..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Free clothes give-a-way!
BlogMenu

Feb 8, 2009

Free clothes give-a-way!





Friday night I went with some girlfriends to see the hilarious movie "He's Just Not That Into You" based on the popular break-up book. I do have to admit, when I read this book years ago, it completely changed my life and the way I viewed dating relationships. Bottomline, when a guy wants you, he'll move mountains to pursue you. I hear this now over and over with the sweet love stories from my brides and grooms, and I don't know why it took me so long to go DUH SCARLETT all those years ago!

Then when I got home from the movie ready to slip into my comfy PJs, I hung back up in my closet the shirt that I wore to the movie and stared at it for a minute. It was a shirt I had since college, one those you keep over the years because you JUST MIGHT wear it one more time. But then it gradually makes it way to the back of the closet and starts collecting dust over time. I decided to pull it out Friday night for the movie to give it one more try. And because I ended up wearing it again for the first time in 5 years, I naturally hung it back up in my closet to continue collecting dust.

But then as I gave it the stare down, I realized, "You know what, I'm just NOT into this shirt anymore." And I took it down and threw it on my bed. Thus started, one shirt turned into like 20 others I wasn't into anymore, along with old pants and jackets I used to wear at my corporate job that I haven't worn since, along with old dresses I wore on old dates with old memories I don't care to remember anymore.

So now I have a huge pile of clothes I don't want anymore, but I don't want to throw them out. They are still in great shape and I know they would be perfectly great to pass along to someone in need. So, if there's anyone out there who wants some of my old clothes for free, shoot me an email at scarlett@scarlettlillian.com and I would be happy to mail them to you! :-)

And just like everything else in life, God has to clean out the old before He can bring in the new. My friend Ginger and I had an awesome day at the Towne Center bonding over fashion and getting some new fun pieces for our Vegas trip next week! Two trends I noticed in the stores this season:

Ruffles
-and-
Feathers

EVERYWHERE!


And yes I gave into both. ha! This is my favorite time of year to shop because everything is pink for Valentine's Day. I really try NOT to buy pink so that my closet isn't over saturated with it, but I can never seem help it. It's just my happy color. :-) And needless to say, yes, I'm very into it.

EDIT: WOW, I got sooooo many beautiful emails from so many sweet blog readers who are in need for clothes. I so wish I had enough clothes to go around to everyone, but after a lot of consideration and prayer, I picked a special recipient to provide the clothes too. Thank you soooo much to everyone who emailed me! I pray that God blesses each of your closets through another means beyond what I could provide.

Also, in offering this, from the many emails, I got, I realized there IS such a NEED out for those who need clothes. I encourage each of you to go through your own closets and blog about this opportunity to give back in your local area! How cool is that to pay fashion forward?

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Jen Olsen said...

lol....that's pretty cool Scarlett! Someone out there is going to have a piece of you with them! ....love this idea :) You pretty much ROCK right now.

February 8, 2009 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger Melanie Watson said...

Oh my goodness... I so need to clean my closet out too. I have a huuuuge walk in closet filled to the gills with clothes that sadly I can't fit in anymore. I know that even when I finally fit back in those sizes, the fashions will likely be completely dated and I wouldn't want to wear them out in public anyhow. I was actually thinking about all this before I left for church this morning after spending nearly an hour trying to find anything at all to wear. I think a closet overhaul is definitely what I need... it must be fate that I read your blog just now ;) More motivation to toss the old and make room for the new. Thanks for the added inspiration girlie. :) If you can't get rid of your corporate gear I know there is a non profit organization you could donate them too: www.dressforsuccess.org that gives the clothes to women in need of professional attire.

February 8, 2009 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know, I have cleaned out my closet at least twice this year and ended up with probably 10 bags of clothes that I donated and STILL have a bunch of clothes that I just don't wear. So many of my clothes still have tags on them.

February 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger Dannielle said...

He's just not that into you was amazing! I loved loved loved it! I thought it was a movie that most girls really need to see. I took boys with us to go see the movie and they got a pretty good laugh asking us girls if that is what really runs through our minds! It was fantastic! Glad to see you're doing well love xoxo

February 8, 2009 at 9:24 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Scarlett,
I'm looking for a pink shirt. Ya know what I mean? Eh?
Mark
ps
Still laughing when I think of the back and forth last night. HA! HA! HA!

February 9, 2009 at 12:14 AM  
Blogger Lisette Price Photography said...

I just did the same thing with my closet! Between my husband and I we had bags upon bags that we took to Goodwill. My new rule (which I've heard before) is if you haven't worn it in a year it's time to get rid of it!

February 9, 2009 at 8:59 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

For anything you have left over, please consider a donation to Goodwill or another thrift store. There are many needy young women out there who may not see the blog, but benefit from our giving. I took 3 large bags full there last month, and have plans for a few more!

That was such a great movie, and it's great, as a woman, to be able to step away from things that WE just are NOT into any more...like clothes.

Men are a whole other topic...hehe.

February 9, 2009 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger jessica ashley said...

I have a great local charity I would love to give them to, Wellsprings is a local christian charity that house young girls and woman who have been abused, addicted to drugs and former sex workers complete their education, develop self worth threw Christ's love, train for a career and finally place them in permanent housing to help build a new life. I love this charity and the founder has written a book about the organization and I would love to send it to you so that you can read up on all the wonderful work they do. Email me at jessica@peachtreephotography.com and I will send you may address and get your as well to send you the book.

February 9, 2009 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger strohlie said...

actually, my pastor just gave a sermon about cleaning house (closets). funny, i should read about it on your blog. hmmm...a theme, I think. i'm not sure if it means really cleaning house, or representative for more (maybe both!). take good care & enjoy vegas. pamela

February 9, 2009 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger missysue said...

I can SO see you in feathers and ruffles! I'm off to email for some "famous" Scarlett clothes...would it be weird if I framed them???? ROFL

February 9, 2009 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

WOW, I got sooooo many beautiful emails from so many sweet blog readers who are in need for clothes. I so wish I had enough clothes to go around to everyone, but after a lot of consideration and prayer, I picked a special recipient to provide the clothes too. Thank you soooo much to everyone who emailed me! I pray that God blesses each of your closets through another means beyond what I could provide.

Mark- YOU CRACK UP... STILL! :-)

February 9, 2009 at 3:22 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Also, in offering this, from the many emails, I got, I realized there IS such a NEED out for those who need clothes. I encourage each of you to go through your own closets and blog about this opportunity to give back in your local area! How cool is that to pay fashion forward?

February 9, 2009 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger Jackie Beale said...

We did something similar last year with a bunch of our friends. We called it Clothes Swapping. Basicly we were instructed to put any clothes and accessories that we don't use in a box or bag( shoes, purses, jewelry, clothes, belts etc)and then give it to the peson who was in charge of seperatating everything in categories. For every item we donated, we received a ticket. When the clothes swapping day came, we were able to go around and exchange our tickets for someone else's item that we liked. We also created a little game where if we wanted an item really bad, we would bid on it by the amount of tickets we had. Once everyone ran out of tickets, and if there were alot of clothes left, we were given the freedom to take what was left over. Seiously, we had about 40 girls who participated which equaled to TONS and TONS of clothes. Whatever that was left by the end of the night, it was donated to a thrift store :)

February 10, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.