..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Girl's night out at the beach.
BlogMenu

Sep 15, 2008

Girl's night out at the beach.

Two things I don't do enough. Take time for my friends and swim in the ocean that I live so close to.

I'm trying to find more balance in my life because I've become such a work-a-holic lately. Saturday night, I took advantage of having the night off from shooting a wedding, and had a fun girl's night out with my two long time friends, Rachel and Franca. We have all been friends since middle school and have shared so many fun memories over our lifetimes, but lately, have all been too busy being professionals that we've lost sight of that balance needed with fun nights out with the girls! Here's a few of our pics, and with some new friends we met along the way!


Franca, moi and Rachel at dinner.


Trying Franca's Guinness Beer. You can obviously see I didn't like it. Way too bitter. Franca is always crazy like that, that's why I love her!


Rachel laughing at us.


Post-dinner eating a hot dog at 1 in the morning.


Don't mess with Franca.


I realized I've lived in Florida my whole life and never went night swimming at the beach. Our new friends, who we met at the restaurant we were just at, were visiting from Minnesota and couldn't believe we didn't taken advantage of the beach more often. So we all said the what the heck and jumped in about 2 in the morning. That's why we all look like drowned rats. It was so fun to just let go and do something crazy like that. If there's anything my dad's cancer experience is teaching me, it's that life is short, take advantage of opportunities to do the things you never think you would do.


Nice wet hair smiling with my new friend Clinton.


Rachel and her new buddy Kevin.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Carla Jean said...

Hahahha, I love the Guinness photo. I love a good stout and a good porter, myself, but I'm a weird girl.

September 15, 2008 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Hi Scarlett, I loved this post! I am currently down in Daytona Beach (instead of my native ATL) and I've gone on the beach every single day for the last week!! It's a spectacular site and something I don't think I'll ever get tired of, but I agree that if you live by the beach it's a different story! But it is a beautiful thing!

September 15, 2008 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

"There’s a miracle of friendship that dwells within the heart
And you don’t know how it happens
or where it gets its start
But the happiness it brings you
always gives a special lift
And you realize that friendship
Is God’s most perfect gift."

I'm not sure who wrote that, but it sums up my thoughts from the weekend. I'm so blessed to have you and Franca. Nothing like a great night with friends and a dip in the ocean to remember that it's not all blue!

September 15, 2008 at 10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww I love this post! so much fun - you deserve it!!

September 15, 2008 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Carla- LOL

Megan- Good for you!

Rachel- Amen!

Kayla- Thanks!

September 15, 2008 at 1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah aren't you random! I did the late night swim with some friends a year or two ago in the summer in lake huron. I remember some awesome waves. I don't have any shoots this weekend and I'm looking forward to it too! I used to hang out with guys a lot and we always drank guinness! ....at an irish bar in canada!

September 16, 2008 at 1:02 AM  
Blogger Jaren said...

yyyyAAAAAYYYY!!! You go girl! ;)

September 16, 2008 at 9:51 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

How FUN!! It looks like you guys had a blast!

September 16, 2008 at 11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is weird to ask, but what kind of eyeshadow are you wearing? I love it!

September 16, 2008 at 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good times! The full moon lit up the whole beach --it was so beautiful to be out there on a PERFECT night! Very fun & memorable! Scarlett, this makes twice for us, does it? HAHA next time in the absence of boys I'll join ya!

September 16, 2008 at 11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all the fun stuff you post!!!

September 17, 2008 at 1:56 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks guys! :-) Fun night!

September 22, 2008 at 7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.