..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: New Year's Goal.
BlogMenu

Jan 5, 2009

New Year's Goal.

It's the first Monday of the new year and I'm back at my desk for another year ahead. I got so spoiled with the much-needed vacation away from the computer that I gave myself over the holidays (ok, so I couldn't resist checking email and Facebook a few times here and there! If you are waiting to hear from me, I'm tackling the inbox right now!)

I'm sooooooo excited about 2009. I have so many ideas, thoughts, visions, ways I want to grow my business and give back in the new year that are swirling around in my head. Right now my brain feels like a jack in the box of ideas that won't go back in the box. All in due time, I keep reminding myself!

I don't really believe in making "resolutions." No one ever keeps them, myself included. But I do believe in making New Year's goals. Sure, I might have a list of things I'd like to change, seriously, what girl doesn't want to drop 20 pounds or save $$ better to splurge on a new pair of Jimmy Choos? But all superficial things aside, I got this verse in my email today and I believe this one is the most important resolution of all to strive for in order for all other things to fall into place!


“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.”
(Colossians 3:23-24)


Funny enough, after church yesterday, I got an email saying Jesus was now following me on Twitter! HA! The funnier part is, the name is WWJTweet, as in What Would Jesus Tweet? LOL, LOVE IT! I don't know who is really behind it, but what a great ministry in this new world of online social networking! If you are on Twitter, you can follow Jesus at:

twitter.com/wwjtweet

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger kristajean said...

That is one of my very favorite verses, Scarlett! I have it hanging up next to my desk as a daily reminder that God gave me this business and I need to do my best at it for Him!

Have a blessed 2009!
You rock!
Kris

January 5, 2009 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Haley Lamb said...

wonderful encouragement, scarlett!

January 5, 2009 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing! I wish you many blessings for your business and personal life in 2009. : )

January 5, 2009 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

HA! That's a good one. Some people do keep resolutions, and I actually kept mine from last year, and made them permanent - so some people do succeed, hahaha. When we keep Jesus in mind with our opportunities and choices we face, we'll come out on top. Tried and true!

Happy 2009!

January 5, 2009 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Sarah Cardenas said...

Amen! I love that verse...thanks for the New Year's encouragement! :)

January 5, 2009 at 7:26 PM  
Blogger  said...

Your work is amazing!!!

January 5, 2009 at 10:08 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Scarlett, hope you have a great and blessed 2009! Cant wait to see what kind of ideas wont go back in the box!

January 6, 2009 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger julie h said...

Thanks for that verse...I'm really needing to be reminded of it right now. :) I was just in Kona, HI last week and your photos have made me miss is so very much. Hopefully someday I'll be able to attend a fabulous workshop there!!

January 13, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.