..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: My thoughts on Britney.
BlogMenu

Nov 30, 2008

My thoughts on Britney.

Love her or hate her, the girl is a genius at keeping her name in the news. Britney Spears definitely proves the theory that bad publicity is still good publicity. And unless you've been living in a cave, you know that her new "comeback" album is dropping Tuesday and her much anticipated tell-all documentary airs tonight on MTV. I will definitely be watching!

Personally, I love her.

Always have.

Not afraid to admit it.

Anymore.

As a Christian, I used to feel guilty admitting that, like it was taboo to say that. But I've finally learned to say whatever! Sure, I don't agree with everything that has gone down in her life. And I don't agree with some of the raunchy lyrics and dance moves she has. Ok, all of the raunchy lyrics and dance moves that she has. But as disastrous as her life has become, I can't help but feel sorry for her and root for her like an underdog and pray that she will one day use her spotlight for God's glory and goodness like I know is in her Southern Baptist roots.

Over Thanksgiving weekend, I read her mom's book and was impressed how much she was vocal about her own walk with Christ and the strength she gained from Him to battle all the "storms" her family has been through. She's the first to admit, she nor her family are perfect, but how thankful she was for Jesus' continued grace. She also shared from the heart her personal prayers for her children. But of course, that's the part that was left out the press when buzz was generating about the book. Instead of course, the press nit picked about the dramas on their walk of fame. Oh how people are so quick to critique and judge a book by it's cover instead of looking for the best in someone and realizing we all have our different battles we struggle with.. spotlight or no spotlight. (A hard lesson I'm learning myself these days on the other side of this blogging world.)

For a laugh, on Britney's website, you can create these stinkin' funny videos casting yourself in a Britney video, so I couldn't help but upload a photo and star in "Lucky." (I chose that one b/c it's my mom's dog's name!) Click the image to go to my video, I couldn't embed the video itself here.


Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a "Britney rooter" too. There has always been a sweetness about her and even in all of her predicaments. I couldn't imagine people constantly following me around... talk about a disaster! As Christians~ well, we'll be judged by the same standards we judge others. YIKES!

November 30, 2008 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger Amy Clifton said...

That video is hilarious!! I have a friend who's a big fan...I'm going to have to Britney-ize her. :-)

November 30, 2008 at 9:05 PM  
Blogger Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Still loving Britney :)

November 30, 2008 at 10:54 PM  
Blogger Just Dandy Blog said...

I have always loved her too! I was always made fun of by my guy friends and old boyfriends but I never cared! My roommate in college and I would scream her music at the top of our lungs driving around campus and everyone would stare! We loved it! Crack me up!! She did great tonight in her explanation.. proud!!!

November 30, 2008 at 11:43 PM  
Blogger Ginger Dupre said...

While I am not a huge fan of hers, I watched her MTV thing last night. I saw her differently and I felt sad for her. I wanted to reach out to her and give her a big hug. I hope she can regain control of her life and career and do well. The video you posted is too funny Scarlett!

December 1, 2008 at 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't really a true britney fan until her toxic album. I LOVED it. saw that one in concert! I got my camera taken away. haha. I didn't get her whole last album, but I think I might for the next one.

December 2, 2008 at 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay...a fellow britney fan! so excited she is back!

December 10, 2008 at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.