..CATEGORIES....|....OLDER POSTS....|....MY WEBSITES....|....PRESS....|....VENDOR FRIENDS....|....COPYRIGHT .........

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
UPDATE: I'm now documenting Jacksonville high school senior portraits.
You can view my senior website here!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


WELCOME TO MY WORLD.
I HAVE THE MOST FABULOUS JOB DOCUMENTING LOVE. BEAUTY. FASHION.
ALL THE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD MY CAMERA TAKES ME.
AFTER WE MEET, THIS IS WHERE I SHOW YOU OFF.
I ALSO LOVE RAMBLING ABOUT ALL GOD IS TEACHING ME ON THIS JOURNEY.
I CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU & DOCUMENT YOUR DAY.
EMAIL ME ALL THE JUICY DETAILS!



FEATURED ON TLC'S "WEDDING DAY MAKEOVER."
VOTED BEST OF 2010 NORTH FLORIDA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER BY THE KNOT MAGAZINE.
VOTED #1 BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER 2009 BY JACKSONVILLE BRIDE MAGAZINE.
Serving clients in Jacksonville, FL, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra and surrounding areas.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER /// SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG /// BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK

Jacksonville Senior Photographer // Scarlett Lillian Seniors: 92 years young.
BlogMenu

May 26, 2008

92 years young.

This new season in my life has been a rebirth of sorts. God is giving new life to who I am as a single again and all the things He's not finished doing with me yet. He is giving new life to goals and visions I had for my career and business that I can't wait to reveal to you all soon. He is giving new life to friendships and other relationships I had been neglecting. He is giving new life to the foundation of my love for Him and where it all began.

Yesterday, I went to church with my mom at the church I grew up in. Though I started going somewhere different after college, my mom continues to go there and gives a ride every Sunday morning to our favorite oldest girlfriend, Frances. She is the youngest 92-year-old you will meet, and has always been close to my heart because she was the person who lead me to getting baptized when I was 13. I am so grateful now looking back at how God used her to encourage me to accept Jesus into my heart, then beginning the rebirth of my new life as a Christian. Yet, with how important Frances has always been in my life, I realized, I've never had a picture of her.

After church, Frances came over to my parents' house to celebrate and grill out for Memorial Day, and I snuck her outside to take a few pictures of her. Here are some of my favorite shots and a slideshow to her favorite hymn! I just laughed when she showed up in hot pink and how perfectly she would match my blog!

Happy Memorial Day to everyone!


















Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Hey, Scarlett. I'm sure that Frances had an EXCELLENT time posing for you... she looks like so much fun! It makes me think of my grandparents, and their zest for life. Congratulations to you for getting grounded again, and opening your eyes to the wonder of God. I'm so happy that he never gives up on us!

May 26, 2008 at 12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see her birth certificate!! What a beauty she is! Did you teach her those moves? She looks like it was very natural and that she is very comfortable showing us that the joy of the Lord is her strength. Although I say this every time you put new pictures on your site, this really may be my favorite shoot you've done yet. What a testimony Frances is for living our lives for God. Thank's for sharing it!

May 26, 2008 at 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey again, Scarlett - it's Cheyenne's friend again. I LOVE your slide show of Frances. She reminds me of my amazing 84 year old grandmother who, like Frances, never seems to grow old. Again, GREAT WORK! Oh, and hang in there with everything else. I was in your spot about 6 years ago, and at that point in my life, I never thought I'd come out of everything alive, but here I am - a happily married woman with countless gifts from up above. You can do it - keep prayin' girl!

May 26, 2008 at 8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I just wanted to say Hi! Sounds like we are going through the same things at almost the exact same times... as far as relationships go. Funt stuff! My Mom loves your site and always visits and loves the photography. Just thought I would encourage you to continue to trust Jesus. That's my hope and joy and always will be what I am doing and it's so neat to know that He has my life held firmly in His hands... I don't know His plans but He does and that makes me stay really close to Him!

God bless you!

May 26, 2008 at 9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the most beautiful women we know! It's so neat to read the story. Recently, we've been talking about "planting seeds" and how subtly people plant seeds for us to come to know God. I loved reading about how Frances planted seeds for you.

See you on Friday!

Love,
Rachel

May 27, 2008 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Isis said...

Frances is just so cute! I love her outfit and the expressions on her face, all show just how much she is loving life. My grandmother will be celebrating her 90th birthday this year and I'm always amazed by how powerful of a woman she is. Truly inspirational.

May 27, 2008 at 10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scarlett,
I am a wedding photographer in the Virginia Beach, VA area, and I have been reading your blog for sometime now. I love your work, your open spirit and your willingness to be vulnerable.
And yes, this too shall pass. I know that many have already said this to you, but I will say it anyway: God has a plan. He already has it mapped out for you.
My wife and I married in Aug 04. I was 37 and she was 42. First marriage for both. We had both waited until it hurt. I had actually been engaged five times before, but God never allowed those engagements to get to the altar.
And now I know why. Susan is truly my soulmate. I am so so so so glad God saved us both for each other.
You're awesome and God's plans are already working! Romans 8:28, Jeremiah 29:11

May 27, 2008 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

You are all soooo sweet! Thanks for all your kind words about Frances and my new beginnings!

May 27, 2008 at 2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett,
I love Frances! I was so honored to sit beside her what seems like a few years ago now. She is a GEM! I am so blessed to share her name!!!

May 27, 2008 at 5:18 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Franca- :-) That's right, I forgot you met her at my birthday party that year!

May 28, 2008 at 10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarlett,
You have truly brought me to tears! I am Frances' granddaughter, she is Memaw to me! What a beautiful thing you have done for her and for us to see these beautiful pictures! I had to move away from her 4 years ago and it broke my heart to leave her and to take my kids away from her. She has always been like a second Mom to me and also is the one that lead me to Christ. So, I understand how special that is! Your website is gorgeous and again thank you so much for honoring her in this way!

Rachael

July 9, 2008 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Aww Rachael, it's great to hear from one of her granddaughters! I'm so touched that you love the photos. Frances is so special to many many people!

July 10, 2008 at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


// OLDER POSTS //

September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
February 2015



//SUBSCRIBE//

For blog stalkers, here's my RSS Feed!


You can also receive my new blog entries in your inbox.
Enter your Email





//COPYRIGHT//

The images on this blog are the property of Scarlett & Stephen Photography. Images may not be reprinted without the permission of Scarlett Lillian.
However, you are welcome to use them for personal web sites such as MySpace, Facebook, etc with the link back to this blog, and keeping the logo on the photo. If you would like to use the images for any other purpose, please contact Scarlett Lillian at scarlett@scarlettlovesstephen.com. Thanks!

Jacksonville Senior Portrait Photographer also serving Ponte Vedra, St. Augustine, Amelia Island, Orange Park, Fernandina, Nocatee.
Jacksonville Photographers Senior Pictures, Jacksonville Senior Pics, Jacksonville Senior Photos, Jacksonville Senior Portraits, Jacksonville Senior Photographer, Jacksonville High School Photographer, Jacksonville High School Portraits, Scarlett Lillian Seniors.