..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: A temporary break up.
BlogMenu

May 30, 2008

A temporary break up.

It started like any relationship.

From the moment I laid eyes on him, it was love at first sight. We spent a lot of time together and I began to love how I saw the world through his eyes. He felt incredible in my hands. He wooed me and encouraged me to expand my creative gifts. He took me around the world and through him, I built so many beautiful relationships and friendships that I would have never met had it not been for him. With the click of a finger, he was always there for me exactly when I needed him, never missing the most important moments of life. He was always reliable, always on time, always the one thing in life I could count on.

Until that Saturday.

He needed a break.

He was burned out.

He had things in his memory he needed to wipe clean before he could move forward with me.

He needed time to go away and get some therapy and work out the personal issues he was having.

In a time when I needed him the most, he let me down.

I was heart broken.

I was disappointed.

But I trusted God had a purpose in everything, even this.

So I sent him away.

I went through withdrawal, but I let him have his space to work out what he needed to get done.

We had a big event to attend this weekend, and I didn't know if he was going to be back in time, but I kept trusting that he would return when the time was right.

I missed him.

But, to my surprise before I expected his return, he appeared at my door, ready for a fresh start.

I jumped for joy.

I ripped open the box and embraced once again the greatest love of my life. My Canon 5D.





It was at my last wedding that I was changing memory cards quickly right before the cake cutting, and realized I was jamming the card in the wrong way. So I took it out and tried it the correct way. Suddenly, it wouldn't go in at all, so I tried another card. It wouldn't go in. I didn't have time to freak out, so I grabbed my back up 30D camera and continued shooting the night away. But it just wasn't the same as my 5D. I was spoiled with the wide frame format. I was spoiled with how smoothly it focused. I was spoiled with how easily my fingers flowed over the buttons. When I got home and tried to disect the problem, I finally was able to shove a memory card in the slot. But that's when the error message appeared on his screen. "This card needs to be formatted". Ok, easy enough. So I went to the menu and tried to format it. "Can not format card." Um, that kind of defeats the purpose? So I tried the same card in my 30D, and it read it fine. That's when I realized, it wasn't my memory cards that were the problem, it was my 5D and I needed to send it away.

I have to say, I have been super impressed with Canon's warranty service repair. Through the website, they make it so easy to submit a repair request and I always get everything back within a week. I have previously sent in a lens to get repaired, and it has been nice to get things back in a timely manner before the next wedding. Another reason I love Canon products so much!

I am so glad to be reunited with my 5D! Hopefully, from now on, we'll live happily ever after.

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Blogger jamiedelaine said...

You silly girl you. Glad to see the 5D is back in your life. :)

May 30, 2008 at 11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GIRL as I was reading this I was so interested and curious as to what the end result would be and it was a 5D hahaha you are too funny!!

Glad you can both live happily ever after:)

Have a great weekend Scarlett!
God Bless,
Jennifer Tucker

May 30, 2008 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger Isis said...

I needed that laugh. That was great!

May 30, 2008 at 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was so cute! HAHAHA!

May 30, 2008 at 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were on a break...using the Canon 30D is not considered cheating.

I'm glad to see Mr. 5D back...

Mr. 5D, don't let me friend Scarlett down again...

I'll be watching!

Rachie

May 30, 2008 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger Chenzo Photo LLC said...

I'm going to do the same thing with my 1st-gen iPod when it dies (7 years running without repairs). Takes a licking and keeps on ticking!

May 30, 2008 at 7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are zany.

May 30, 2008 at 10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, not only when I was reading interested and curious too but I almost cry because I thought while reading it about your dad (hope he is doing good) and then this............ oh boy you got me, you got ALL OF US.
That was great! This is why I LOVE you blog so much
bebe

May 31, 2008 at 1:26 AM  
Blogger Donadio Photography said...

That was funny!!! = )

May 31, 2008 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Rachel Brooke said...

hahaha...
you had me scared there for a second! Go continue your love affair with your first man's twin brother!

May 31, 2008 at 2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you totally had me going...haha

June 1, 2008 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Christina LeMarr & Susan Hanson said...

OMG that was great!!
~c

June 1, 2008 at 4:55 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Whew... I didn't realize that you had JUST sent your camera away! I'm glad you got it back just in the nick of time. : )
Now I've got to figure out what is wrong with mine...

June 2, 2008 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger Apryl Marie said...

I seriously laughed out loud. In a big way! Thanks for that!


My thoughts and prayers are with your family after reading about your dad.

Hope all is well.

June 2, 2008 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

LOL, glad everyone got the twist of the story!

Tracy- Yep, I had just got it back two days before your wedding and thankfully it worked perfectly the whole night! :-)

Apryl Marie- Thanks girl!

June 3, 2008 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Ha! Love this entry! :)

June 3, 2008 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

:-)

June 4, 2008 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger Carolina Araujo said...

Long time lurker, first time poster. I love this post, incredibly cute..and like everyone else, you totally got me too!!

-Carolina-

June 4, 2008 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

So glad you finally left a comment Carolina!

June 4, 2008 at 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.