..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: I got a makeover!
BlogMenu

Jul 29, 2008

I got a makeover!




Bye bye pink stripes.

I've gone back to my roots.

Hot pink.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the pink and white stripes that branded my blog the past year that you knew me best for. My dining room is still painted that way. But for my blog, and my website, and my branding, I needed some redecorating. Maybe it's the Creative A.D.D. I always say I have. As soon as I create something I love and get it set just perfectly, I'm ready to move on and change it up and give birth to something new. Any business or marketing book would probably tell me I'm crazy to change my branding only after a year, but I couldn't stand it, I needed a change. God was stirring the visions inside my head and I had to get them out or I would burst!

But I feel like more that this branding change is more of an evolution to better represent my photography style as it too evolves.

I heard recently through a friend of a friend that a bride didn't hire me for her wedding because she thought my photos were "too risque." My first reaction? "Awesome! Then I'm accomplishing exactly what I want to be through my photography." I WANT my photography to push boundaries. To be daring. To think outside the box. To be bold. Yes, to be "too risque" in that way that 50 years from now you can look back at the photo, still feel the passion in it, and remember why you fell in love with the one still by your side. And I've been so blessed to shoot for brides who "get" that and want the same out of life and for their photos.

And when I think bold, I think hot pink. It's the color that my first website was when I made the switch from video to photography. It's the color that really best represents how I look at life. Pale pink and white stripes were nice in that Shabby Chic kind of way, but nice is too comfortable. Too normal. Too traditional. Too boring. None of which expresses the heart of my photography and what it has grown to be. Everyone tells me what they love best about my work is how I pop my colors and oversaturate things, so I knew it was time to create a blog that was just as loud.

So here's to a new look!

Also, fellow photog, Jessica Claire, proposed an interesting question recently asking, why do we as photographers have a website AND a blog when really our blogs are what get updated more frequently and show off our recent and best work? She launched a hot new combined blog-site a little while ago, and I thought it was a genius idea because I never have time to update my website either. Not to mention, according to my stats, my blog is what gets the most love from thousands of you everyday anyways. And it's what not only shows my recent work, it's what shows me, being me, the artist behind the camera and my everyday ramblings about life.



I still love Ross and the team at Flosites, who designed my old pink and white stripe website shown above, and I continue to highly recommend them, but I've decided to keep things simple for now and ditch my actual website to just focus on the blog.. oh, I mean, photo journal. I did however design a very cool new opening page, so go check it out at scarlettlillian.com. Otherwise, scarlettlillian.net still remains the homepage for this photo journal! And one cool new feature, everytime you visit this site, or refresh the page, it will display a new favorite photo of mine in the header!

I also have a lot of NEW things to share with you coming up that I'm working on behind the scenes. Ahhhhh, I'm about to burst, it's soooooo killing me not being able to spill the goods yet, but I'm still putting finishing touches on it all in between shooting and editing and now finally finishing the design of this new blog (yes, the ex-graphic designer in me did it myself! Whew... I'm officially burnt out on HTML for a while)...

.......so staaaaaaaaaaay tuned!!!

And definitely check back tomorrow because I will be publishing the rest of Alexis and Gerard's steamy Miami engagement session!

25 Comments:

Blogger Kenzie Shores Photography said...

LOVE the hot pink! :)

July 29, 2008 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Yay! Love it!!
I have a funny "trifold" of Apple and hot pink I'll have to email you. I think you'll get a kick out of it : )

July 29, 2008 at 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a surprise this morning to come to your site and see this. Looks so good!! Love it!! Keep your photos the way you are...that's why we love you. Being different is better than being boring.

July 29, 2008 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I think I just spent the last 20 minutes hitting refresh over and over... don't tell my boss : )
Love, love, love it!

July 29, 2008 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger Rachel Brooke said...

The new style looks very fitting for you! And I'm bursting to know what you have to show us next! :)

July 29, 2008 at 10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've officially got me on tenderhooks! And you know I love the colors!!

Keep up the awesome work!

July 29, 2008 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Jona Lee Photography said...

How exciting!!!
Scarlett I love the new look! It's great! Keep up the amazing work and may the Lord continue to bless you and your family!

Many blessing's

July 29, 2008 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Tracy (Serendipity Images) said...

