..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: The minority.
BlogMenu

Jan 17, 2009

The minority.

"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life."
Philippians 2:14-16


Whoa. This verse hit me like a ton of bricks today when it arrived in my daily devotional email through Crosswalk.com.

I've never understood, WHY is it that 99% of something can be right in my life, but I will ALWAYS dwell on and focus on the 1% that isn't right. I truly wish I could change that about myself. For instance:

*I'm a slim girl, but yet I want to always want to lose 10 more pounds.
*I have a beautiful home that is paid off, but yet I want a bigger home.
*I have a cute sports car that gets me everywhere I go, but yet, it's old and I want a new Mercedes.
*I have my health, but yet all I can complain about are the zits that won't go away even at age 28!
*I wake up each morning to the job of my dreams, but yet I always stress out with how much is waiting on my To Do list.
*I always have a ton of beautiful shots from each photoshoot, but yet I beat myself up on the few out of focus ones.
*My dad is still here with us, but yet all I can wonder if how many days he has left with us.

Things like that. I know it's just human nature. I know it's to keep us humble. I know I'm just a perfectionist. I know it's to keep us dependent on the only one who was perfect, Jesus. Thank goodness for His grace and the continued reminder about that annoying 1%:

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!"
Philippians 4:4

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Holland said...

Thank you for posting this. I needed to read it today.

January 17, 2009 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger Sarah Cardenas said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Scarlett!

January 17, 2009 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger {annie_loo} @ The Farrar Four said...

We do need to REJOICE! We are SO blessed! I believe that we as humans focus on that which is not perfect- because we desire perfection, which can never be reached- but thanks for HIS GRACE, we do not have to be perfect. He CHOSE to die on the cross for us- imperfect as we are- isn't that enough??? Blessings to you Scarlett as you focus on the 99% that IS right!!! Thanks for always being SO honest!

Much love!

January 17, 2009 at 7:16 PM  
Blogger Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

So so true! I had to ask myself the other day, "why do I care about what doesn't matter...I have so much already."

I hate human nature and I'm so thankful for a loving God that offers us his promises to be more--because we were created in his likeness.

Thank you for the encouragement!

January 17, 2009 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sometimes we just need to put things back into perspective. Thank you for posting this!

January 17, 2009 at 8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic post, at such an important time. I think this time of the year we all get a little depressed and do tend to focus on what we really shouldn't. Thanks for a great reminder that Jesus, is who we should focus upon.

January 18, 2009 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger Erica Kree said...

You discribed me to a "T" in this post! Thank you for posting this...I really needed this reminder. :)

January 18, 2009 at 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very well said...thanks for the reminder!... that 1% will get us every time- if we allow it!

January 18, 2009 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger April Hollingsworth said...

The fact that your house is paid off is enough to be happy about! Do you ever listen to Dave Ramsey?

January 19, 2009 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger Jessica@sublime-photography.com said...

Ain't that the truth!

January 19, 2009 at 2:53 PM  
Blogger Latrice of Opulent Couturier said...

Thanks for posting this & it was wonderful meeting you last night at the SW Launch party.

Good to know I am not the only one the has feelings like this!

BUT, I know that all things work together for the good of those who love him.....

You rock!

January 19, 2009 at 4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're 28 and already paid off your house?! Your business must be rockin!! How did you do it so fast?!

Phil

January 20, 2009 at 1:07 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks guys for helping me to keep things in perspective!

April- Nope, I've heard of him but never looked into anything by him.

Phil- I totally give credit to the importance of tithing as the Lord commands, and from there He makes a way and blesses you in return.

January 20, 2009 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

The thing that always blew my mind is that Paul wrote Philippians while he was in prison. Here was this guy, in jail for preaching the gospel, and he could still find it in his soul to rejoice and praise God! It's enough to remind me that no matter what I'm going through, God is still deserving of my praise.

It's human nature, I think, to dwell on the negative. I do the same thing. If I had an easy fix for you, I'd definately share it! But just keep rejoicing! We still serve a big God!

January 20, 2009 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

I know, isn't that incredible Charlotte?

January 20, 2009 at 10:32 PM  
Blogger Chelsea Patricia said...

*****I always have a ton of beautiful shots from each photoshoot, but yet I beat myself up on the few out of focus ones.*****

That is SO me!
Thanks for sharing, hon!

January 21, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.