..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Miami is nice....
BlogMenu

Jul 23, 2008

Miami is nice....

I was so sad to hear the news yesterday that Sophia (aka Estelle Getty) from Golden Girls passed away. Since college, I have been addicted to the TV show reruns on Lifetime, and I've always said it was like Sex and the City in their 80s! On my recent trip to Miami to shoot Alexis and Gerard's engagement session, my friend Rachel (and soon to be Business Manager, woo hoo!) came with me to assist on the photo shoot, and while we were down there, we were recalling the episode that Dorothy and Rose tried to come up with a jingle about Miami to win a contest. The original version went "Miami is nice... so I'll say it thrice... Miami, Miami..." Or at least that was the version that Dorothy and Rose got in a fight about to eventually change it. Here was version that won them the contest.



So on our drive back, Rachel and I came up with our own little corny song about Miami and our experience... here's our lyrics.


Miami is nice... but you'll pay a price.
Miami is bright... yeah, that's right.
Miami has food... that suits your mood.
Miami's not so cool... but you can lay by the pool.
Miami says "Opa!"... do you have eucalyptus soapa?
Miami is sweet... with lots of hot Hispanic boys to meet.
Miami has a spa... where you do not have to wear a bra.
Miami has beds made of clouds... that draw crowds.
Miami has cars... expensive enough to drive on mars.
Miami is slick... the food can make you sick.
Miami has nice palm trees... and a touch of sleaze.
Miami has passion... with lots of crazy fashion.
Miami was fast... too bad we couldn't make it last!


Here's a few fun pics of Rachie and I from my point and shoot camera.


Looking hot!


Self portrait!



And when you are on a trip with one of your best girlfriends, of course silly things will be said. Rachel began recording some funny quotes from the trip on my iPhone. Here's a few of my faves to share:

As Scarlett leaves the car to prepare for the photo shoot, Rachel grabs the camera that Scarlett forgot and says:
"THIS is why you need an assistant!"

Referring to the shower cap on Rachel's head, a polite woman disrobes in the spa locker room next to Rachel. Scarlett blurts out:
"I should take a picture of THAT!"
Rachel blushes and nods to the lady next to her.
"Oops, I mean your shower cap," Scarlett says trying to justify the timing of the comment.

After Scarlett watched her first episode of Seinfield, EVER, and Rachel comes out of the bathroom showing off her new pajamas:
"Those are boyshorts? I thought they were the panties your momma laid out for you!"
(It was a funny line Elaine had just said.)

Walking into the Westin Diplomat Hotel:
"Welcome to... Heaven."

Ordering a hot dog after she just ate lunch, Scarlett exclaims:
"I'm on vacation... I can eat what I want!"
She then later overeats that day and it comes back up later that night after not settling well in her stomach. Lovely, I know.

Trying out a festive Greek restaurant named Opa, Scarlett asks Rachel if they can go somewhere quieter:
"Between the napkins covering the floor and the dancing on the tables, this place is over stimulating."

After receiving "V.I.P." valet parking at dinner, Rachel proclaims:
"V.I.P. Very important Princesses!"

Going 90 on I-95, Rachel points out a cop up ahead to Scarlett:
"I wasn't speeding...." slams on breaks... "a lot."
Surprisingly, the cop didn't try to pull Scarlett over... this time.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miami was so nice. Who knew we were such poets? The Miami Heat brought it out of us.

Beautiful place, beautiful people...

Love,
VIP - Very Important Princess

July 23, 2008 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger Moongypsyi said...

Was that Taverna Opa?? I did the menus for the owner for the Orlando restaurant :) Talk about it being hard typing in Greek...
you should have recorded the miami vice tune and played it running around...*shrug* so I'm a goof ball :) I would have done it ;)
~c

July 23, 2008 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger Just Dandy Blog said...

Hii!! So funny.. I love funny girl moments like that!!
PS... I bragged about YOU on my bloggy!! :)

July 23, 2008 at 10:31 PM  
Blogger Jess Cumbie said...

Oh the luxory of having a business manager... Lord, please let me get to the point where I need one, I want one now, but I can't afford one now! LOL

July 24, 2008 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger *~ Jane & Tricia ~* said...

Sounds like you all had to much fun!! And can I say I WANT/NEED that top you are wearing in the first pic :0)

July 24, 2008 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Chris- Yep, it was Taverna Opa's!!!

Danielle- Awwwwwww, you're so adorable thanks! I'm going to give you some blog love now!

Jess- Yeah, it will be an adjustment for me, but I'm trying to train my brain to outsource since my biz is growing faster than I can up creatively and business wise.

Jane- Target!!!! :-)

July 24, 2008 at 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you two had fun! I have been wanting to ask this question for awhile now so here goes....Where did you get the dress and shoes you are wearing for your bio picture? I LOVE them both and Rhett is the best accessory!

July 24, 2008 at 5:47 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Ginger- The dress is from Betsey Johnson and the shows were from Bakers! I actually had also gotten a pale pink version of the dress that I didn't end up using and have been wanting to sell on eBay. Shoot me and email at scarlett@scarlettlillian.com to let me know if you are interested in buying it. It's a size 6 or 8 I think.

July 24, 2008 at 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.