..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Alexis & Gerardo are Married!
BlogMenu

Aug 29, 2008

Alexis & Gerardo are Married!

It must have been the hottest day of the year up at Jekyll Island Club, but Alexis thought ahead and brought the cutest fans for her guests to use at the ceremony. And despite an initial overcast and humid day, the sun always finds a way to break through by the time of the ceremony blessing the love between Alexis and Gerardo.

I just adore this couple for so many reasons and I had the hardest time narrowing down my favorite shots. They make every shot look hot! But my favorite part of the day was the reception. Gerardo is from Venezuela and apparently down there, they really get down for their receptions with a Mardi Gras style cotillon called the Hora Loca. Half way through the reception everyone got handed beads, hats, noise makers, feather masks, all getting down to salsa music. In the middle of shooting the excitement, I felt someone place a tiara on my head, and I looked in the mirror to see, awwww, it was pink. :-)

Congratulations Alexis and Gerardo!

Here are my favorites and their slideshow below!


Alexis had a gorgeous Romana Keveza gown, but a fun BCBG dress for the reception so she could shake her booty!












For those that keep up with my blog, you understand why this picture hits a tender spot in my heart. Alexis father passed away a year ago, but he was still there in spirit through the locket her mom wore.






Like in the movie 27 Dresses, this also is one of my favorite parts of a wedding day, seeing the guy's reaction as his bride walked down the aisle to him.






I love Alexis' expression here!


The sunlight was so radiating as they walked away!








I just blew up this photo to go in my new office!














She had such fun red decor!


I thought this was the coolest cake made out of berries!


I love how magical this shot is and the way Alexis is looking at her new hubby!




With half the guests from South America, there were plenty of cigars fired up throughout the night.


After Alexis changed dresses, I caught a few more shots of these love birds.






Let the cotillion begin!






It was a beautiful full moon out that night!


Having fun with the happy couple!


My, uh, third shooter of the day. Alexis' little niece was so cute how throughout the day she would take a picture of something and then run up and show me what she got. It's awesome to see her passion for photography at such a young age! Thanks to my second shooter Jackie Blair for the shot!



And the slideshow....

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Those two are gorgeous! You did a great job Scarlett. Oh and speaking of your office, we cant wait to see it (hint, hint)!

August 29, 2008 at 2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing as always. May I ask, what kind of lighting do you use? Thank you in advance.

August 29, 2008 at 2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok... Your work continues to stir the senses with the genius of creative and analytical mind working seamlessly. You are truly a blessed woman of God & his love is shown in your work.

I am inspired.

David Esquire
Esquire Photography
www.esquirephotography.com

August 29, 2008 at 2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who did the logo on your shootsac?!

August 29, 2008 at 4:03 PM  
Blogger Kayla Barker said...

Scarlett, I love your blog! I have been enjoying your posts over the last several weeks since I've subscribed! I love your style and your photography! Let me know if you ever need a second shooter. I'd love to come shoot with you! :-D

Also, your logo on the Shootsac is fabulous!! Where did you get that done?

August 29, 2008 at 5:15 PM  
Blogger Leslie Roark Photography said...

That is one of my all time favorite songs!!! Great pictures!

August 29, 2008 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

The engagement photos were lovely, and I have to say the wedding shots are gorgeous. You have an amazing talent of capturing the moment.

August 29, 2008 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Sarah Cardenas said...

Hey Scarlett,
I just found your blog and I'm totally inspired! I've just started my own business and I love your pictures! What kind of camera and lenses do you use? (just curious)

I'd love to second shoot too..if you're ever in the south Florida area please let me know :)

Sarah :)

August 29, 2008 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger Amy Clifton said...

loooooooove the ring shot!

August 29, 2008 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I love the endless ways you captured the detail of her gown in so many of the pictures without it being the main focus of the picture. Flawless!

August 30, 2008 at 8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett, I cannot tell you how thrilled we are with the photos. It was a steamy day and you were such a trooper. Plus, you looked so cute running around snapping away with the party tiara we put on you. Of course we made sure you got the hot pink one!

August 30, 2008 at 11:49 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Anonymous- I used my Pocket Wizards and off camera flash with my 580 ex.

David- Wow, thanks for the great words!

Kayla - Contact Sandy at sandra18191@earthlink.net for the custom cover!

Sarah- A Canon 5D and a variety of lenses.

Alexis- :-) So glad you love the pics! And thanks for the hot pink tiara. I still have it on my coffee table!

Thanks everyone else too!

September 1, 2008 at 9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These pictures might be the most beautiful wedding pictures I have ever seen - congratulations !

I have to say that the cute BCBG dress might be the next item on my shopping list :-)

November 21, 2008 at 5:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Scarlett ~

I came to your blog through Truly Engaging. Your work is so gorgeous! I love the way you can capture so much of the emotion from the event!

Alexis' dress is the exact Romona Keveza I have been looking for! Do you have a way I could talk to her about where she found it? my email is howzewed @ gmail.com

Thank you for any help you could offer!

February 11, 2009 at 3:38 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Julia- Awesome! I forwarded your comment to Alexis, so hopefully she will email you soon! :-)

February 11, 2009 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you Scarlett!

February 12, 2009 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger ToddE said...

Amaszing work as usual. I truly enjoy seeing your style portryaed in your work.

What book company do you use for your artistic books??

April 10, 2009 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Aww, what a beautiful bride and love the moon shot! :)

December 16, 2009 at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.