..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Reasons to smile.
BlogMenu

Aug 8, 2008

Reasons to smile.

I keep getting emails from others saying how much they not only love my photography, but love my writing here on the blog. The funny this is, I feel like it's been forever since I've really written on here. Like, really, wrote, from the heart. And you know why?

Right now, I'm so happy.

Looking back over old blog entries where I really wrote bearing the vulnerabilities of my heart to you, most of them came in times of pain, confusion, frustration, trying to figure out what the heck God was doing in my life at the moment. As my mom always says "Wisdom from the pain."

But right now, it has been such a season of joy, peace and prosperity. Not just prosperity in my finances, but in appreciating the true riches of the everyday million and one reasons we have to smile. Like the way my dog, Rhett, chills on his back in his dog bed while I work, or the way my dad's voice sounds when he calls me up with his usual "Heeeey Sunshine!", or the LOL comments you leave here on my blog or MySpace or Facebook, or the silly forwards about cats that my friend Rachel sends me, or the surprise gifts and cards that come in my mailbox, or appreciating how M&Ms truly do melt in your mouth, or running into my neighbor on the way to the trash and seeing a smile on her face despite the fact that she too is battling cancer and going through chemo.

My mom sent me an email yesterday and told me how her and my dad popped some popcorn and sat down to watch a movie earlier, but before they pressed play, they took a moment to just simply stop and give thanks for all the amazing blessings in their lives. Despite everything my dad is going through and all the down days he has fighting the chemo, they have really begun to cherish the good days he has to simply enjoy each moment and all the little things that make each moment special that we as busy stressed people take for granted.

And despite how busy and stressed I have been lately getting such little sleep and pulling a few all nighters to get some creative projects done as I prep for the "big announcement," I have started a new habit every morning. Every morning when I open my eyes, after Rhett stops jumping up and down so excited that I am finally up, I lift my hands and say outloud:

"This is the day the Lord hath made, I will REJOICE (This is where Rhett starts jumping up and down again) and be glad in it!"

Then I grab my iPhone, read new email, write in my prayer journal, eat a grapefruit and I'm off to start my busy stressful day.....

Whatever you are facing today, I pray you too can find joy in the little moments and truly rejoice on this Friday the Lord has made. And if this picture doesn't make you smile, then I don't know what will:



I adore my dog!!!!!!!!!!!! Is Rhett the cutest or what??? He seriously lays like this on his own, just watching his mommy work.

p.s. Be sure to check the blog on Monday! The countdown to the big announcement begins then..... he he he

Labels:

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pick-me-up this morning. I really needed it. This is the day that the Lord has made and I SHALL rejoice in it!

August 8, 2008 at 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! We truly do have so much to be thankful for!!!

I LOVE your morning ritual! I think I may start one myself! Kirby would go nuts too...just like Rhett if I was to start that in the wee hours of the morning!

Enjoy your Friday! We do have SO much to be thankful for!!!!!

Blessings- Annie

August 8, 2008 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Momma to 3 Boys said...

I have been trying all morning to post 1st! Silly computers!!!

I start and end each day thanking God for everything that happened and did not happen! Thank you for your spiritual words!!

Enjoy this fantastic Friday!! Can't wait for Monday!!!!

August 8, 2008 at 11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a binky in Rhett's bed? :-)

August 8, 2008 at 11:24 AM  
Blogger Jaxson's Mamma said...

Hello beautiful Scarlett!
I just wanted to tell you, as many others have that you are very inspiring. I've told you that before. Keep on rockin it out though. I am so happy for you and all the blessings the Lord has bestowed on you this year. I think it's awesome you're "LLCing it!", when can I buy stock??

God Bless You,
Jess
(Memories by Jess)

August 8, 2008 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger jennyevelyn said...

I Loooove this photo of your dog! My little dog Kensie does this too! It is so funny!

August 8, 2008 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

:-) Glad the blog could inspire your days!!

August 8, 2008 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger Charlotte Wedding Photographer - The Schultzes said...

that picture IS adorable. Ellen has that same plastic bone - only hers is orange. :)

August 8, 2008 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Too cute about the matching bones!

Oh yeah, I forgot to answer before, YES, that IS a binky. He loves it! :-)

August 8, 2008 at 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! I love the morning ritual thing, it's very inspiring!!

I couldn't help but notice that there was a pacifier in Rhett's bed?! Does he chew on it? Too funny.

Glory be to God for this wonderful Friday!!

August 8, 2008 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Kayla- Yeah, he chews more on the hard part, and then when he wants to carry it somewhere, he sucks the pacifier part to transport it to the new location. LOL, I know, he seriously is my baby!!

August 8, 2008 at 1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl, WOW u are such an inspiration! I've been following your blog for a few weeks now and am loving it! I'm a graphic design student (almost done!) and work for a GD studio and a few photographers--so I feel like I can relate! Keep up the amazing work! And God continue Blessing your business! :)

August 9, 2008 at 6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear you just took a picture of my dog. They look and lay the same. Way too cute. It put a smile on my face. My mom even sent your post to me to make sure I saw it.

August 10, 2008 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Jess- Awesome that you are a GD student!! That's what I did after college for a little while.

Sunny- Small world about our twin dogs!!

August 10, 2008 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger Amy Clifton said...

Thanks for the reminder to always look for the good. And the pic of Rhett is laugh-out-loud hilarious!

August 10, 2008 at 10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen & I second that! We're going over repeated speedbumps & it's very difficult at times to stay the course. Reading your blog & knowing that we're all in it together (although separated) is comforting.

Cheers!

David Esquire
Esquire Photography
www.esquirephotography.com

August 11, 2008 at 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett-I have never heard of giving them a binky but when I saw this pic of Rhett I decided to buy one. We have a pup who chews on things and so I bought it for him. He LOVES that binky! Thanks for photography AND pet information. You really do it all girl!

August 11, 2008 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Gin- LOLOL, that's great!! So glad you doggie loves it too!

August 11, 2008 at 12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all speachless... jaw-dropping, emotional, raw, gorgeous!! We love to see the "final product" hair, makeup, the colors... INCREDIBLE! Cara was such a pleasure to work with and not only beautiful on the outside, but from deep within...
Wishing you a "Happily Ever After"
From all of us at Bridal Sense!!

August 13, 2008 at 5:15 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Nancy- LOL, I think this was put under the wrong entry, but that's cool. Cara was the best!!! So glad you liked the final product!!!

August 14, 2008 at 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.