..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: Congratulations Sarah & Brian!
BlogMenu

May 30, 2008

Congratulations Sarah & Brian!

What I love most about weddings are the families. It's the way weddings bring families together for one reason only, to celebrate love. The love of a man and woman joining as one. The love of a father and daughter and the tears that fall in their dance. The love that began with a father and mother who put Christ in the center of their own love. The love of a great grandmother holding her fragile 8-week old great grandson. The love of a dog who serves as ring bearer. The love of two families from two different states becoming one.

By the time I met the Crews family, I already felt a part of it and how welcoming they are into their circle of love. Having kept up with my blog regularly, I would periodically receive sweet emails from Sarah's parents with the kindest words of encouragement and prayers about my personal lilfe, as well as such joy-filled words of how excited they were to have me shoot their daughter's upcoming wedding. Sarah would forward me pictures of family members so I would know them at the wedding, including the recent birth of her sister's son, appropriately named Crews, serving as the first grandchild of the Crews family. So though the wedding was my first time meeting this sweet family from Nashville, it really felt more like a reunion. Being so close to my own parents, I enjoyed celebrating and documenting how close Sarah was with her family, as well as Brian with his parents.

I couldn't have asked for more perfect weather on Sarah and Brian's day at the Amelia Island Plantation, and I adored getting so many juicy shots of them with God's gorgeous sunlight shining in the backdrop backlighting their love. Below are my favorites from the day and their slideshow at the end!


It was fun working with my friend Kacy who was the make up artist for Sarah and the girls.


Like mother, like daughter.


So many shoe changes, so little time.


I loved this perspective of the bride putting her finishing touches on.


Such a supermodel! Her ruffled dress was stunning!




Sarah had the most beautiful blue eyes!


Sarah got the girls these cute gold flip flops for the beach ceremony.


Go divas!


Girls just want to have fun!


The flower girl completely stole my heart!


The ring bearer stole my heart too! I'm so making Rhett my ring bearer one day!






I so love the emotion in this pic. Sarah and Brian's friends were singing "God Blessed The Broken Road" and I loved catching Brian getting choked up. Tears were streaming down my face too!












Such a happy couple!










I loved how symbolic this photo was having just had the "broken road" sang at their ceremony!


These cute flip flops imprinted "Just Married" in the sand. Check out the slideshow to see it in action!










I adored the little girl google eyeing the cake!













I couldn't help but laugh at myself in this photo that my fabulous second shooter, Lauren, caught of me while I was waiting on the ceremony to begin!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Scarlett!! We are so blown away by these pictures!! To say they are amazing is such an understatement!! They are everythng we could have ever hoped they might be and so much more! We are experiencing the love, the happiness and beauty of the day all over again and now we have such an incredibly awesome way to remember it forever. What a blessing from God to have you capture these moments of our life and His awesomely beautiful handiwork--Ameilia Island Plantation and Beach. You're the best!!!!

May 30, 2008 at 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS bride and wedding!! You are fabulous Scarlett!! I love the pic of you at the end...too cute!


:)
Jennifer Tucker

May 30, 2008 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Denise Skelton said...

Scarlett, those images are beautiful! I hope you are doing well-you and your family have been in my prayers.
I did have one question-how did you put two songs on the slideshow? :) I use Showit too, but I don't know how to do that.
Thanks so much!
Denise

May 30, 2008 at 11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

scarlett-i have once again cried and cried ... complete happiness is the cause ... they are...incredible. you find away to capture the emotion that i felt, that we felt... and i relived the the dinner, the day, the moment...again... thank you for that... i love you and feel so blessed to have you in my life... there is no comparison...
-sarahlou

May 30, 2008 at 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These photos rock. I love the flower girl photo. Too cute!

May 30, 2008 at 2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I want those yellow dresses and that cake...seriously - for my birthday!

What a new and different way to get married. BEAUTIFUL!

Rachie

May 30, 2008 at 2:50 PM  
Blogger April Hollingsworth said...

How difficult is it to get the wedding party to jump? When I tell people to do something the slightest bid weird they look at me like, "you weirdo."

May 30, 2008 at 5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am new to your blog but wow you are amazing! I am diving into photographer and loving every minute of it! Someday I hope to be as creative and carefree as you are. What I love the most is the love for God you share with us.
If you don't mine me asking what fish eye lens do you use? I shoot canon as well and am torn between the canon and sigma..

May 31, 2008 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Rachel Brooke said...

It's official...this is my favorite wedding you have shot!! out of this world- crazy- awesome- classy- amazing!

May 31, 2008 at 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

skipping = way better than running for girls...good idea. i'm doing a wedding in july with 2 dogs in it- it should be interesting!

June 1, 2008 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Rachel Brooke said...

Sorry to post AGAIN,
but this bride looks just like Twiggy!!!

June 2, 2008 at 11:37 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Nancy and Sarah- Your sweet comments meant the world to me! I'm so excited that you loved your photos! I feel so blessed too have been able to get to know you both and your family through the wedding!

Denise- I merged the two songs together in iMovie, exported it as a AIFF file, imported it into iTunes, converted it as an MP3, imported it into ShowitWeb. :-)

April- I've never had a problem with it. Everyone always loves to be goofy. I like to start with the jump picture b/c it loosens them up for the following pictures.

Rachel Brooke- Ha, I'm sure Sarah will love reading that she looks like a supermodel. She does look like Twiggy now that I think of it.

June 3, 2008 at 3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog as a result of you posting "Cardboard Testimonies" on your site. I too am from Texas like your friend Dixie. I attend Hillside Christian Church where the video was shot. It still continues to bless me each time I view it and share it.
I want to raise my hands in a round of applause for your BEAUTIFUL photography! You are truly blessed with a God given gift. I am wondering how much photoshop you use to "finish" your photos. I too am a photographer, and find photoshop to be a great tool to give photos extra punch. Of course, if someone doesn't have the "great eye" for composition like you, no photoshop will help. Keep up the great work, but most of all be still and know that He is God and that He loves YOU.
Shannon

June 9, 2008 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Hi Shannon. Thanks for your sweet words and I'm glad you found my blog. I don't use Photoshop, except maybe to erase the bags under eyes and fix blemishes. I do all my editing in Bridge because it's easier to batch edit, and I like the look it gives my photos better than actions in Photoshop.

June 10, 2008 at 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.