Hi Scarlett! I love the new look! Gorgeous work! =)

July 29, 2008 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger Hybrid Photography said...

Ohhh I love the new blog Scarlett! And I love your reasoning behind the change. THAT's why people should rebrand. I'm working on some rebranding myself, and it's exactly the reason.

In any case, it looks beautiful. :)

July 29, 2008 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Love the new look!!

July 29, 2008 at 1:42 PM  
Blogger Just Dandy Blog said...

WOW! I love it! You rock! Yippie!! It does suit you SO WELL! You nailed it!! :)

July 29, 2008 at 1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new layout, Scarlett! I also loved the "too risque" remark from the bride you mentioned in this blog entry. You're exactly right, it's your non-traditional photography style that makes you so awesome. You have a great niche. Besides, you know what they say - when you begin receiving critics, you must be doing something right. Therefore, you have arrived, and it's only going to get better for you. God bless. :)

July 29, 2008 at 5:51 PM  
Blogger Melanie Watson said...

The new "photo journal" looks great! I loved it when Jessica Claire did it and I totally agree that the blog always gets more attention than the website... so why not make them into one?! Too funny about the bride who did not hire you b/c your photos were too risque... we've heard that a couple times now as well. I always say "that was not my bride." because risque is what we aim for! Good for you for seeing it as a positive comment! :) Can't wait to see all the fun new stuff you have in store. I'm sure it will all keep pushing you on to the next level! :) Congrats again on the new blog-baby.

July 29, 2008 at 6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is so luscious! =) cant get enough of this stinkin awesome blog. so scarlett...when is this Opportunity to shoot with you going to arise?

cant wait cant wait cant wait. any longer.

July 29, 2008 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger Moongypsyi said...

I TOTALLY hear you on the design A.D.D!! I know when I became a graphic designer I had all sorts of ocd and to this day I still can't decide and focus on what style I want....it's easier to design for others, but for us...I'm stumped! ha!
~c

July 29, 2008 at 8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is too funny...i just re-did my blog too. I'm not completely happy with it yet so it might change but I DEFINITELY have creative ADD! Thanks for giving me a name for it!! haha. I'm so on the same page with you though, with the blog-site. Its way too hard to update my website all the time but I do think it impresses quite a few clients (they told me so). Cute redesign...although I did love your old header!

July 29, 2008 at 11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scarlett, I've been reading your blog for a while now, but this is my first comment! I promise I'll leave more! =) Great job on the re-design, especially since you did it yourself! That's so awesome and such a talent!

Love it!

July 30, 2008 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Frances said...

I love your site and I always look forward to reading your site everyday! You are very talented. I love the new look as well!

July 30, 2008 at 6:45 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

LOVE, LOVE LOVE the NEW Look, the hot pink is so you :) You are so amazing!!

July 31, 2008 at 1:02 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks everyone for the new blog love!!!!

Jimmia- You are awesome! Thanks for how encouraging you have been along the way!

Mel- I agree, I know every bride is not for me, just like not every dress is for them. It's awesome though when you find the right fit, both for your dress and your photographer!

Jenny- You are too cute. I'm planning mid-late August. Still wrapping up some things behind the scenes before the big launch!!! :-) It will be worth the wait, I promise!

July 31, 2008 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Charlotte Wedding Photographer - The Schultzes said...

I love the new rotating header - keeps it fresh every page load!

I do miss the pink stripes, but love the change for change itself!

:)

August 1, 2008 at 1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. I love that your photos push boundaries and you are somewhat risque'. I'm not religious at all, bordering on not believing at all (gasp!), so when I first found you - quite some time ago, I immediately stereotyped you because of the God talk. I assumed your photos would be too conservative. Not at all! So edgy (to use an overused word). Creative. Love your "risque'" style. And, you send cool holiday cards! What more could a photo blog fan want? :) --janice

August 2, 2008 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Thanks for the awesome compliments Cheyenne and Janice!

August 4, 2008 at 5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, have you seen this site...
http://www.fabuluxephotos.com/

she totally stole your stuff.

August 6, 2008 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Anonymous- Yeah, unfortunately, I'm used to it by now. She also copied my wedding planner friend, fabuluxeinc.com with the name. I just try to remember the greatest form of flattery is imitation, but I do try to encourage people to be more original in their branding.

August 6, 2008 at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.