will.

Around this time that I heard from ABC was when Mark and I were beginning our emails back and forth. I was completely torn when I heard from ABC because, yes, on one hand, it could be a fun opportunity, but on the other hand, I was really enjoying getting to know Mark and was curious where God might lead us. Mark was one of the people that really expressed concern over me going on the show worried that it would do more harm than good, and I really admired that he was honest with me. This all happened right before WPPI this year and as Mark & I walked around together in Vegas, one day he finally asked me "So what are you going to do about The Bachelorette? Have you made a decision?" Deep down, I wanted him to tell me NOT to go on the show because he wanted to keep getting to know me, but I just replied "I don't know yet... I'm kind of waiting to see if a better opportunity comes along." Like in girl language, HINT HINT, IF YOU WANT ME, MAKE A MOVE! :-)

Thankfully, the last night we were in Vegas, he did make a move on top of the Eiffel Tower with our first kiss, and yesterday marked our 3 months together.

A week after Vegas, I heard they ended up going with Jillian from last season's of The Bachelor to be new Bachelorette, and honestly, I was relieved that God shut that door for me.

All I can say is, reality is so much better than reality TV and my past three months with Mark have been sooooo amazing! And it's been nice too getting to know Mark more and more without cameras around! ha!

But of course, I'm totally going to watch the new season and I can't wait for the season premiere tonight! Good luck Jillian!

Here's a preview of all the drama!




Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would have been fun to watch you on TV, but I'm MUCH HAPPIER that you found someone REAL and that your fairy tale is playing out anyways! You deserve the very best girl!!!!! Had so much fun with Ms. Rene this weekend! Wish you could have been here!!!

XOXO
ANNIE

May 18, 2009 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger Lyndsay Almeida said...

OMG-i was JUST thinking about that song in the shower last night. but i was thinking how they aren't really UNANSWERED prayers just not answered the way i thought i wanted them to be. i'm so glad God sees the whole picture! i do have to say, i won't be watching this season, but if you had been on it i would have!!!

May 19, 2009 at 8:27 AM  
Blogger Grace Community Garden said...

Hi Scarlett,
I missed that twitter! I don't watch the Bachelorette but I so would have~ if it were you. Congrats on how everything is coming into focus for you! You're fun to keep up with! :)

May 19, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.