..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: A good friend and a glass of wine.
BlogMenu

May 18, 2008

A good friend and a glass of wine.



As they said in church this morning, even when life is hardest, you can rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS!

After a stressful few days (one reason being my loyal 5D camera broke in the middle of a wedding shoot... AHHHH! Thank goodness for backup cameras!), one of my best friends, Rachel, and I spent a lazy Sunday afternoon laying by the pool soaking up the Floridian sun and drinking the cutesy Polka Dot wine. As we gabbed about life, love and everything in between, I was thinking back over my 15 year friendship with Rachel and reflecting on the importance of girl friends. I've learned that through and thick and thin, when life falls apart around us, or when life is full of laughs and smiles, through new beginnings and the closing of chapters in our lives, it all comes back around to your girl friends. They are truly the angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

I just had to republish a fun dorky pic of Rachel and I from our 6th grade yearbook!



As Leann Rimes says in her new single and video, there's nothing better than a good friend and a glass of wine!


A good friend and a glass of wine
Someone to say it's gonna be alright
A good friend and a glass of wine
A little pick me up to get me through the night
We talk trash n' we laugh and cry
That kind of therapy money can't buy
Every now and then, every now and then
Every girl needs a good friend and a glass of wine


Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Your camera broke too?! Mine too! Thanks to the Lord that it was just during the rehearsal the night before, and thanks to GPS and Best Buy in Savannah for opening at 10 am...to buy a new 40D for the destination wedding ;-) Bobby was using my backup camera since he was my second-shooter ;-) Wheesh!

Now do tell me about this "drama" when you're ready!

HUGS!

May 18, 2008 at 11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!!! Cant believe its you.. The great thing is that you look so much better now :) --
Thank you so much for responding all my emails!
Bebe -

May 19, 2008 at 12:00 AM  
Blogger Rachel Brooke said...

Our human connections are essential to our well-being sometimes, aren't they? I have a friend like this too...thank God for them!

Have you seen Leann Rimes and Joss Stone sing this song? It would make any woman squeal "amen, sister!"

May 19, 2008 at 12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scarlett,

I was looking at the previous slideshow, great job! All your photos are just fabulous. I just recently did my first wedding. I want to ask you, how many photos do photographers usually give to bride & groom for a full coverage wedding. Your slideshows have about 150 photos. Is that what you usually show them? Thank you so much for your help.
Love by 2 Photography

May 19, 2008 at 12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After that, you need to post a photo to show off how beautiful we are NOW, hehehe. I can't wait to share this picture with other people.

Yesterday was fabulous and I know many more days just like it are coming soon.

You're fabulous and I'm so lucky to have been your friend for over 15 years!

We'll be like Romy and Michelle!

May 19, 2008 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Corinna- Wow, I can't believe your camera broke too! So weird!

Bebe- Hehe, I know, I was such a dork! My pleasure about the emails!

Rachel Brooke- I totally agree about our human connections. Sometimes it's not until you realize how horribly you neglected them when you had other distractions in your life that you then appreciate your friendships that much more.

Love by 2 Photography- The slideshow is just a glimpse of some of my faves that tell the story of their day. I then give them around 1000 which is later posted up on pictage.com.

Rachie- Thanks for always being a great friend through life's up and downs! You are the best!

May 20, 2008 at 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1000...wow, I took more than that, but I gotta tell you, my good ones are about 500........I guess, I just have to say, you do a great job :) Hopefully next time I get more.
Love by 2

May 20, 2008 at 4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, YOU ROCK! Great work you have here! =)

May 20, 2008 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Love by 2- Yeah I hate missing any moment, so I tend to overshoot to make sure every moment and emotion are captured.

MissPhom- Thanks!

May 21, 2008 at 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.