..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: After the storm.
BlogMenu

Jun 4, 2008

After the storm.



When my mom and I came out the door of the movie theater, the sky was covered in a dark grey. And though it was the beginning of June, there was a coolness sweeping the air untimely for the Floridian summer season. The rain poured down as we ran to the car and continued as we started toward the restaurant to pick up take-out for my dad on the way home. As my mom and I drove, suddenly the rain cleared and in front of our eyes, God painted us the most beautiful rainbow. We pulled over on the side of the road so I could take a picture with my iPhone.

"I think that's a sign of new beginnings for you," my mom said. I couldn't help but smile and wonder if it was.

We had just gone to see the Sex and the City movie. Her first time, my second time. The reason why I like the show so much is because I can't help but find it intriguing how much my life really has paralleled some of Carrie's relationship story lines over the years.

I've dated my Aiden, the one who loves you so much, treats you wonderfully like you always hoped a guy would, and is ready to start their life with you that you try so much to love them back the same and don't understand why in the end you just can't.... My Berger, the hot writer who attracts you with his words, you share some good times, yet when all is said and done, he just can't commit.... And even an international man like the Russian, who was taught overseas how to romance a woman and sweep us off our feet nothing less than first class, yet no amount of romance can substitute true love. But yet, every time Carrie tried to move on to find new love, it all came back to her old love, her true love, the one no logic can explain, the one who makes your heart beat faster, the one you can't ever forget, Mr. Big.

After three and half years of having not talked after our final break up, MY Mr. Big reappeared to my surprise, ironically enough, just days after I saw the movie.

No, really. I'm not just making this up.

I couldn't help but laugh at the timing, considering I had him in the back of my mind as I watched Carrie and Big break up and make up in the movie like they always do, like we always did. My Mr. Big didn't appear in person or over the phone, but through a sincere hand-written card he sent my dad full of his prayers and well wishes for the recent news about his cancer.

When my mom called to tell me the news of my dad receiving the card from him, my jaw completely dropped.

Then tears streamed down my face. But happy tears. He was the last person I expected to hear from right now, but the one who truly meant the most.

I don't know HOW he knows the news about my dad other than now wondering if he reads my blog?

"Dawson," if you ARE reading this, check your mailbox tomorrow. I sent you something too. I dedicate this video to you. You know why.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger jamiedelaine said...

LOVE this post! :) Scarlett, John Mayer is pretty much the love of my life, so I'm crazy lovin' that video. I've seen the man live three times in two years!!

June 4, 2008 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

LOL, apparently he is the love of Jennifer Anniston's life too. :-) I saw him once in concert, he rocks! But the song has a deeper meaning for me.

June 4, 2008 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger Amy Clifton said...

Verrrrry interesting! Those Mr. Bigs sure are hard to shake.

I haven't spoken to mine in about 7 months, after a couple years of chances--definitely chances into the double-digits (maybe even triple, haha). But I still find him in my heart at the strangest times. Keep us posted, but you be careful!

June 4, 2008 at 4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that it's been about 4 years since I've seen my Mr. Big... it took the longest time to get over him, yet, in my heart of hearts... he's still there. To this day, I have never loved a man more than Mr. Big. No kiss, hug, or laugh has been sweeter than his...

June 4, 2008 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger Melanie Watson said...

Hooray for iPhone pictures! The rainbows were out full force yesterday after the storms. Love it! May your new beginnings be as lovely as they are. :)

June 4, 2008 at 9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. No wonder I visit your blog so often. You have the sweetest, most amazing life stories to tell. I can't even imagine how many people feel as if they know you. Take care. I'm still praying for your family. :)

June 4, 2008 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Dannielle said...

great post! It inspired me to write one lol.. I have a new blog soooo I wanted to share that with u! But, I've never heard that song and I love it. Uncomfortable by Jon Mayer is amazing too!

June 4, 2008 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Okay, you and your "Mr. Big" just need to get back together or at least reunite! ;-P Would be fun to see "Mr. Big" in town again ;-D

June 6, 2008 at 5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.